SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

A brief update on our recruits:

Josie Buckley, 6'1", F, Rice Lake, WI. Team is 5-4 with Buckley averaging about 11 pts. She has a 3.97 GPA.

Bailey Strand, 5'10", G, Fergus Falls. Team is 9-0, No.1 in AAA poll. Strand averaging 17 on a team with a lot of talent.

Grace Sawatzke, 5'8", PG, Monticello, MN Team is 10-3 with Sawatzke averaging about 16.5. Monticello's all-time leading scorer as of mid-season last year. Closing in on 2,000 career points.

Jordan Meyer, 6'2", F/C, Anoka Team is 7-4 with Meyer averaging 3.5 pts and 6 rebounds. I would guess that Meyer is walking on - must have some good upside potential.

• 2 months later...

Bailey had 33 points last night leading Fergus Falls (29-1) past Albany by 27 points and make it to the MN 3A State tourney. Should be a very nice addition to the UND ladies next year.

Agreed. She should step right into the rotation next year. Hopefully the expected return of Lauck and the addition of Strand will somewhat offset the lost scoring of Buck.

• 1 month later...

The Yaggie girl from Thief River Falls signed with NDSU today. Was UND interested in her?

I'm sure she's a nice player, but with Szabla having three more years, Dyer and Knox each having two more years and Strand and Sawatzke already having signed last fall, I don't think UND was in the market for another guard.

• 1 month later...

• UND 92,96 Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm not sure whether this was previously posted or not, but another UND recruit, Josie Buckley, suffered a scary injury this season: http://www.leadertel...1a4bcf887a.html

I know the article indicates that she still plans to play college basketball, but considering the severity and nature of the injury, I have to think her status may be in question.

I see that Buckley is participating in track this spring. I hope this means she is making a full recovery!