SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Bison fans are awfully good at fabricating FBS rules. Where does it say that the SEC, Big Ten, and Pac 12 approved FBS status for Appalachian St and Ga Southern? The playoff system will set aside money for the G5. The P5 doesn't care what the G5 consists of, and would actually prefer more schools because then game guarantees go down.

The Big Sky is more capable than most of the Sun Belt. Look at La-Monroe or Ga Southern. Jacksonville St, Sam Houston, and E Kentucky want FBS, and your saying the Big Sky can't!

If UND is joining the Sunbelt by themselves, it would likely not get the attention of the P5. But if the entire Big Sky is moving to FBS, that will be reviewed by the P5, you can rest assured.

What does any of this have to do with NDSU? Absolutely nothing. It has to do with an entire conference joining FBS football, which goes against the rules in place for FBS membership.

im sure if you asked someone at espn if they had to air portland state versus sacramento state live from jeld win field instead of utah state versus nevada or la-monroe versus arkansas state they would rather go with psu versus sac state... IF psu and sac state were FBS

An advantage of the Big Sky is that it could have a double-header football night with three time zones, or it could augment the MAC or Sun Belt 7pm ET with a 10 ET/7PT broadcast.

If UND is joining the Sunbelt by themselves, it would likely not get the attention of the P5. But if the entire Big Sky is moving to FBS, that will be reviewed by the P5, you can rest assured.

What does any of this have to do with NDSU? Absolutely nothing. It has to do with an entire conference joining FBS football, which goes against the rules in place for FBS membership.

The Lakes faction at NDSU wants to go FBS. If UND / Big Sky with the Sun Belt even attempted it, there would be an outcry among bison fans like you have never heard. They would be all over the FCS boards and realignment boards and the SBoHE at trying to stop an FBS move by Big Sky schools, because they would be possessed by jealousy (only rivaled by their braggard ways and insecurity.) For that reason, I'm not sharing any FOIC information on this board. Bison fans are convinced I'm delusional, and that's ok, because my track record speaks for itself. If Bison fans just can't understand how UND could finance FCS, they won't fathom UND at FBS until it is too late to do anything about it.

The Lakes faction at NDSU wants to go FBS. If UND / Big Sky with the Sun Belt even attempted it, there would be an outcry among bison fans like you have never heard. They would be all over the FCS boards and realignment boards and the SBoHE at trying to stop an FBS move by Big Sky schools, because they would be possessed by jealousy (only rivaled by their braggard ways and insecurity.) For that reason, I'm not sharing any FOIC information on this board. Bison fans are convinced I'm delusional, and that's ok, because my track record speaks for itself. If Bison fans just can't understand how UND could finance FCS, they won't fathom UND at FBS until it is too late to do anything about it.

Or maybe Minot State will beat UND to the punch . . . just as likely. If you can't compete at your current level, go FBS. That makes lots of sense.

Und would be wise to start by culling a few sports down to the minimum, so they could afford to pay coaches the going wage. Then maybe a move to FBS football wouldn't be so far fetched. If UND does go FBS, it won't be at 85 scholarships under the current circumstance, it will be after a split, and it won't be today's FBS. So I don't know why you even refer to all this talk as going FBS, it won't be FBS if UND ever moves up.

I thought you weren't sharing because Idaho told you not to? now you're not sharing because you don't want Bison fans to know. which one is it?

I thought you weren't sharing because Idaho told you not to? now you're not sharing because you don't want Bison fans to know. which one is it?

I was wondering the same thing.... Also.... How could Idaho stop youFrom sharing? Public information and all...

Star2Volley seems to be changing his tune

In a FOIC request, some states require a statement in the request that the information may be publicly disseminated through the press or internet. I didn't do that in the emails.

Bison fans are winning the 6th fan vote by the NCAA because they spend so much time casting thousands of meaningless votes. Imagine if they believed this was really an issue: they would try to stop it either through NCAA channels or spring the legislature / SBoHE in action by bombarding the Bison caucus. Its best that its kept stealth for as long as possible.

In a FOIC request, some states require a statement in the request that the information may be publicly disseminated through the press or internet. I didn't do that in the emails.

Bison fans are winning the 6th fan vote by the NCAA because they spend so much time casting thousands of meaningless votes. Imagine if they believed this was really an issue: they would try to stop it either through NCAA channels or spring the legislature / SBoHE in action by bombarding the Bison caucus. Its best that its kept stealth for as long as possible.

Is $100,000 in scholarship funding really meaningless? or are you just down playing it because UND isn't contending for that money?

What does UND offer to an FBS conference that would make the school worth adding?

NOt to bring up Bison fans on this site (which I hate to do) but isn't their midset on this issue a little ironic? Now I will go on record saying that UND going FBS is a long shot. But isn't it funny how they ripped on RT, and UND fans that siad moving up to D1 for all sports was a mistake. And now that the conversation is started about football oving up, they are doing the same thing?!! Just seems kind of funny! :)

All I could find on Idaho law is that you can use anything found in an open records request With exception to creating mailing our phone lists.... So... Unless you can give us a reason to think otherwise... Ill continue to think you are lying.

• Upvote 2

Is $100,000 in scholarship funding really meaningless? or are you just down playing it because UND isn't contending for that money?

What does UND offer to an FBS conference that would make the school worth adding?

What did Georgia St, Texas St, Texas-SA offer to an FBS conference, I guess winning NC didn't matter to the FBS conference they were "invited" to.

Except no one cares about GSU in Atlanta when Georgia Tech is the big boy of the city. How much media coverage is GSU really going to get?

It's about getting in a market. The conference didn't have a presence in Atlanta before.... Now they do. Comparing UND or NDSU to GSU might not exactly be valid. No TV market value here to speak of.... and we are not exactly in a football recruiting hot bed. I imagine that helped their case to go FBS.

It's about getting in a market. The conference didn't have a presence in Atlanta before.... Now they do. Comparing UND or NDSU to GSU might not exactly be valid. No TV market value here to speak of.... and we are not exactly in a football recruiting hot bed. I imagine that helped their case to go FBS.

I think pigs are flying because I actually agree with you. If success got you into FBS then GA State would not be there. In their case they are not the big boy in Atlanta but it is about media market potential that they offer. UND and NDSU simply cannot offer this.

IMHO the chance of the Big Sky moving up in the current alignment is slime to none. If a split with the Big 5 happens then all bets are off.

How big a market is Moscow, ID, Laramie, WY, Manhatten, KS. If the FBS is about markets most of the MAC wouldn't be there nor would some of the lower FBS teams.

Those schools went FBS a long...long....long time ago. It is a different world now.

SB:

Troy-2001 part of Montgomery media market...ranked 118 http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets-100 (Fargo is ranked 120)

I didn't know 2001 was soooo long ago.

Markets don't matter, if a conference wants you they will invite you. Kinda like the Big Sky right Bison fans?

SB:

Troy-2001 part of Montgomery media market...ranked 118 http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets-100 (Fargo is ranked 120)

I didn't know 2001 was soooo long ago.

Markets don't matter, if a conference wants you they will invite you. Kinda like the Big Sky right Bison fans?

Troy... Alabama. Football hot bed. 30000 students. Big school. Next. Markets are huge. Bigger than anything else... Why else is Charlotte in the CUSA. Use your head _arell

Troy... Alabama. Football hot bed. 30000 students. Big school. Next. Markets are huge. Bigger than anything else... Why else is Charlotte in the CUSA. Use your head _arell

So Troy is only FBS because of their students, as their market isn't big. Troy's population is 18,033....Charlotte is 775,202....use your head _ohnboy. If a conference wants you they will invite you. BSC didn't want NDSU and didn't invite them, the MVC didn't want NDSU and didn't invite them.

it is somewhat about markets...but you guys are underestimating ACADEMICS...the reason UND (and Idaho) got into the Big Sky instead of the NDAC...

markets help but there is a reason why the Big 10 only takes AAU schools when they expand because they can band together for research money from congress which is why north carolina and or kansas and georgia tech will jump in a second when their Big 10 invites comes in then next year or two..

UND has a huge upside coming in next few years with our new Medical School, renovated Law School, maybe a new/reno business school and not to mention the unlimited growth in UAV and natural gas/oil exploration for the engineering school that would make us a little desirable compared to some schools/states are struggling to maintain...

not to mention the IPF, the ralph, the betty....

• Upvote 2