SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU (5-6, 2-0) @ UND (4-8, 1-1) 1/9

SWSiouxMN

After a less than impressive win against SUU, UND moves on to the middle game of their 3 game homestand against Idaho State. This isn't the same Bengal team from last year, these Bengals have a little bit more a pop offensively. Coach Evens has done a nice job in getting players to fit his system. Idaho State played very well on their home court in getting 2 home wins against PSU and EWU. They are lead by a 3 guard combo of Hansen, Sanchez, and Hatchett, who average 16.5, 16.2, and 14.5 points respectively. Hansen and Sanchez is the big 3 point threats for ISU and they are not afraid to launch at any time, especially in transition. Hachett is more of the drive and attack guard who can get to the line at will.

ISU is not very tall or lengthy, so they will run zone against us (they ran a lot of zone against EWU). I think Jaron Nash needs to be a intregal part of the offense because I don't think ISU has any horses to stop him. We need to aggressively attack the zone and take advantage of the mismatches. We need to play well on the defensive end and to get back on transition D to come away with the W.

Other Big Sky Games for 1/9 :

Weber (2-0) @ UNC (2-0)

Montana (1-1) @ EWU (0-2)

Montana State (2-0) @ PSU (0-2)

Sac State (0-2) @ NAU (1-1)

Off: SUU

My predictions:

UND will win 74-70

Webb: 7pts 4 assist

Anderson: best performance of the year with 20pts.

Huff: solid all around with 21 pts 7 rbs 3 steals.

Nash: 8 points 6 rbs 2 blocks

Calcaterra: 6 pts 5 rbs

Stefan: best shooting performance of his career 3 deep balls

Shuler: Shuler with a great contribution with 12 points

Hooker: will get limited minutes with 4 pts.

I like everyone's picks, I'll go UND 81-69.

I just have a gut feeling that this could be the game where they finally start getting their act together and they start playing like the favored team that they are. I have 2 bold predicitons tonight.

1) Troy Huff has his best all around game of the season (20 points, 8 boards, 4 steals, 4 assists, 2 blocks)

2) UND defense will show actual improvement

Other games

Weber pulls a big road win over UNC, early battle for conference supremacy (76-71)

Montana State keeps up the hot start over a depleted PSU, who lost their best player for the year (71-62)

NAU holds serve at home over Sac State, Jacobson has a big game once again (77-69)

I'm picking EWU in a upset over Montana at home and looking at Jois to have a big time game against a suspect Montana interior. (81-77)

• Upvote 1