SiouxSports.com Forum

Fun Fact

U2Bad1

Finally back in Cali after 6 weeks in GF.

10:40 at night and it is 50 here. Feels like 50 as well. GF is at -37 and feels like -58. I wore shorts to work today and everyone thought I was on drugs. Then they remembered I'm from ND. Most wear sweatshirts even though it was mid 60s today.

I'll take the cold over the heat of summer that they get here.

When it comes to this kind of weather, it's all about attitude.

I've been in worse, so by comparison this isn't really all that bad.

I was teasing all the fellow grand forkers. Being a graduate meteorology student I actually enjoy the extreme weather :glare:

When it comes to this kind of weather, it's all about attitude.

It's difficult sometimes to put a positive spin on the weather. I've lived in Phoenix going on 10 years & I still haven't gotten used to the extremely hot summers--from late April to late September it's brutal & it rarely dips below 100 deg. for daytime highs. You just don't have a lot of energy when it's 110, 111 day after day after day... I grew up in GF the first 23 years of my life & I would take the freezing cold anyday.

But on the flip side, the winters here are beautiful: from October to March it's like Heaven on earth with temps ranging from 60-70 in the daytime. I agree, though, about the attitude part; maybe I should buy some kind of Zen weather book.