SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC playoffs.....Away we go.

Wilbur

It has been a strange year for Miami Hockey. I'm sure we have some talent but we have struggled. We've went from #1 in the country to last place in the NCHC. Maybe we didn't adjust well to the long travel (although we took a bus all the way to St. Cloud), or we were overrated or underachieved, or the CCHA was overrated (but Notre Dame has done well in HE), or we are adjusting to the style of play of the NCHC vs CCHA.... Whatever has happened, I think we are the low seed that nobody really wants to play because we are capable of beating anybody. We have made the NCAA Tourney 8 straight years and I'd love to win the next 2 and make it 9.

Props to your boys on surviving the bus trip to Cloud! We made the drive from Minneapolis to Oxford in October (overnight) and it was quite a haul. So much coffee was drank.

I saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting

I believe he has one year left on his contract.

Blais has one of the top recruiting classes coming in next year. They need to find some defenseman and a tendy and they'll be a top program.

Buckle up and win tomorrow. We have been here before.

Not gonna bitch about game or coaching or effort.....thought it was all alright tonight....it is not easy to end a team's season.....that said I think we win 4-1 or 5-1 tomorrow night.

What I am going to bitch about are 2 things that are arena experience related.

The first is kind of minor but has been bugging me for awhile and I know I am not alone as the people sitting around me hate it as well.

Find something different to say than "Lets play old time hockey" or whatever the hell he says....it sounds so hokey.

The 2nd is a little more egregious.

Whoever is in charge of the "ads" we run during the game should be fired yesterday.

Stop with the ads for the UND Pre party next weekend in Minneapolis for the NCHC frozen faceoff.

IF we make it, people will figure it out.

it is obnoxious

it is disrespectful

it is arrogant

it is tasteless

heard of karma

CC doesn't need anything to hang on the bulletin board....all they have to do is look up at the screen every couple breaks in the action and see that the School they are playing has absolutely no respect for them or their program and is already making plans for next weekend.

Somebody at the Ralph or in the AD office needs to get a clue.

• Upvote 1

Now that St. Clown and Duluth are OUT it's up to the good fans of Western Michigan and Miami to TRAVEL to make the first NCHC conference tourney a success....that's not a question - that's a challenge! You guys had the balls to win your series...GONNA SHOW UP for the tourney or like a pussy watch it on tv??.....TRAVEL AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE boys!

(fun guarenteed!)

Waiting for Jim's new pairwise predictions. Can the Sioux even crawl off the bubble (now 15) with any losses in the next 3. I expect not, all the games will be vs. teams very low in the pairwise. Any loss should end their season. Conference tourney championship is now more important than the ncaa's (since any loss ends their season). Autobid or bust, for all remaining NCHC teams.

Cool to see these different teams in Minneapolis (sans Denver), but the Sioux need to be there as well. Sioux/Miami, Friday night at the Target Center.

Waiting for Jim's new pairwise predictions. Can the Sioux even crawl off the bubble (now 15) with any losses in the next 3. I expect not, all the games will be vs. teams very low in the pairwise. Any loss should end their season. Conference tourney championship is now more important than the ncaa's (since any loss ends their season). Autobid or bust, for all remaining NCHC teams.

Cool to see these different teams in Minneapolis (sans Denver), but the Sioux need to be there as well. Sioux/Miami, Friday night at the Target Center.

The NCHC upsets in the 1st round did us no favors...unless one considers next weekend a UND "home" series at Target with the 3 other team there...provided a win vs CC tonight.

The NCHC upsets in the 1st round did us no favors...unless one considers next weekend a UND "home" series at Target with the 3 other team there...provided a win vs CC tonight.

It's odd to see this conference in the position that they are; something that I don't remember ever happening in the old WCHA. HE is kicking our arse, and we need both Vermont and Northeastern to lose today. NCHC=WCHA=ECAC and all those are barely better than the AHA.

I believe they actually went away from him and gave Slubowski the start last night.

They did, and I thought it would be their undoing considering how solid Hafner has been. Clearly, that wasn't the case, and they have a phenomenal goaltender tandem.

Buckle up and win tomorrow. We have been here before.

Not gonna bitch about game or coaching or effort.....thought it was all alright tonight....it is not easy to end a team's season.....that said I think we win 4-1 or 5-1 tomorrow night.

What I am going to bitch about are 2 things that are arena experience related.

The first is kind of minor but has been bugging me for awhile and I know I am not alone as the people sitting around me hate it as well.

Find something different to say than "Lets play old time hockey" or whatever the hell he says....it sounds so hokey.

The 2nd is a little more egregious.

Whoever is in charge of the "ads" we run during the game should be fired yesterday.

Stop with the ads for the UND Pre party next weekend in Minneapolis for the NCHC frozen faceoff.

IF we make it, people will figure it out.

it is obnoxious

it is disrespectful

it is arrogant

it is tasteless

heard of karma

CC doesn't need anything to hang on the bulletin board....all they have to do is look up at the screen every couple breaks in the action and see that the School they are playing has absolutely no respect for them or their program and is already making plans for next weekend.

Somebody at the Ralph or in the AD office needs to get a clue.

Thank you to The Ralph or whoever was responsible for stopping this madness tonight!