SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

Unless you were fortunate enough not to watch UND's implosion against New Hampshire in the 2008-2009 NCAA tournament.....then you have before.

Crap thanks for that memory ya knudnick...........now it's back to therapy for me.....denial......anger....one step at a time.....again

Riley Barber wins the game for Miami, when is the last time we had a difference maker on the Sioux, Rocco could be one but he just not there for some reason. You always here about the scorers on other teams and they play us and score, we dont ever seem to have guys that get talked about and score. Gets kinda irritating, ok that was my rant!

Riley Barber wins the game for Miami, when is the last time we had a difference maker on the Sioux, Rocco could be one but he just not there for some reason. You always here about the scorers on other teams and they play us and score, we dont ever seem to have guys that get talked about and score. Gets kinda irritating, ok that was my rant!

When did Miami become the team to beat in the NCHC?

Omaha had a goal like that a couple years ago against us. I don't remember exactly which year, but it was in Omaha within the last three years.

It was November 2010. Game was scoreless until they scored with barely any time left. It was close to offsides too. Then they celebrated like they won a national championship. I'll never forget the cowbells. I can still hear them ringing.

This years team just really doesn't have that. I actually like this years team because of that. Have a very balanced attack. Teams can't focus on one line.

Last year, Kristo and Knight were talked about a lot.

Liked what the Chyzyk, O'Donnell, and St. Clair line did tonight, but kind of thought that the Gaarder, Rodwell line wasn't quite as effective as it has been the whole second half with Mitch MacMillan on it. Would like to see Keaton Thompson back in the lineup as well. Did Ausmus get hurt, or did they just take him out of the rotation at the end of the game?

Liked what the Chyzyk, O'Donnell, and St. Clair line did tonight, but kind of thought that the Gaarder, Rodwell line wasn't quite as effective as it has been the whole second half with Mitch MacMillan on it. Would like to see Keaton Thompson back in the lineup as well. Did Ausmus get hurt, or did they just take him out of the rotation at the end of the game?

Was curious about this also.

That's what I'm hearing...but reports on here said plenty of empty seats at REA - tickets sold?

The upper deck of the student section and the visitors sections were pretty empty. The students are on spring break. Most of the rest of the arena looked pretty normal. The student section shows up a lot on TV so that probably looked bad.

Omaha had a goal like that a couple years ago against us. I don't remember exactly which year, but it was in Omaha within the last three years.

Yah, and from what I remember, friends of mine at that game said UNO was off sides by a country mile just prior to scoring in that 1-0 victory.

Unless you were fortunate enough not to watch UND's implosion against New Hampshire in the 2008-2009 NCAA tournament.....then you have before.

Duncan won about 5 straight faceoffs at the end of that debacle but UNH got the last one and was able to cash it...of course the OT was a foregone conclusion...that was the closest I've come to throwing something through my tv screen...seriously, why did you have to bring that up? #buzzerbeater

Duncan won about 5 straight faceoffs at the end of that debacle but UNH got the last one and was able to cash it...of course the OT was a foregone conclusion...that was the closest I've come to throwing something through my tv screen...seriously, why did you have to bring that up? #buzzerbeater

All Joe Finley had to do was chip it off the glass to clear,game over.Except he missed the glass and chipped it out of bounds. Thus the faceoff in our end.

Nice job to Scotty owens in the first 25 minutes. Over the past 20 years if u want to beat us play the nz trap ( 1 2 2 ). We can't solve it to save our souls in big games in the past. Tonight it seems like we made the necessary adjustments. I will be interested to see how we adjust to teams running the same d-zone strategey (if/when) we get to the last 16.

This years team just really doesn't have that. I actually like this years team because of that. Have a very balanced attack. Teams can't focus on one line.

Last year, Kristo and Knight were talked about a lot.

I feel the same way. The Sioux teams with go-to scorers have been great to watch over the years, but they haven't fared well in the tourney. I like this group, even though I'd be a little surprised if they go deep. They won't score a lot some games, but if Gothberg is on, they could get by those.

The upper deck of the student section and the visitors sections were pretty empty. The students are on spring break. Most of the rest of the arena looked pretty normal.

This...^^^^^^^.

Ralph got alittle/some buzz after the Parks goal to tie it.

Agrees you on all of this. Give OD credit...he isn't a top 6 guy...never was but he has really contributed in a bottom 6 role. His line last tonight was the most consistent IMO.

Mitch...meh. That 4th line needs Panz if OD plays on the 3rd.

IMO I thought Thompson's offensive game fit with CC"s style of play. Surprised he was a scratch. I didn't notice Ausmus getting hurt.

Paging Schmaltz!! Probably the best talent at a player's post ion but again looked disinterested for 2/3rds of the game.

I'd be burning scholarships in the locker room.

Absolutely gross start-

pull Zane...not his fault, but have to make a move

I know your post was early on but you were right on point here. They were so flat when the game started....couldn't believe it. This game was different from some of their other flat starts, CC is such a bad team. I actually think the boys played bad the entire game...look at the shot totals. Either way, good teams find a way to beat bad teams even if they aren't playing the best. On to Saturday, I bet we drop 6-7 tonight. Hopefully Miami beats St. Cloud tonight.