SiouxSports.com Forum

March Madness

MafiaMan

Johnboy is a typical NDSU graduate. It's what happens when you attend a university that will give anyone with a pulse a diploma and seems to specialize in teaching the functionally illiterate how to access the internet (see Bisonville).

.....lol wut

Michigan...Michigan State...Arizona...Florida...my Final Four picks are all still alive at the Elite 8 mark. Pretty sure I haven't had that luck since I had UCLA winning the tournament back in '95!

Michigan State out...Arizona out. Bracket disaster for me if Michigan loses to Kentucky!

Has any coach done less with more talent than Tom Izzo? How long will Michigan State tolerate Elite 8 appearances and Final Four failures? 8 Elite 8's...6 Final Fours...2 title game appearances...1 championship.

• Upvote 1

Michigan State out...Arizona out. Bracket disaster for me if Michigan loses to Kentucky!

Has any coach done less with more talent than Tom Izzo? How long will Michigan State tolerate Elite 8 appearances and Final Four failures? 8 Elite 8's...6 Final Fours...2 title game appearances...1 championship.

Hmmm - after this year Hak will have 6 Frozen 4 appearances and we would be estatic if we had one title.

Pretty sure the Izzo thing is a joke and maybe a little bit of a shot at another poster on this forum. Pretty amazing to think this years Seniors are the first group of guys that have played 4 years for Izzo and not made a final 4.

Not this fan. No green koolaid drinker here. Great coaches are not remembered for just getting there. Last title winners will have their 15 year reunion next year. Would Magic Johnson settle for the elite 8? Mateen Cleaves? I don't think so. Izzo's team ruined my bracket today. That's unacceptable. Mark Hollis and President Simon have some soul searching to do here. A niche sport has won a title more recently than Izzo's team. Again, unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

Not this fan. No green koolaid drinker here. Great coaches are not remembered for just getting there. Last title winners will have their 15 year reunion next year. Would Magic Johnson settle for the elite 8? Mateen Cleaves? I don't think so. Izzo's team ruined my bracket today. That's unacceptable. Mark Hollis and President Simon have some soul searching to do here. A niche sport has won a title more recently than Izzo's team. Again, unacceptable.

I thought MSU had the easiest game of the four this weekend against UConn. What was the Spartan guard doing fouling the guy chucking up the desperation three pointer near the end of the game? Thanks for the three gimme free throws. Ballgame.

Wonder if Marquette will give Saul a call

Speaking of this, can the Fargo media stop pimping Saul for every damn opening that pops up? They are the only one's mentioning his name. First they started with Marquette and Washington State, which he had ZERO chance of getting. Now they have resorted to naming him a candidate for Tulsa and Ohio, which nobody else is saying he has a shot at besides them. Winning the Summit League once every five years doesn't make you a primetime candidate, Calliou. Could he get the Tulsa job, maybe,...yah I suppose. But stop with throwing his name around constantly every time there is an opening.

They did this with Bohl too saying he was a candidate for Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska (if opened), etc. He ended up at frickin Wyoming. :silly:

Speaking of this, can the Fargo media stop pimping Saul for every damn opening that pops up? They are the only one's mentioning his name. First they started with Marquette and Washington State, which he had ZERO chance of getting. Now they have resorted to naming him a candidate for Tulsa and Ohio, which nobody else is saying he has a shot at besides them. Winning the Summit League once every five years doesn't make you a primetime candidate, Calliou. Could he get the Tulsa job, maybe,...yah I suppose. But stop with throwing his name around constantly every time there is an opening.

They did this with Bohl too saying he was a candidate for Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska (if opened), etc. He ended up at frickin Wyoming. :silly:

This makes me laugh every time, fricken awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of this, can the Fargo media stop pimping Saul for every damn opening that pops up? They are the only one's mentioning his name. First they started with Marquette and Washington State, which he had ZERO chance of getting. Now they have resorted to naming him a candidate for Tulsa and Ohio, which nobody else is saying he has a shot at besides them. Winning the Summit League once every five years doesn't make you a primetime candidate, Calliou. Could he get the Tulsa job, maybe,...yah I suppose. But stop with throwing his name around constantly every time there is an opening.They did this with Bohl too saying he was a candidate for Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska (if opened), etc. He ended up at frickin Wyoming. :silly:
Saul will move as soon as some low level school waives $300 G's in front of him. NDSU basketball has no future for at least three years and Saul knows it (and that's assuming decent recruits are coming to a barren cupboard). If he wants his career to advance, he's got to take the next offer.Same thing happened with Bohl - he had to move on or be stuck at bizonville forever with no career aspirations. Wife would have killed him. Wyoming was the perfect place for him because his past wouldn't be dug up because Wyoming has no investigative press.

Umm....his name has been tossed around by media people in those areas. Heck Andy Katz tossed his name out for the Washington State job...might want to do some research. Saul is a hot candidate. I will say though he had no chance for the Marquette job, that was obvious.

He has a lot more going for him then Bohl had, since he doesn't have to deal with the FCS stigma and some issues from the past.

Umm....his name has been tossed around by media people in those areas. Heck Andy Katz tossed his name out for the Washington State job...might want to do some research. Saul is a hot candidate. I will say though he had no chance for the Marquette job, that was obvious.

He has a lot more going for him then Bohl had, since he doesn't have to deal with the FCS stigma and some issues from the past.

Considering his agent and GT both said in the Forum that no school has contacted them, after the WSU and MU openings, I will stick with what I said. He better get one of these jobs because "hot" candidates usually get hired.

Is the UW-GB job open?

Considering his agent and GT both said in the Forum that no school has contacted them, after the WSU and MU openings, I will stick with what I said. He better get one of these jobs because "hot" candidates usually get hired.

Is the UW-GB job open?

There aren't a lot of jobs open this year, especially not a lot of lower level BCS or high level mid-major jobs. I've only seen about three or four jobs that make sense and one of those was filled(WSU). Wouldn't shock me if he is still at NDSU next year.