SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Trent Pink, QB from Elk River, MN was at Saturday's practice. Not sure if you were referring to him, as who you saw at the Ralph? It looks like he was at SU the day before based on his twitter.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1930045/trent-pink

That was the guy there also.

2016 could be a big  year for linemen in ND. I think the following guys are all on the D1 radar. Wyoming is even taking a look at a few of them I think. A lot of talent in the smaller towns. Hopefully some end up at UND and we get another Barton, Cieslak, or Grady. I have know doubt Bubba will find the talent in ND.

Quinn Alo and Tyson Lytle are two big linemen that have already been mentioned but here are some more.

Karson Schoening - 6'5 280 - Rolla 

Jay Gunville - 6'3 250 - De Lacs Burlington

Brayden Thomas - 6'3 220 - maybe an olb at UND (reminds me of Stanley Jones from Bismarck now playing DE at NDSU)

Zack Kubas - 6'5 - 260 - Dickinson Trinity

Cordell Volson - 6'7 - 250 - Drake Anamoose - Bro plays at NDSU

Michael Kelly - 6'4 280 - Oakes - Big time HS wrestler and a big time FB talent as well

Dustin Weeks - 6'9 250 - Glenburn - Moves really well for his height and at 6'9 he has a ton of room to grow into that frame after a few years with S&C.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of those names on UND or NDSUs signing day classes next year. UND could really add some North Dakota beef this year. Go get em Bubba

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know Muss got crap for over-offering in the spring time but SDSU is putting him to shame.  They must have 50+ offers out there right now.   Our new staff seems to be doing it the exact opposite.  They only have a handful of real offers out to 2016 prospects.  

With a newer coaching staff, and taking a nice step in the right direction last season, this upcoming season seem critical in recruiting. If we can take that next step, we might get a big boost in getting some of those guys who would otherwise be on the fence. Might be able to win a few more of those regional recruiting battles. Can't wait for the season to start.

He's also been offered by NDSU, and others are lurking. Good kid from a winning program - would look good on the Alerus turf.

I think Mike Duginski and Matt Bye have both been mentioned already, but the Moorhead Spuds have a bunch of kids getting pretty good recruiting attention this year. With the signing of Lawrence last year and having some good connections to Moorhead on our staff my guess is UND is on most of these kids.

Moorhead FB Recruits (2016)

Matt Bye QB

Mike Duginski - RB, DB

Devante Delbrune - DB

Malique Delbrune - DB

Nate Stitch - LB

A lot of prospects have been offered lately. It's a part of the staff's plan to get these kids to the summer camps. The camps are very crucial to recruiting, as the staff gets to see the kids go through drills in person.

2016 has the potential to be a special class, and Bubba just keeps compiling what appear to be top BSC classes.

Continual improvement is likely, so expect 2015 season to be a winning campaign.