SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Annual POI vs SS.com Hockey Game

bertibm

Well we had a great time last year I was thinking of doing this skate again and make it a Annual thing. The Date would be Sunday March 21st. Time Around noon. Rink TBD. I would ask DaHuskies but they will choke and not make the final 5. I have a feeling both the Gophers and the Sioux will be there. So what I am looking for is someone to step up and find 10 people to play + 1 goalie. Last years game was a 4-4 tie. So if you are interested in playing please post and if anyone would want to be in charge of the Siouz team please Email me at Jerred.Kline@prodigy.net

Hopefully this can happen again.

Thanks

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a great time last year I was thinking of doing this skate again and make it a Annual thing. The Date would be Sunday March 21st. Time Around noon. Rink TBD. I would ask DaHuskies but they will choke and not make the final 5. I have a feeling both the Gophers and the Sioux will be there. So what I am looking for is someone to step up and find 10 people to play + 1 goalie. Last years game was a 4-4 tie. So if you are interested in playing please post and if anyone would want to be in charge of the Siouz team please Email me at Jerred.Kline@prodigy.net

Hopefully this can happen again.

Thanks

Anybody go to this last year? If I can talk the (sigh) wife into heading to Minny I would be game.

bertibm, It sounded like it got a little out of hand last year, with the "light contact" allowed. If it were played along the same guidelines as the regular POI outings, friends and hockey fans having fun playing the game, I would be interested. I'm too damn old to be involved in a chippy game where people launch slappers into a crowd.

bertibm, It sounded like it got a little out of hand last year, with the "light contact" allowed. If it were played along the same guidelines as the regular POI outings, friends and hockey fans having fun playing the game, I would be interested. I'm too damn old to be involved in a chippy game where people launch slappers into a crowd.

that was the coach's fault(s) :( I think one little hit got another and another and another and so on....with no real reffing it can get pretty bad when you don't know the other guys. Maybe find a ref? Could prolly find Mason to ref it! :)

WPoS

I was there last year. However I will be in Florida on a trip so I won't be able to make it this year. It was fun last year, even though we were running a pretty short bench. It was probably one of the better games I played and it was fun meeting everyone. The contact wasn't too bad, it was about what I was used to so I didn't worry about it a whole lot. I usually don't chime in with much but if anyone can play it's worth the trip down to play in it.

I played last year and will play again this year. I hope we can get a few more players than last year as it got very tiring for those of us who might be a tad bit out of shape. :( I can probably talk our goalie from last year into playing again if doesn't have a previously scheduled tournament that weekend.

I may have got a little chippy last year, but nothing real bad. It was about the same as a typical UND intramural game when I was there.

Overall the game was a blast last year, but I think there was only one SS player that didn't feel like puking after the game. If you didn't notice in the picture of our bench, we only had seven skaters for a 1 1/2 hr game. But the only way I would go back is if we have the same goalie as last year........He was down right unbelievable :0

It did get a little chippy by one particular POI guy who was about 6' 4" 240 lbs. He on occasion decided to throw his weight around. ;) I also did get a nice bruise from a slash as I was cutting to the net. But some roughness is to be expected.

Surprisingly we had an ambulance outside waiting the whole game, but it was never needed.......I had heard rumors that this old old guy for POI was going to have a heart attack on the ice :(:D:)

that was the coach's fault(s) :) I think one little hit got another and another and another and so on....with no real reffing it can get pretty bad when you don't know the other guys.  Maybe find a ref?  Could prolly find Mason to ref it! :D

WPoS

Hey I screamed my little heart out for an evenly played game! :(:0

It was fun a lot of fun last year. The SiouxSports team definitely needs a full roster though. And if mksioux can convince the goalie from last year to play, POI is going down. I'll be the coach (well let's face it...watergirl) again if no one else is up for it. My only coaching abilities, as I found out, were dropping F bombs to the POI team and telling the Sioux goalie to hold the puck and give his skaters a rest. ;)

morely, does your brother want to play too? Looks like so far the team would be:

morely

jk

mksioux

Count me in again as well. Though it got a little chippy out there :( , I would be interested in playing a FUN game.

By the way forecheck did a great job coaching, such a dirty mouth for such a pretty girl :)

By the way I thought we talked about playing in beautiful Grand Forks at The Ralph.

I just emailed everyone else that played last year, but the really good guy (in the red breezers and green helmet...no offense to everyone else who was also good :() that was on the team last year doesn't have a working email address anymore. At least not the one I had from last time. So Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer, if you still read the message boards and want to play, let us know.

well, you could do better than me, I had no voice to coach our guys from the bench, it was gone from the night before!

I think we should have a "coach" rumble :(

WPoS

You wish. :)

747Guy, good I just emailed you. It would have been fun to have the rematch in Grand Forks when the Gophers played here, who knows what happened. Ha, dirty mouth, well you're right about that anyway.

So we're up to 4 players.

jk

morely

747guy

mksioux

Ok forecheck, how about a coaches Beer Darts game, winner take all, I'll even play left handed! :(

WPoS

Count me in, even though I suck at BeerDarts. I'll be juiced before the game even starts!

Morley, my bad, I thought you said you wanted to play. Back down to 3 players then.

jk

mksioux

747guy

Goalie: stuckinfargo

And yes, it is in the Minneapolis area.

EDIT: I just got an email, we'll have the same goalie from last year. :)