SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks to Muss and the other coaches

UND Fan

Concur that the writing was on the wall and what was done needed to be but I would like to thank Chris for his contributions. He joined the football program in 1999 and helped lead it to its only national championship. He took over as head coach when it wasn't a very appealing position with transition, nickname issues and not having a conference. In the end, the on the field results were not where they need to be and I think the Muss would be the first in line to agree. He did a pretty good job in keeping players out of the news for the wrong reason, one thing that isn't an easy task and speaks well to him as a person. Good luck in the future coach.

• Upvote 2

This will be Faison's second really important task as Athletic Director so far (the first was getting us into the Big Sky Conference). I like that a national search will begin immediately; that is what I was hoping for.

I'd call this #3 for Faison. Don't forget the creation of an entirely new hockey conference.

Wish Coach Mussman well in his future endeavors.

My understanding is that the entire staff is dismissed. I disagree with keeping either one of the above mentioned coaches around. Luke was in over his head as a receiver coach, let alone OC. Kotelnicki is a nice guy and certainly did a better job as a special teams coach than he did as a defensive coordinator. I think it will be a fresh start all the way around.

I feel bad for anyone losing their job, but they will all find positions elsewhere. I think Kotelnicki should get a job on the new staff as well. Great recruiter and bleeds green. However, let us not forget how far back we were taken by this staff. UND deserved better. I'm hopeful for the future.

• 1 month later...

Hardly concrete evidence, but one SIU fan posted at AGS that the rumor is that Coach Mussman could be the next OC at Southern Illinois. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, including the Saluki board.

bush league question, do we get out of paying Mussman then? I think a little bit dont' we?

Called that from a mile away

Congrats to muss....he is a good o corrdinator

You really need to start yourself a website. siouxnation.com available? Or maybe consider siouxnation.info or gudoldboyz.com

This way you'd have an outlet for your creative insight, as well as a place to share your grandiose predictions.

• Upvote 1

This was posted yesterday on Football Scoop...

Southern Illinois: Sources tell us that offensive line coach Bill O'Boyle will be promoted to offensive coordinator. We also hear that Carbondale HS (IL) head coach Nick Hill is joining the staff and will coach the quarterbacks and Colorado Mesa defensive coordinator Todd Auer will coach the linebackers. We are also hearing that former WKU head coach David Elson is a strong candidate to coach the safeties.

Doesn't look like Muss will be getting the SIU OC position. The OL coach is now open there if Lennon would be interested in Muss for that...

Honestly Don't expect him to try and get hired either… That is his personality… "Hey if somebody is going to pay me $175k to sit around… Sign me up!"

His personality rubbed off on his athletes too… In my opinion of course…

Honestly Don't expect him to try and get hired either… That is his personality… "Hey if somebody is going to pay me $175k to sit around… Sign me up!"

His personality rubbed off on his athletes too… In my opinion of course…

If that's his mindset, no wonder his football teams were no good.

• 1 month later...