SiouxSports.com Forum

Why UND over Fargo U? Here's why...

Hayduke

It must be important for ESPN networks to televise it, must be important for major cities to host regionals and the Frozen Four. Who is talking about NDSU's win over Oklahoma? Nobody. Its over. They (NCAA Tournament) have moved on. Plus most people in Fargo never saw it since Cable One doesn't have TruTV, biggest game in NDSU basketball history and it wasn't televised in the city of Fargo unless you have a dish. How did NDSU's play against Kansas in 2009 do for your schedule?? How many majors came to the BSA? Is Oklahoma going to schedule you guys a rematch? Go ahead and bash the NCAA hockey tournament because its the current talk of the town, you guys....are done.

Espn televised Wrasslin too. Nobody cares about that either.

Don't compare the Big Dance to hockey...who you reckon got more exposure as a result of their win? I'll give you a hint.....they play about a block away from me and across the street from the Fargodome.

OOOH YEAH! i'm SCARED!! Thanks for telling me your proximity to LOSERS!!! btw - Would your address be 344Johnson? :glare: Because that little girl likes to run back to another board and copy and paste comments mostly because he is a P*SSY! You guys won 1 game - GREAT! Congratulations! well done. You were the talk of everywhere for 2 days until you LOST! Not only LOST but got your *ss kicked by 20 points. Winners get talked about but you didn't after you bombed! END OF STORY!

OOOH YEAH! i'm SCARED!! Thanks for telling me your proximity to LOSERS!!! btw - Would your address be 344Johnson? :glare: Because that little girl likes to run back to another board and copy and paste comments mostly because he is a P*SSY! You guys won 1 game - GREAT! Congratulations! well done. You were the talk of everywhere for 2 days until you LOST! Not only LOST but got your *ss kicked by 20 points. Winners get talked about but you didn't after you bombed! END OF STORY!

....try to keep up bro. Way behind. By the way.... I'd put you down like a sick dog.

would you rather be the talk of the sports world for two days (NDSU over Oklahoma) or not talked about at all (College hockey in general)?

Okay your daily attempt to convince us that FU is better than UND is accomplished. I'm thinking if I was a senior at FU and felt I had such a great future ahead of me I wouldn't be trying to sell a ring on Ebay - bison pride. Guess that ring doesn't mean much to him - same FU football team member that flunked out of Signature Gathering 101.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/431326/

I guess all of the influential politicians and hockey players can't make UND a valuable education. It appears that NDSU grads will be about $140.000 ahead of UND grads after 20 years. I guess those fry cooks and farmers are doing ok.

Wait, so using random internet sites that use random methodology to compare things is OK now? Wasn't it just last week that the FU faithful were up in arms about that being ridiculous?

• Upvote 2

The official beer of bison football: http://www.beeradvoc...file/29/111575/

Well it is OK ;)

I don't put too much stock in things...but as a finance guy...ROI is a big thing we look at....I'm sure y'all do fine. UND probably has some more "fruity" majors than NDSU does that pull in next to nothing or something.

Okay your daily attempt to convince us that FU is better than UND is accomplished. I'm thinking if I was a senior at FU and felt I had such a great future ahead of me I wouldn't be trying to sell a ring on Ebay - bison pride. Guess that ring doesn't mean much to him - same FU football team member that flunked out of Signature Gathering 101.

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/431326/

He has more than one, so he will still have one after this one sells. Do you suppose anyone other than a former UND hockey player owns a National Championship ring? You probably wouldn't have heard about it because I'm not sure there was internet that long ago, but I'm guessing there have been some of those rings sold also. Why wouldn't you get $5,000 for a piece of jewelry that you are never going to wear. In Rodgers case, he isn't going to play pro ball, and any senior in college could use some extra money before they find a real job after graduation.

He has more than one, so he will still have one after this one sells. Do you suppose anyone other than a former UND hockey player owns a National Championship ring? You probably wouldn't have heard about it because I'm not sure there was internet that long ago, but I'm guessing there have been some of those rings sold also. Why wouldn't you get $5,000 for a piece of jewelry that you are never going to wear. In Rodgers case, he isn't going to play pro ball, and any senior in college could use some extra money before they find a real job after graduation.

Well except for the part where he was on the cusp of a fairly serious NCAA violation, seemed like a solid plan. Guessing the coaching staff and GT were thrilled when they heard about it.

Wait, so using random internet sites that use random methodology to compare things is OK now? Wasn't it just last week that the FU faithful were up in arms about that being ridiculous?

So you are all over how much more influential UND grads are the NDSU grads (which is rather meaningless), but when something that really matters is compared (the actual value of an education at a particular college) and NDSU comes out on top it's bu%# Sh#@. I'm not one that thinks either institution is better than the other. I think you will get a quality education at either. But there are some on this site that keep saying the NDSU is a garbage institution and their degrees are throw away degrees. I think this proves them wrong.

2001 football team, 1997-1999 women's basketball team, the athletic office staff

So you are all over how much more influential UND grads are the NDSU grads (which is rather meaningless), but when something that really matters is compared (the actual value of an education at a particular college) and NDSU comes out on top it's bu%# Sh#@. I'm not one that thinks either institution is better than the other. I think you will get a quality education at either. But there are some on this site that keep saying the NDSU is a garbage institution and their degrees are throw away degrees. I think this proves them wrong.

No. I think they both were pretty pointless. But seeing FU fans throw a fit about a pretty random article by Time magazine and saying it was meaningless and then work themselves into a frenzy from the chest thumping based off a website pretty much no one had heard of until this is amusing

No. I think they both were pretty pointless. But seeing FU fans throw a fit about a pretty random article by Time magazine and saying it was meaningless and then work themselves into a frenzy from the chest thumping based off a website pretty much no one had heard of until this is amusing

I didn't dispute the Time article about influential grads. However, it is rather insignificant to most students when deciding which school to attend. I don't think having a bunch former hockey players in the NHL or a bunch of lawyers in politics makes much of a difference in the decision. Seeing what kind of return on investment you may get from that education would make a difference to a prospective student.

I didn't dispute the Time article about influential grads. However, it is rather insignificant to most students when deciding which school to attend. I don't think having a bunch former hockey players in the NHL or a bunch of lawyers in politics makes much of a difference in the decision. Seeing what kind of return on investment you may get from that education would make a difference to a prospective student.

Those ROI numbers are based off of 636 individuals for NDSU and 477 individuals for UND over an unnamed period of time, all of which are self-reported, not actively collected by the website. Not that either the Forum or Herald took time to look too deep into the numbers, but I would hardly put much stock into numbers that small. Their total sample size represents well under 20% of what UND graduates in a single year, yet their "study" is based on what people will/have made over a 20 year time frame. Again, not a real strong sample size.

Their site is what it is, but the idea of using a site no one has ever heard of to claim a school is better than the other is no better than claiming the one other is better because a magazine article said it's more influential.

Although I dispute the "study" you referenced, the return on investment may not always be in terms of money either. Who wants to be stuck in a job they hate just for the $$$? I'd say both schools offer degree programs that satisfy their graduates.

Okay, I'll stop being reasonable now... :lol:

• Upvote 1