SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Signing Period

jk

I believe recruits can sign LOI for next year starting today, April 10.  I don't know how long the signing period lasts.  I also don't know if recruits for 2003 like Murray and Porter can sign yet, or if they have to wait until November 2002.

If Murray and Porter can't sign yet, then I guess we're not expecting any new LOI to be signed.  Greene, Sedevie and Parise have already signed, Fylling's not a new recruit and I guess I don't know about Marvin.

I am curious, though, whether anything will come up in this period.  I assume Blais has some scholarship money available since Bayda left, and, sadly, Blais had some free time the last month to do some looking.

The signing period is April 10 to August 1, 2002.

This time period must be the summer before your senior year of HS (or beyond) to sign. Porter could have signed last summer or in the early period in November last fall when Parise did. Murray became eligible to sign today.

Porter will be in Lincoln for 2002-03. Murray will be at SSM as far as I know.

No kidding!  That is interesting info.  How accurate??

That can't hurt his hockey development.   And Shattuck probably didn't have the horses to give Murray much to play with next year with Parise, Hirsch and Porter all done.  My first thought is he would go USHL but he has relatives up in Canada if I am not mistaken, so maybe this is a more comfortable arrangement for him?:)  Can anyone else conjecture on why BCHL over USHL?

I got my Brady Murray info from a friend of Andy Murray.  The team in the BCHL he's going to play for next season is the Salmon Arm Silverbacks.  The most likely reason is because Andy Murray is part owner of the team.  Their website is www.sasilverbacks.com