SiouxSports.com Forum

Get a Smack Board!

ndsubison

everyone just look at the time of night that ndsubison has been posting, take a deep breath, and realize the situation. his first post was at 1:52 AM, and his last post was at 4:04 AM. not a whole lot of text in his posts, considering he was on for over 2 hours. wait to reply until he sobers up in a day or two. he's probably still passed out right now while he has an iron, white-knucklin' grip on his bottle.

This site is directed at people interested in Sioux athletics. Frankly, I haven't seen much demand from those people to permit trolling; rather people regularly express gratitude for a moderated forum in which they can discuss the Sioux without being overwhelmed by childish arguments and denigration from Sioux-haters.

If the topic of this site doesn't interest you, the sites you listed are all great places to discuss NDSU athletics. bisonville.com even has a section devoted to bashing the Sioux, where it will be much better received than it would be here.

I originally recommended that you guys get a smack board because I thought it might clear up a lot of "garbage" posts and make the administrators' job(s) a little easier. Honestly, 90% of the posting by bison fans here and also by sioux fans over on the bisonville site ARE smack. Also, maybe a smack board would lend a sense of humor--something that is very lacking--to this site. I've probably just opened myself up to a whole new tirade of insults from the sioux fans here but that's fine with me. A smack forum is actually pretty fun if you guys would lighten up a bit and give it a try.

Honestly, 90% of the posting by bison fans here and also by sioux fans over on the bisonville site ARE smack.
I disagree; most of the posts by all posters here are actual on-topic content, and that's because that's the way most of us like it. I agree that on certain boards, 90% of the posts are smack, and this board was created and is moderated with a careful and specific intent to avoid that.

Also, maybe a smack board would lend a sense of humor--something that is very lacking--to this site.

You have a preference for a certain type of discussion, whereas this site intentionally has a different type. While I'm sorry you don't like it here, I guess my best recommendation is to visit those sites that you enjoy, make your opinions known (as you have here), and market forces will take care of the rest. For now, most of the visitors here seem to appreciate the environment the way it is, and don't seem interested in providing a place for Bison fans to denigrate our team. As you've mentioned, you already have plenty of forums to do that, so the need does seem met.

Jim -- you are right on in NOT having a smack board on this site. I rarely post here, but have followed and enjoyed the discussions for a long time. The BS ville board is nothing more than paranoid rantings against UND and an imagined conspiracy against the Bison. Every thread on that site, regardless if it's in the Smack thread or not, is an oen door to slam UND, GF, coaches and fans. And every one of them ultimately do.