SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but does anybody know whether Johannesson's (sp?) dad is from Edinburg? There was a guy with the same name who was a high school basketball teammate of Scott Guldseth. Just curious.

You are correct; I can confirm.

From SFI Twitter:

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball 14m

It appears the #UND football staff is dipping back into the Denver metro area for recruiting. Been out there the past week.

Is Denver a recruiting area for UND football? Or is Bubba trying something new?

How would he compare to Gaarder going into his senior year? He's been a pleasant surprise as a lowly walk on.

Gaarder had played at a higher level of competition going into his senior year and definitely looked to have some potential while watching him at Edina. Gaarder also played 2 years of junior hockey after high school which is something Johannesson probably wouldn't be able to do that would help him develop more.

Gaarder had played at a higher level of competition going into his senior year and definitely looked to have some potential while watching him at Edina. Gaarder also played 2 years of junior hockey after high school which is something Johannesson probably wouldn't be able to do that would help him develop more.

I'm quite positive Johannesson will be playing college football. He's good at the North Dakota high school hockey level, but not college hockey good. I'd imagine he goes the football route.

I'm quite positive Johannesson will be playing college football. He's good at the North Dakota high school hockey level, but not college hockey good. I'd imagine he goes the football route.

He is the type of player that would need a couple years of juniors like LaDue. LaDue wasn't UND caliber until 2 years after high school.

In a new email Bubba stated that he and his staff have already visited with every head coach in the state as well as a "very high percentage" of head coaches in MN and WI. Good stuff.

Improvement happening in front of our eyes. No reason UND -- once established -- shouldn't be a perennial top 25 FCS program, especially with the facilities. Gotta love the passion of Bubba and his staff, along with the indoor practice facility soon coming online.

Wiki has been updated. I am going ot start listing sources of offers (and commitments). Hambone - Rogers' offer is in Rivals. Where did you learn of the Hill offer - Edgy?

Does anyone remember the source of the offer to Brooks (Fargo South)?

Wiki has been updated. I am going ot start listing sources of offers (and commitments). Hambone - Rogers' offer is in Rivals. Where did you learn of the Hill offer - Edgy?

Does anyone remember the source of the offer to Brooks (Fargo South)?

Hill was from Edgy, as was Rogers initially. Brooks was kind of a third person thing - I actually got the info from John Neis (Bisonation) who I believe got confirmation from either Brooks himself or his coach.