SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Annual Big Sky v. Summit Measuring Contest

Dagger

I watched the Summit Championship and the Big Sky Championship game. Of IPFY, NDSU UND, and Weber State, Weber State appears to be then strongest team based on that game . Weber definitely has the complete package.

Because they were playing a team that doesn't play defense.

Because they were playing a team that doesn't play defense.

Just think of what Weber would have done to NDSU last night in Utah. It wouldn't of been pretty. You apparently don't remember the whooping UND put on your team. It is funny how the memory seems to disappear sometimes.

Just think of what Weber would have done to NDSU last night in Utah. It wouldn't of been pretty. You apparently don't remember the whooping UND put on your team. It is funny how the memory seems to disappear sometimes.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the comments of Jones and the players after the game. I'm assuming they said this game didn't really matter to them, because the beat the Bison back in November.

I am trying to contribute something to the conversation, are you?

Really? What were you contributing when you said "so Southern Utah would've fared better against Weber?" You obviously didn't watch the game last night, or you would have a clue. you obviously don't know UND was playing shorthanded- two mainstays of the lineup were hurt. If you really want to contribute, hurry up with my order of fries.

It's much better than the Summit? LMAO Not according to the landscape of college basketball.

The Big Sky bid got a 16 seed, the Summit got a 12 seed, that's a close correlation of the reflexion of the strength of the conferences. The Big Sky has also been more stable, much longer than the Summit, and the Summit is already a better conference, and has been for a while.

There is a lot more to the big picture than one seed in one sport in one year. There a lot of varying factors. Like I said, it is the conference NDSU would of killed to get into. I believe NDSU tried a couple of times to get into it. You are right. The Big Sky is a whole .lot more stable. You have one fact right.

It's much better than the Summit? LMAO Not according to the landscape of college basketball.

The Big Sky bid got a 16 seed, the Summit got a 12 seed, that's a close correlation of the reflexion of the strength of the conferences. The Big Sky has also been more stable, much longer than the Summit, and the Summit is already a better conference, and has been for a while.

ButtRPI! :silly:

Facts are things that can be proven.

Go ahead.

So, it's not a fact that USD had a Big Sky offer? I would have bet $5000 in 2010 that SDSU, USD, and NDSU would have received a quick yes to a request for Big Sky Membership in any 1, 2 or 3 combination along with UND. No question. But you can go ahead and bury your head in the sand and act like UND is in an exclusive club if you'd like to.

Likewise, in 2010 if UND would have pushed for a Summit/MVFC offer, it would have come. It would not have taken long for the Summit teams to apply the needed pressure to the MVFC, like they did for USD. That was just a matter of time,

So, it's not a fact that USD had a Big Sky offer? I would have bet $5000 in 2010 that SDSU, USD, and NDSU would have received a quick yes to a request for Big Sky Membership in any 1, 2 or 3 combination along with UND. No question. But you can go ahead and bury your head in the sand and act like UND is in an exclusive club if you'd like to.

Likewise, in 2010 if UND would have pushed for a Summit/MVFC offer, it would have come. It would not have taken long for the Summit teams to apply the needed pressure to the MVFC, like they did for USD. That was just a matter of time,

90% of your post is speculation. The only thing we know for sure about UND and the MVFC/Summit is UND probably was a lock for the Summit. I'm not sold on MVFC being a lock.

Outside of USD, do you have any proof of this or is it just conjecture on your part? And I believe USD had a strong desire to move to the Big Sky, the SD Board of Regents denied them in doing so.

This thread may set a record to falsehoods on both sides. I'm chiming in only to point out the statement on the SD Board of Regents is wrong. USD darn-near went to the Big Sky and it was only after some 11th hour negotiating with the MVFC that USD accepted an offer to go with the Summit and the MVFC.

North Dakota pushed for MVFC membership for 3 years to no avail. They WERE pushing for it 2010. The MVFC seems to want as little exposure to the state of ND as possible. Don't forget, they didn't want NDSU either, SDSU had to convince the league to take the Bison when they were invited. For better or worse, North Dakota and USD didn't have the same relationship.

The MVFC is a great league, and I would have loved to be a part of it at one time. However, MVFC membership seems to mean Summit membership, so I am really glad we were able to dodge that bullet. I really feel bad for USD in some respects. Their President, their A.D., their coaches, and their fans all prefered the Big Sky invite when it finally came, but their Board of Regents put the kabosh to it because of the Summit league buyout.

Oh well. Fact still remains that 5 of 6 former NCC schools have tried to get into the Big Sky. It must not be so bad then.

Sorry you miss us so much.

This thread may set a record to falsehoods on both sides. I'm chiming in only to point out the statement on the SD Board of Regents is wrong. USD darn-near went to the Big Sky and it was only after some 11th hour negotiating with the MVFC that USD accepted an offer to go with the Summit and the MVFC.

USD was for all intensive purposes a Summit member but then the President and A.D. advocated accepting the Big Sky invite. Is that a falsehood?

USD was for all intensive purposes a Summit member but then the President and A.D. advocated accepting the Big Sky invite. Is that a falsehood?

Once they got the MVFC invite it was game, set and match.

That is the only truth that matters. They used the Big Sky as a means to get what they really wanted.

Once they got the MVFC invite it was game, set and match.

That is the only truth that matters. They used the Big Sky as a means to get what they really wanted.

True or False: While under contract to become a member of the Summit League, the President of USD accepted an invitation to join another league.

I would have bet $5000 in 2010 that SDSU, USD, and NDSU would have received a quick yes to a request for Big Sky Membership in any 1, 2 or 3 combination along with UND. No question. But you can go ahead and bury your head in the sand and act like UND is in an exclusive club if you'd like to.

My beef is the way you keep calling these "facts"

Of course there's some probability that would have happened if the Big Sky had been asked. Anyone from the Big Sky saying this would have been a done deal? If not, you've got a theory, not a fact.

See how that works?