SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Come on already with the Tampa crap, just ridiculous

Also went to the Milwaukee f4 as well as many here I'm sure...the atmosphere around the city flat out sucked for the f4. Bottom of the barrel as well. Garbage spots for frozen 4's

@AndyBaggotWSJ: Wisconsin could be host school for two men's NCAA Frozen Fours between 2015 and '18. Bidding with both Milwaukee and Tampa. Yes. Tampa.

Jesus now KC! I'm all for spreading hockey as it is from the youth up in non traditional hockey markets but the frozen 4 sells out no matter what. the fans deserve to have them in cities that embrace college hockey or at least hockey cities with major NHL teams.

@ChrisDilks: Kansas City(hosted by UNO) has also bid on Frozen Four. Nashville considered, but opted not to bid.

Come on already with the Tampa crap, just ridiculous

Also went to the Milwaukee f4 as well as many here I'm sure...the atmosphere around the city flat out sucked for the f4. Bottom of the barrel as well. Garbage spots for frozen 4's

@AndyBaggotWSJ: Wisconsin could be host school for two men's NCAA Frozen Fours between 2015 and '18. Bidding with both Milwaukee and Tampa. Yes. Tampa.

Jesus now KC! I'm all for spreading hockey as it is from the youth up in non traditional hockey markets but the frozen 4 sells out no matter what. the fans deserve to have them in cities that embrace college hockey or at least hockey cities with major NHL teams.

@ChrisDilks: Kansas City(hosted by UNO) has also bid on Frozen Four. Nashville considered, but opted not to bid.

By all accounts I've heard, the Tampa Frozen Four was done well.

... and I want an excuse to go someplace warm if/when winters up here drag into May like last year.

That was one thing that I liked about the Final Five when it was at the Target Center.

I really like the downtown area now, with my attraction to sports, food, and a few beers the only thing that would be better is if there would be any half decent teams besides the Lynx, the other 3 are currently pretty smelly.

Their starting goalie is a monster... Jon Gilies is 6'5" and weighs 215 pounds.

BU has the big goaltender back that played against UND last year when they beat UND in the third. I picked BU based on all the guys they have back. But never....ever....doubt a Catholic school.

So where do you have Sacred Heart ranked this season...

Not well.....Some fun facts about their season last year:

~The Pioneers or pios as I like to call them won two hockey games.

~Didn't get their first win of the year until February.

~That win came against......wait for it.....Holy Cross!

~Actually had a three game unbeaten streak after that victory.

So I'm guessing more of the same.....no love until some old Bjorkman hater mistakenly inserts them into the greatest upset in NCAA hockey history at a little eatery outside of St. Paul.

Hockey East

2013-14 PRESEASON COACHES POLL

1. UMass Lowell - 104 points (7 first-place)

Boston College - 104 points (4 first-place)

3. New Hampshire - 84 points

Notre Dame - 84 points

5. Providence - 79 points

6. Boston University - 67 points

7. Merrimack - 54 points

8. Maine - 45 points

9. Vermont - 34 points

10. Massachusetts - 32 points

11. Northeastern - 28 points

I see gophers hockey program got 20 mill today..... going to renovate the ucci.... is the ralph getting out dated?

Out dated? Never. Always have been a head of the game. They need the upgrades along with many more that have upgraded recently around the nation. Rinks around the world (pro/college) use the Ralph for ideas.

• Upvote 1

I see gophers hockey program got 20 mill today..... going to renovate the ucci.... is the ralph getting out dated?

IMO, no. Each summer REA tends to upgrade some portion of the arena.

Some updates over the years:

-New hot and cold tubs installed at ice level

-New flat screen televisions throughout the building

-Sioux Shop was remodeled a few years back and most recently a hat wall/display was added

-'Authentics by Reebok' customization

-New scoreboard and sound system installed after the fire

-Weight/training facility has state-of-the-art equipment and things are added by request

-NHL Wall at ice level

-New TV in the players lounge

-New projection screen in the lobby/main entrance

-Photos and various displays are updated yearly (ie: All-Americans, new flags in the concourse honoring top 100 players in history)

-New storage building

Honestly, REA was ahead of the game in many areas. A lot of the new rinks (and those being renovated) are adding things REA has had since it opened.

• Upvote 3

Out dated? Never. Always have been a head of the game. They need the upgrades along with many more that have upgraded recently around the nation. Rinks around the world (pro/college) use the Ralph for ideas.

Dang...I guess the cost of scooters and insurance for the players keeps going up, doesn't it?

Hockey East

2013-14 PRESEASON COACHES POLL

1. UMass Lowell - 104 points (7 first-place)

Boston College - 104 points (4 first-place)

3. New Hampshire - 84 points

Notre Dame - 84 points

5. Providence - 79 points

6. Boston University - 67 points

7. Merrimack - 54 points

8. Maine - 45 points

9. Vermont - 34 points

10. Massachusetts - 32 points

11. Northeastern - 28 points

ALL POLLS

http://m.collegehockeyinc.com/node/673

WCHA

Results

Team (First-Place votes) Total Points

1. Minnesota State (22) 244

2. Ferris State (2) 218

3. Alaska 168

4. Bowling Green 149

5. Michigan Tech 144

6. Northern Michigan 137

7. Lake Superior State 117

8. Bemidji State (1) 108

9. Alaska Anchorage 54

10. Alabama Huntsville 36

Preseason Player Of The Year

Matt Leitner, F, Minnesota State

Others receiving votes: Garrett Thompson, F, Ferris State; Stephon Williams, G, Minnesota State