SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

HUGE!!!! coverup on this one. I'm shocked UND didn't issue a press release immediately!!!!!!!!! :silly:

Rarely, is a DUI conveyed to the media. It is usually the local media doing a public records search and then asking about it.

Door swings both ways. People bitched about a supposed cover up about Dorn and that was just inappropriate comments. Why should NDSU have notified the media when that was handled internally as well? Twist it any way you want because I know you will. But the point is you shouldnt be tossing anymore rocks.

• Upvote 1

Word on the street is Emily Asche and Namoi Dahl are reportedly the two players who left.

Hardee's file didn't show up on the public records search because it never left municipal court. Also, his first name is William and that wasn't common knowledge I guess.

why is it that fargo media persons and random ss.com people break more news than the herald? ???

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't see the forum publishing any original stories about this. The Herald can hardly run a police report that says a "players dad says a player says the coach seemed drunk."

Where did you first learn about the hit and run, the dui, the resignation and the driver's license issue? It was the Herald.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't see the forum publishing any original stories about this. The Herald can hardly run a police report that says a "players dad says a player says the coach seemed drunk."

Where did you first learn about the hit and run, the dui, the resignation and the driver's license issue? It was the Herald.

mcfeely and kfgo published the first list of the football hc applicants and someone on here found the online police report from psu....found those on here first not the herald.

mcfeely and kfgo published the first list of the football hc applicants and someone on here found the online police report from psu....found those on here first not the herald.

Ok, so McFeeley published a list the day before the Herald. What a scoop. Everyone will forever remember McFeeley publishing the list of applicants who have no chance at the job.

Reporting based on initial police reports is like listening to the scanner and reporting that. Very little of it is confirmed facts. If the Herald runs that he was possibly intoxicated they open themselves up for a lawsuit if it was proven he wasn't.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so McFeeley published a list the day before the Herald. What a scoop. Everyone will forever remember McFeeley publishing the list of applicants who have no chance at the job.

Reporting based on initial police reports is like listening to the scanner and reporting that. Very little of it is confirmed facts. If the Herald runs that he was possibly intoxicated they open themselves up for a lawsuit if it was proven he wasn't.

the herald only "reported" the list by copy and pasting the list/link the next day to save face...if it aint und hockey at the herald it aint a sport....

the herald only "reported" the list by copy and pasting the list/link the next day to save face...if it aint und hockey at the herald it aint a sport....

Once again, just to give you an opportunity to solidify your already extremely factual opinion... where did you read 95% of the Hardee information?

• Upvote 1

I could be wrong put I don't think the anyone would win a lawsuit against the herald for publishing what's In a Police Report.

• Upvote 1

I could be wrong put I don't think the anyone would win a lawsuit against the herald for publishing what's In a Police Report.

The mistake is in thinking the crime blotter is a police report. It's generally a one paragraph summary of what is believed to have happened but is EXTREMELY susceptible to mistakes. Any reporter who publishes a story with info from the blotter without talking to an actual officer is opening themselves up to a lawsuit. And I know the Herald spoke with a member of the PSU police department and their answer was significantly more official, and legally airtight, compared to a blotter.

• Upvote 1

Weird how the Herald list had more names on it than McFeely's if it was a cut and paste job.

The Herald did have a list before McFeely's came out as they hadn't seen Marshall's name yet. I guess they were waiting until the end of the week to put out a list of candidates that likely won't have a chance at the job.

• Upvote 1

Once again, just to give you an opportunity to solidify your already extremely factual opinion... where did you read 95% of the Hardee information?

to answer your question...siouxsports.com because people are posting 24/7 and don't have to report to an editor before posting...honestly don't check the herald on paper on online that much..except for schlossman and his blog which is what miller and nelson and such need to do...pick a sport(s) and dominate it like brad does.

Twitter

UND put out a press release about it.

University of North Dakota Director of Athletics Brian Faison announced today he has accepted the resignation of head volleyball coach Ashley Hardee, effective immediately.

“I would like to extend a sincere apology to the program, the University and the community for a serious lapse in judgment,” said Hardee. “I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work at the University of North Dakota, and I thank the entire community for its tremendous support over the past five years.”

Faison said that a national search for a replacement will begin immediately.

Yup, that looks like about 95% of the information. :silly:

to answer your question...siouxsports.com because people are posting 24/7 and don't have to report to an editor before posting...honestly don't check the herald on paper on online that much..except for schlossman and his blog which is what miller and nelson and such need to do...pick a sport(s) and dominate it like brad does.

I agree SS.com is great information sharing place, especially on this story but the first post is a tweet from the Herald. There is a reason links to herald articles are continuously posted in this thread... that's where the best reporting is being done.

There are 7 links in this thread. 5 to Herald articles, one to a nice calendar and one to the PSU Blotter.

Yup, that looks like about 95% of the information. :silly:

The initial hey I got a story to tell was because UND was about to put out a press release stating they have placed Hardee on leave.

It's not like the Herald had to do much. And after that yes I would expect the only newspaper in the town to continue to look into a big evolving story.

The initial hey I got a story to tell was because UND was about to put out a press release stating they have placed Hardee on leave.

It's not like the Herald had to do much. And after that yes I would expect the only newspaper in the town to continue to look into a big evolving story.

So the Herald reported Hardee was put on leave and then just let the rest of the story fall in their lap? No calls to Hardee, players,player's coaches (who gave an interview), the PSU police, Brian Faison? No work to do here!

All we needed was a UND press release and a PSU blotter and we would have the same info we have now, right?

I don't mean to get snippy, I just know how much work a story like this takes to cover. It's not easy and the herald did a lot of work to get the facts, make sure they were facts and consistently update a complicated story.

• Upvote 1

So the Herald reported Hardee was put on leave and then just let the rest of the story fall in their lap? No calls to Hardee, players,player's coaches (who gave an interview), the PSU police, Brian Faison? No work to do here!

All we needed was a UND press release and a PSU blotter and we would have the same info we have now, right?

I don't mean to get snippy, I just know how much a story like this takes to cover. It's not easy and the herald did a lot of work to get the facts, make sure they were facts and consistently update a complicated story.

I'm sure after the initial press release if the herald didn't do the story the Forum would have.

I'm sure after the initial press release if the herald didn't do the story the Forum would have.

I'm sure Ellen Kreiger's dad and Brian Faison would have been just as open and honest with a newspaper that only covers UND volleyball when they play NDSU.

It's quite the moving target that people want the Herald to do more investigative-type reporting into the UND athletic dept but when they do they still get criticized because someone posts an unofficial police blotter that the Herald already knew about but couldn't use as a news source.