SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins Baseball 2014

MafiaMan

Sano out for the year and Buxton banged up, not good. Nolasco, Hughes, corriera, pelfrey, Gibson for rotation. Over under 75 wins

This could be the year they get to 100 losses. Back to the mid 1990's Twins. At least a powerade is still five bucks at Target Field.....that makes it okay.

Under...this is a 70 win team at best

The 2014 Twins could very well make the 2013 Astros look like the 1927 Yankees by comparison.

If this Twins team fails to win 70 games this season, someone's head should roll. Dave Hakstol's.

Season starts Monday. Keeping Jason Bartlett only means they could be that much worse.

Me thinks that if Rosario didn't get dinged up for a PED violation, he might have gotten a crack at spring training and they wouldn't have brought Bartlett. Would rather had Hermann who was hitting near .400 this spring.

The 2014 Twins could very well make the 2013 Astros look like the 1927 Yankees by comparison.

If this Twins team fails to win 70 games this season, someone's head should roll. Dave Hakstol's.

AGREED!

This team is going to lose a ton of baseball games this year. Just win 2/3 at home. Nobody cares about you on the road.....

0-1.

You can tell how little confidence that Gardy has in Kubel when he didn't pinch hit with him at all in the later innings when the situation probably called for it.

Nolasco reminds me of Blackburn......But at least Kurt Suzuki has already tied a career high for RBI's! :p

1-2.....At least they won today....at least they won...... :lol:

The hunt for one hundred takes a day off.

70 wins and Gardy should be up for manager of the year. This squad has zero pitching. Their team ERA will be over 5.50 when it's all said and done.

Having a string of high draft picks has allowed them to draft the "power arms" they have been lacking.

Re: Sano - Unfortunately, he is having season-ending Tommy John surgery this spring.

Well, Punto does have a WS ring on his finger...

My cousin has two (giants) and a national league championship ring (Rockies)

70 wins and Gardy should be up for manager of the year. This squad has zero pitching. Their team ERA will be over 5.50 when it's all said and done.

Come on.....the official website of the Minnesota Twins says that Hughes was SOLID on the mound today!!!!!!

When Correia, or however you spell it is the team's best chance every five days, you've got issues. Perkins better not blow save opportunities, because he won't get many this year.

Ohh, don't like his managing, but congrats to Gardy on win 1,000. Remembered watching his first one against Kansas City thanks to Jacque Jones, and Buck Buchannon. Game was started by Brad Radke, and was the coming out party for JC Romero in the bullpen.

Heres hoping he'll get to 2,000 a bit quicker. I've come to terms with the fact that he'll never be fired.

Ohh, don't like his managing, but congrats to Gardy on win 1,000. Remembered watching his first one against Kansas City thanks to Jacque Jones, and Buck Buchannon. Game was started by Brad Radke, and was the coming out party for JC Romero in the bullpen.

Heres hoping he'll get to 2,000 a bit quicker. I've come to terms with the fact that he'll never be fired.

Well, if my calculations are correct, it should only take Gardy another 14-15 years to reach 2,000. I went on the high end of winning 70 games a year, so...

Well, if my calculations are correct, it should only take Gardy another 14-15 years to reach 2,000. I went on the high end of winning 70 games a year, so...

They just aren't going to very good for a few years. Maybe he'll let Paul Molitor run things after they fall 20 games back.

They just aren't going to very good for a few years. Maybe he'll let Paul Molitor run things after they fall 20 games back.

And a few more years after that and so on.

This franchise is reverting to its 1990's version: Bad, Ugly and Worse.

Once they got their stadium, the Pohlad boys decided to go back to being as cheap as possible. I imagine the St. Paul Saints and F-M Redhawks are more entertaining than the Twins right now.

Ummm....good series guys....clap.....ummm......ummm....way to pitch start.....no.....hmmmm. Way to hit the ball everyone not named Kubel....... Ummmm.......keep your chins up......its a marathon, not a sprint.

The hunt for 100 is officially back on. I'm hoping for a crowd in the 15,000 range this year. Maybe that will evoke some kind of change.

And a few more years after that and so on.

This franchise is reverting to its 1990's version: Bad, Ugly and Worse.

Once they got their stadium, the Pohlad boys decided to go back to being as cheap as possible. I imagine the St. Paul Saints and F-M Redhawks are more entertaining than the Twins right now.

The saints and redhawks can string together a few wins now and then

Ummm....good series guys....clap.....ummm......ummm....way to pitch start.....no.....hmmmm. Way to hit the ball everyone not named Kubel....... Ummmm.......keep your chins up......its a marathon, not a sprint.

The hunt for 100 is officially back on. I'm hoping for a crowd in the 15,000 range this year. Maybe that will evoke some kind of change.

Was there even 10,000 there yesterday? First and Third baselines were empty.