SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

I'm going to say there is no way we'll know on Tuesday. I am guessing three finalists are named on Wednesday, with the new coach introduced Friday morning, in time for an appearance at Sioux Boosters that afternoon.

No chance at all that we know on Tuesday. The applications are being taken until 5 and that wouldn't allow time to go through the University process. It's possible that we could know by Friday, but it may not happen until some time the following week. It will probably depend on how many quality applicants they get and if any of them are involved with teams that are still playing (might have trouble arranging interviews before the end of the week). My guess is the 17th or 18th.

Just saw that on twitter. If true, that would be a shock. I figured it would take a Big 12 or Big 10 job to get him out of Fargo.

Agreed. Seems like everyone thought that it would take a job at a BCS power school for him to leave NDSU. Timing seems absolutely horrible as they gear up for a run at the 3-peat. However, perhaps it will be a rallying point as their outstanding SR class and head coach wind down their NDSU careers.

Agreed. Seems like everyone thought that it would take a job at a BCS power school for him to leave NDSU. Timing seems absolutely horrible as they gear up for a run at the 3-peat. However, perhaps it will be a rallying point as their outstanding SR class and head coach wind down their NDSU careers.

I suppose it makes perfect sense for him to leave now given the fact that this senior class is going to be impossible to replace. If not now, it may never happen. I just figured it would be for a place like Kansas St.

Faison better have his crap together is all I can say. Going to have to do some fast talking if this is indeed true regarding Bohl. Undoubtedly will be competition for candidates.

Starting to see bizarro posts on Twitter, including this one:

Marcus Williams #⃣1⃣ (@TheRealMarcWill)

12/7/13, 8:41 PM

Tell me this isn't true

I would be shocked if NDSU doesn't promote from within. Hopefully that works out as well for them as it did for us.

That may be the silver lining for NDSU if there is one in losing a great football coach like Bohl. If he had went to Minnesota or Nebraska or other big name school in the Midwest, Kliemann would have probably went with him.....Wyoming might not be as desirable for him vs. being head coach at NDSU.

Faison better have his crap together is all I can say. Going to have to do some fast talking if this is indeed true regarding Bohl. Undoubtedly will be competition for candidates.

Starting to see bizarro posts on Twitter, including this one:

Why would their be competition for candidates? NDSU is going to have to promote from within, especially if they advance to the championship game again. What will be interesting to see is if Bohl cherry picks the staff on his way out of Fargo. Could create quite a big distraction for the team. I'm not a NDSU fan obviously but it's too bad that the players on these teams get put in the middle of these situations.

http://mweb.cbssport...-new-head-coach

Money talks.

Like I said earlier, it's very possible both UND and NDSU would have new coaches in 2014. That now will be the case.

The turning of the tides begins now. Pflugrad to UND still? maybe?

Well, I hope all that money keeps Bohl warm because he'll be freezing his butt off AND losing at a pace he is not used to. Wyoming chews up and spits out coaches. I honestly wouldn't have taken that job, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

That is shocking. Seriously, Wyoming?

Laramie, Fargo... Laramie, Fargo... If you're not from ND, not much debate there. Back when I worked in Wyoming in the mid 90's, football at Wyoming was like a scaled down version of Nebraska. I want to say Joe Tiller was the coach then, but not bothering to look it up. Similar to NE, everything shut down during football Saturdays. I can see making that move, especially if he has an agent that is gauging the realistic possibility of moving to a Big XII job and it doesn't look like it's there.

Considering what Bohl has built and accomplished in Fargo, this seems like a lateral move at best. Perhaps he feels he has a better shot at landing BCS job if he spends some time at an FBS school? I'm sure he receiving a hefty pay increase, but seriously, Wyoming?

Considering what Bohl has built and accomplished in Fargo, this seems like a lateral move at best. Perhaps he feels he has a better shot at landing BCS job if he spends some time at an FBS school? I'm sure he receiving a hefty pay increase, but seriously, Wyoming?

18 returning starters. If he can fix that defense, the offense can light it up. He could do well in the MWC for a year, maybe two, before Bo gets the axe.

Why would their be competition for candidates? NDSU is going to have to promote from within, especially if they advance to the championship game again. What will be interesting to see is if Bohl cherry picks the staff on his way out of Fargo. Could create quite a big distraction for the team. I'm not a NDSU fan obviously but it's too bad that the players on these teams get put in the middle of these situations.

Would think they name an interim from within to finish the year, as a coaching search during the playoff run would be next to impossible. I just think the candidate pool would be very similar at each school.