SiouxSports.com Forum

Kvly's decision to air bison basketball instead of the hawks-pens

Redneksioux

Do your remember the last D1 football championship UND won or the last time their men's basketball team went to the "Big Dance"? Oh yeah, never.

I don't think anyone remembers NDSU's trip to the dance but they remember SDSU's.

Somebody help me out here. Lakes isn't in the ol' hoosegow, is he? If he can just hold out two more weeks... 3/14.. 7:00 pm..

That was too early. I should have chose 11:00 PM. damn! Oh, well. Maybe an early happy hour binge will do the job!

NDSU and UND have not won a D1 football championship. Pretty sure the winner was Florida St this year and Alabama a few years in a row before that. That's the only one that matters. That JV D1 championship only matters to Fargo fans, sorry!

That championship trophy means quite a lot to this Sioux fan. It is after all the highest championship awarded for football by the NCAA, and the one North Dakota's program is striving to obtain. I know many hockey fans will be mystified by this, but there is in fact a lot of things going on outside the walls of the REA...........

• Upvote 3

Somebody help me out here. Lakes isn't in the ol' hoosegow, is he? If he can just hold out two more weeks... 3/14.. 7:00 pm..

That was too early. I should have chose 11:00 PM. damn! Oh, well. Maybe an early happy hour binge will do the job!

Lakes is the biggest loser this side of the Mississippi. And the other side.

UND hockey was playing last night. Any hockey fan in North Dakota would be watching UND hockey and not a meaningless NHL game.

This is so right on 2 fronts. If you were so concerned about watching the NHL game, go to NBC online and watch. But my question is, why were you not watching UND online. Any real UND fan would have been watching THE hockey game either on television or online. Now lets move on and figure out how to get #8.

This is so right on 2 fronts. If you were so concerned about watching the NHL game, go to NBC online and watch. But my question is, why were you not watching UND online. Any real UND fan would have been watching THE hockey game either on television or online. Now lets move on and figure out how to get #8.

Or people didn't want to pay for the webcast or maybe their internet doesn't stream things well so they decided they would listen to the Sioux on the radio and wanted to watch a good NHL game at the same time I mean that seems pretty logical to me.

• Upvote 1

Gee what a shock by KVLY on the sports tonight, their lead story is Bison basketball and the SL tourny but nothing about UND women winning the BSC, or the BSC Tourny. As far as they are concerned NDSU is the only college in the state. Very sad how Fargo based WDAY gives UND more coverage than KVLY.

so much butt hurt for one measly regular season game. wouldnt be surprised if some NDSU bball games generates more viewers locally than NHL anyways

You know if the roles were reversed Bison fans would be bitching up a storm.

so much butt hurt for one measly regular season game. wouldnt be surprised if some NDSU bball games generates more viewers locally than NHL anyways

Highly doubt it. Prove that bison bouncy ball is bigger in Kvly's and NBC of nd's footprint. That's right you can't. So keep banging your chest if it makes you feel better.

Highly doubt it. Prove that bison bouncy ball is bigger in Kvly's and NBC of nd's footprint. That's right you can't. So keep banging your chest if it makes you feel better.

Did you see the ratings the hockey game got? It was embarrassing for the NHL.

Haven't seen the ratings. Please enlighten us how bad they supposedly were.

The ratings were just "terrible."

"The overnight for the game, in which the hometown Blackhawks handily defeated the Penguins, 5-1, was up 91% compared to last year’s NHL regular-season average on NBC (1.1) and up 31% vs. NBC’s afternoon NHL Stadium Series game on January 26 between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils (1.6; 1:30-4:30 p.m. ET)."

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/03/02/nhl-stadium-series-between-penguins-blackhawks-scores-best-overnight-rating-ever-on-nbc-for-non-winter-classic-regular-season-game/

.8. 2.33 million across the entire country.

I'm no ratings guru, but for 1 of 80 regular season games, that's a lot of viewers. And that's in the us only. You know the ratings in Canada were off the charts.

How about the ratings of that joke of a show kvly put out there Saturday night?

I'm no ratings guru, but for 1 of 80 regular season games, that's a lot of viewers. And that's in the us only. You know the ratings in Canada were off the charts.

How about the ratings of that joke of a show kvly put out there Saturday night?

Ratings in Canada? What the heck? I'm guessing it did better than the .8 hockey pulled in.

The ratings were just "terrible."

"The overnight for the game, in which the hometown Blackhawks handily defeated the Penguins, 5-1, was up 91% compared to last year’s NHL regular-season average on NBC (1.1) and up 31% vs. NBC’s afternoon NHL Stadium Series game on January 26 between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils (1.6; 1:30-4:30 p.m. ET)."

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/03/02/nhl-stadium-series-between-penguins-blackhawks-scores-best-overnight-rating-ever-on-nbc-for-non-winter-classic-regular-season-game/

How emberassing those ratings are!