SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC playoffs.....Away we go.

Wilbur

Miami @ SCSU

CC @ UND

Denver @ UNO

Western @ Duluth

A good chance for most of these series to go three games. I like UND's first round matchup a lot more than what some other teams are looking at.

My predictions:

SCSU over Miami in 3.

UND over CC in 2.

Denver beats UNO in 3.

Western beats Duluth in 3.

Miami @ SCSU

CC @ UND

Denver @ UNO

Western @ Duluth

A good chance for most of these series to go three games. I like UND's first round matchup a lot more than what some other teams are looking at.

My predictions:

SCSU over Miami in 3.

UND over CC in 2.

Denver beats UNO in 3.

I agree, Wilbur, but I'm going with UNO against DU.

I agree, Wilbur, but I'm going with UNO against DU.

The only thing that made me pick DU over UNO is Sam Brittain. When he finds his groove he can put them on his back and he's just not getting scored on that evening. UNO is a better team, but I think Denver pulls one out.

Any of those 8 teams could end up in Dinkytown. Extremely tense weekend of hockey coming up.

The only thing that made me pick DU over UNO is Sam Brittain. When he finds his groove he can put them on his back and he's just not getting scored on that evening. UNO is a better team, but I think Denver pulls one out.

Any of those 8 teams could end up in Dinkytown. Extremely tense weekend of hockey coming up.

You would go with the goalie.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I meant if all the 5678 seeds advanced so you had Denver, CC, Miami and Western at Minneapolis.

I understood what you meant - The ONLY seed that would dramatically affect attendance would be CC over UND. St Cloud and UMD don't bring as much to the table as they should, given their respective school locations.

• Upvote 1

Obviously money wise UND, SCSU, and Duluth making the field is important. But regardless.....I don't think you'll see a ton of fans from the other five schools. I have no idea about Omaha because they have never made the final five when I've been there.

The only silver lining in last night's loss is we play CC instead of Miami, Blake Coleman is on a tear right now

I don't know, there's a reason this team is where they ended up. Any bets on Miami having a mass exodus of players at the end of the season? Probably starting next weekend after SCSU eliminates them.

I don't know, there's a reason this team is where they ended up. Any bets on Miami having a mass exodus of players at the end of the season? Probably starting next weekend after SCSU eliminates them.

The whole season is the reason they ended up last but it would be foolish to ignore the play of each team most recently. Neither team is great but Miami seems to be on the upswing beating SCSU and Denver recently.

Miami @ SCSU

CC @ UND

Denver @ UNO

Western @ Duluth

My predictions:

SCSU over Miami in 3.

UND over CC in 2.

Denver beats UNO in 3.

Just asked deano if they're taking down Denver....he noted "I hope so". He was watching a grand kid practice. He just have drive over night or something.

One reason, among many. Blake Coleman. Guy is a machine (4 goals against Denver this weekend). With him in the lineup Miami is able to split up Barber and Czarnik, and have Barber play on the second line with Anthony Louis and put Czarnik with Coleman on their top unit.

Their goaltending is suspect, but you have the former USHL goaltender of the year in McKay, and although one night UND lit him up like a two dollar hooker, he did play very well in two appearances against UND.

Miami is the dark horse team. I expect SCSU to win, but you give that talented group of forwards the extra space on an Olympic rink and it'll give SCSU all they want and more.

And I COMPLETELY agree with you about exodus. Bye bye Barber, bye bye Czarnik, bye bye Coleman.