SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey Tournament

darell1976

Tournament time, the EDC tournament is this weekend with state next weekend.

http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/

West Region

Friday, February 14th [semi-Finals] Minot, ND All Seasons Arena

1=#8-Hazen/Beulah vs #5-Jamesotwn=5

3=#7-Mandan vs #6-Dickinson=2

5:00 pm #1-Bismarck High vs #4-Bottineau/Rugby

7:30 pm #2-Minot High vs #3-Bismarck Century

Saturday, February 15th [Finals] Minot, ND All Seasons Arena

11:00 am #7-Mandan vs Loser 5:00 pm [state Qualification]

1:30 pm #5-Jamestown vs Loser 7:30 pm [state Qualification]

4:00 pm Winner 5:00 pm vs Winner 7:30 pm [Region Championship]

East Region

Friday, February 14th: [semi-Finals] Grand Forks, ND Purpur Arena

2=#8-Devils Lake vs #4-Fargo South/Shanley=8

GM6 30 Min After #2-Fargo Davies vs #6-Fargo North

GM7 6:00 pm #1-G.F. Central vs #5-G.F. Red River

GM8 30 Min After #7-West Fargo vs #3-Grafton/Park River

Saturday, February 15th: [Finals] Grand Forks, ND Purpur Arena

12:00 pm Winner Game #6 vs Loser Game #7 [state Qualification]

2:30 pm #4-Fargo South/Shanley vs Loser Game #8 [state Qualification]

5:00 pm Winner Game #7 vs Winner Game #8 [Championship]

Go Grand Forks Central!!!

• Upvote 1

I was at the RR vs. South play-in game on Tuesday night at Scheels. It was nip and tuck until RR capitalized on a shorty and from there they showed some dominance.

It will be interesting now that it is likely going to be South-West Fargo for a chance to go to state, conversly Davies vs. Red River with the same at stake.

GM1 12:00 pm #1W-Bismarck High vs #4E-Fargo South/Shanley

GM2 30 Min After #2E-West Fargo vs #3W-Bismarck Century

GM3 6:00 pm #1E-G.F. Central vs #4W-Mandan

GM4 30 Min After #2W-Minot vs #3E-G.F. Red River

Attendance will be down without Grafton. Mandan made it as a number 7 from the West, largely because Bottineau-Rugby doesn't have enough depth for a three day tournament.

Attendance will be down without Grafton. Mandan made it as a number 7 from the West, largely because Bottineau-Rugby doesn't have enough depth for a three day tournament.

I was hoping Bottineau would find a way in. They kind of had some unique scheduling, with three games the week before Thursday-Saturday, then three more with the west region tournament. So six games in 10 days. I'm guessing Aide will be the senior athlete of the year. I read somewhere that he is the state's all time leading scorer. But don't quote me on that.

I like the Demons and Patriots to meet in one semi and Central and Red River in the other. I think the Demons beat Century by a goal 4-3 and Central takes out Red River 5-2. I like the Demons to exorcise the Ghost of Tom Philion and win the state title over Central 3-2 in overtime.

I like the Demons and Patriots to meet in one semi and Central and Red River in the other. I think the Demons beat Century by a goal 4-3 and Central takes out Red River 5-2. I like the Demons to exorcise the Ghost of Tom Philion and win the state title over Central 3-2 in overtime.

Go Demons go!

When is Dickinson ever going to make the tournament?

Dickinson made the tournament my junior year of high school. We actually beat them in the region championship game in OT. They had two foreign exchange students from like Finland that were pretty good that helped them get there.

My high school, Minot, has not advanced past the quarterfinal round since they won the tournament with the aforementioned Tom Phillion tying the state tournament record for points in a tournament. (15 I think) Of course they draw Red River this year....but you never know.

I think like 2000......crazy to think I was in high school that long ago....scary. I say that as my two year old is waking up from his nap.....makes sense.

I don't keep up much these days on sports in that neck of the woods...The Dickinson Press loves its bouncey-ball...hockey not-so-much.

Hazen-Beulah had a really good goalie around that time. I don't remember Dickinson being that great.

Please forgive my probable fact inaccuracies, but I think they made the state tournament entering the west region tournament as the #7 seed. That was also the first year that Mandan made the state tournament (I think). Mandan got to play Red River, and Dickinson played like Fargo South. And they both just got hammered.

I think Speidel is the name of the Hazen goaltender. Believe he played for the Bismarck Bobcats after high school.

Dickinson made the tournament my junior year of high school. We actually beat them in the region championship game in OT. They had two foreign exchange students from like Finland that were pretty good that helped them get there.

My high school, Minot, has not advanced past the quarterfinal round since they won the tournament with the aforementioned Tom Phillion tying the state tournament record for points in a tournament. (15 I think) Of course they draw Red River this year....but you never know.

If Minot plays the way they did against Century last Friday they will beat Red River. They were flawless and that first line with Flom and Fuchs were clicking on all cylinders. They ran out of juice satruday against Bismarck and it showed. Bismarck really has a chance to bring the title west. Skilled and physical.
  • Upvote 1

If Minot plays the way they did against Century last Friday they will beat Red River. They were flawless and that first line with Flom and Fuchs were clicking on all cylinders. They ran out of juice satruday against Bismarck and it showed. Bismarck really has a chance to bring the title west. Skilled and physical.

Seems like the first time in quite a while that the tournament is wide open. Weird that Grafton isn't at the tournament. Just kind of always expect Red River and Grafton to be there. Good to see Central back at the tournament. Being a western alum I hope west teams find ways to win against the east teams, but I always got along with Central guys, so I'm glad they're back at the tournament too.