SiouxSports.com Forum

US vs Canada - Women's Hockey

BobIwabuchiFan

On 3/29/2017 at 10:33 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

The fans are being impatient. Hakstol doesn't have enough talent to win at a high level. That is something management needs to work on.

Actually philly has a ton of talent.  Tons more in the pipeline too.  He should get next year....but nothing more than that unless they start turning the page.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Actually philly has a ton of talent.  Tons more in the pipeline too.  He should get next year....but nothing more than that unless they start turning the page.

I am not impressed with their goaltending. I also heard that they were saddled with bad contracts when Hakstol got there and couldn't improve the team as much as they would have liked. I have watched them play this year and they are not even close to being serious playoff contenders yet.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not impressed with their goaltending. I also heard that they were saddled with bad contracts when Hakstol got there and couldn't improve the team as much as they would have liked. I have watched them play this year and they are not even close to being serious playoff contenders yet.

Blame that Pronger contract for the Flyers not being able to get better players.

• Upvote 1

My little boy is loving watching any international hockey- he thinks its awesome- and I dont disagree.  Its fun hockey played at a high level.  For boys and girls (that typically play together through Squirt) this is exactly how to play.  Body contact, but no checking, move the puck...I've been coaching Mite, and didn't play organized after high school- intramural doesn't count, but these women are good players!!!  I am engaged in this tourney- if you're mocking, just watch a period.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well they have talent, most of it is pretty young but they also have vorecek, giroux, schenn, simmonds, ghost, etc.  For whatever reason that can't put it all together.  You're right in that they do have some bad contracts, but they definitely underachieved this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

My little boy is loving watching any international hockey- he thinks its awesome- and I dont disagree.  Its fun hockey played at a high level.  For boys and girls (that typically play together through Squirt) this is exactly how to play.  Body contact, but no checking, move the puck...I've been coaching Mite, and didn't play organized after high school- intramural doesn't count, but these women are good players!!!  I am engaged in this tourney- if you're mocking, just watch a period.

Hold on , law and order is almost over. :)

• Upvote 2

I wish all the sarcastic, condescending, negative about women's hockey people would just let us have one thread where we can still discuss the sport (because it does still exist) without them. You guys are ruining this message board for me. Go be jerks elsewhere!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

I wish all the sarcastic, condescending, negative about women's hockey people would just let us have one thread where we can still discuss the sport (because it does still exist) without them. You guys are ruining this message board for me. Go be jerks elsewhere!

Amen.

I don't agree with the Lamoreaux twins with regard to cutting WH, but I also am not going to get vindictive about it like so many other people on this forum. Olympic and IIHF women's hockey tournaments have been discussed on this forum for years. Now, all of a sudden, some people think it isn't worth talking about anymore. I for one will continue supporting Team USA in all sports and at all levels. The bitter, cranky malcontents can do what they want.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Amen.

I don't agree with the Lamoreaux twins with regard to cutting WH, but I also am not going to get vindictive about it like so many other people on this forum. Olympic and IIHF women's hockey tournaments have been discussed on this forum for years. Now, all of a sudden, some people think it isn't worth talking about anymore. I for one will continue supporting Team USA in all sports and at all levels. The bitter, cranky malcontents can do what they want.

Appreciate the talk, Dad. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's one way to look at it.  

However, do you ever hear people bitching about any other Women's programs at UND?

But this thread is about the World Championships...the program's demise is another thread.  Related, but separate topics.