SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Seriously....stop bringing up ex-UND coaches! If they coached at the DII level we don't want them! We need DI experience....end of story!

So you want to hire a current D-1 coach? What is wrong with a successful D-2 or D-3 coach? I promise you this, there are high school coaches that are far better than some or many D-1 coaches. Some choose family over traveling from state to state coaching, trying to work their way up the coaching ranks and dealing with continually looking for their next job. Remember that every coach starts somewhere and few start at the D-1 level. If you want to build a strong program, you need to find a guy that has done it and wants to do it again at the next level, not a cast off from a upper level program. On top of that, you need to also find a coach that is familiar with and has relationships within the 5 state area. Getting some big name coach from Florida or Texas and doesn't know the area will struggle to recruit talent in his own backyard.

Hazelton would be a dream type situation. I think the guy is in line for a possible DI FBS job somewhere along the line with the success that he has had.

I still think Tibesar wouldn't be a bad option. If he wants to be a head coach.

I don't think the math works there financially with Tibesar, even if he was interested.

I don't think mussman is particularly good at evaluating talent. Remember that really good backup QB last year that someone sat on the bench the prior two years of mediocre at best?

what happened to the team that rallied back against SDSU?

ANYWAY I'll throw a name out there for an assistant: Grant Olson.