SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins Baseball 2014

MafiaMan

Just a trademark early season tease from the Twins. They'll be in the basement before the end of May.

I dunno about that...the White Sox are bad too.

Jason Bartlett calls it a career. That's too bad...I was hoping he'd make the team.

I dunno about that...the White Sox are bad too.

Jason Bartlett calls it a career. That's too bad...I was hoping he'd make the team.

Bartlett must have just retired recently? I know he was on the opening day roster and had played in a game or two but then went on the DL.

Bartlett must have just retired recently? I know he was on the opening day roster and had played in a game or two but then went on the DL.

Yesterday. He was sent down to Fort Myers A team for a rehab assignment and decided to call it quits.

I've had enough of Pelfrey.... I want Deduno!

If not, bring up Meyer soon, he is starting to tear up AAA. A few more performances like he has (back to back 11K outings) and he might be the replacement

I was hoping they would bring up Meyer for the spot start in game 2 of the doubleheader today. If he keeps pitching as well as he has they can't keep him down too much longer. Correia and Pelfrey are the two that I am real sick of and think they should either trade them if they can get anything or just go ahead and release them otherwise.

I've had enough of Pelfrey.... I want Deduno!

If not, bring up Meyer soon, he is starting to tear up AAA. A few more performances like he has (back to back 11K outings) and he might be the replacement

Looks like you get your wish Pelfrey to the DL and Deduno into the rotation. Twins also called up their top SS prospect Danny Santana so I would think he would get a shot to take over that job as the Twins SS are very underwhelming. Hopefully guys like Meyer and May will be up soon enough too.

Cleveland and Kansas City hav bombed so far considering they had big expectations coming into this season...Chicago and Minnesota are mediocre at best...Detroit should have this thing wrapped up by the All-Star break.

Rotation has been improving. Hughes is getting back to form, Deduno looks to be setting into a spot, Gibson is still solid and Nolasco, despite his high ERA still, has pitched well the last 3 times out. Correia needs to step it up or he will be the next one to be replaced. By June it might be Meyer or Pino who takes his spot. Responded well from losing 3 out of 4 to Cleveland by taking 2 out of 3 from Boston and Detroit with a chance to sweep Seattle tomorrow.

Maybe they can get to my goal of 78 wins :silly:

Rotation has been improving. Hughes is getting back to form, Deduno looks to be setting into a spot, Gibson is still solid and Nolasco, despite his high ERA still, has pitched well the last 3 times out. Correia needs to step it up or he will be the next one to be replaced. By June it might be Meyer or Pino who takes his spot. Responded well from losing 3 out of 4 to Cleveland by taking 2 out of 3 from Boston and Detroit with a chance to sweep Seattle tomorrow.

Maybe they can get to my goal of 78 wins :silly:

...2nd place and 6.5 games out of 1st place. It's the middle if May! The AL Central is awful.

Maybe we could put together a SIOUXSPORTS group outing at a Twins game this. I am already set up with a sales rep in group sales. Make it an outing like Hoggsbreath.

Mafia Man what were you doing up that late at night, probably changing a diaper or feeding a baby! :)

We could put together a SIOUXSPORTS group outing at a Twins game this. I am already set up with a sales rep in group sales. Make it an outing like Hoggsbreath.

Mafia Man what were you doing up that late at night, probably changing a diaper or feeding a baby! :)

I would be up for a get together. One of these years. I think it would be fun to sit between Mafia man and North Dakota hockey for a weekend series.

Edited by Goon

Good grief, Torii Hunter hit that ball a mile!

And did I mention how much I liked the Fielder for Kinsler trade? Yea, I think I did!

http://tracking.si.com/2014/05/22/prince-fielder-seriously-considering-season-ending-surgery-rangers/

Did I mention how much I liked the Fielder for Kinsler trade? It's like deja-vu around here...it's like deja-vu around here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Twins are showing signs of a revival this season and I think it has a chance to bear real fruit in the next 2-3 seasons. But they are still a below-average club this year. Whether the ownership is willing to pay to keep these young guys once their contracts are up will determine if this franchise is a consistent contender or a consistent wanna-be.