SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

NEWS FLASH - The Minnesota Vikings sign Josh Freeman in the hope his antics will draw fan attention away from the team's woeful on-field performance. Oh, wait .....that didn't work in Tampa Bay.

Meter maids running, fueling up the Love Boat as we speak.

Seriously though, I have to wonder if this means...

A) Ponder is hurt worse than reported and going on IR?

B) They've seen enough of Ponder and Cassell is taking over?

C) Freeman is being penciled in as a long-term answer?

I'd like to know what Frazier is thinking, but he never says anything about anything so I guess we'll see who trots out Sunday.

Meter maids running, fueling up the Love Boat as we speak.

Seriously though, I have to wonder if this means...

A) Ponder is hurt worse than reported and going on IR?

B) They've seen enough of Ponder and Cassell is taking over?

C) Freeman is being penciled in as a long-term answer?

I'd like to know what Frazier is thinking, but he never says anything about anything so I guess we'll see who trots out Sunday.

Frazier did say that Freeman will not play this weekend. Not enough time to get up to speed. I'd have to think that Cassel will get the nod this Sunday, and then go from there. I'm guessing they brought Freeman in to see what he can do as the starter, not to back anyone up. The only thing that could put a wrench in that is if Cassel plays exceptionally well this weekend. If Cassel lights it up, then there's a decision on whether to give him the reigns the following weekend as well, however if he's so/so then you let Freeman have a shot at it. Whether Ponder is injured or not, I'm guessing he's the 3rd stringer from here on out, and then gone after this season.

What a mess.

Frazier did say that Freeman will not play this weekend. Not enough time to get up to speed. I'd have to think that Cassel will get the nod this Sunday, and then go from there. I'm guessing they brought Freeman in to see what he can do as the starter, not to back anyone up. The only thing that could put a wrench in that is if Cassel plays exceptionally well this weekend. If Cassel lights it up, then there's a decision on whether to give him the reigns the following weekend as well, however if he's so/so then you let Freeman have a shot at it. Whether Ponder is injured or not, I'm guessing he's the 3rd stringer from here on out, and then gone after this season.

What a mess.

Kind of a stunning signing, don't you think? I guess we'll see who lasts longer, Greg Schiano or Josh Freeman.

Kind of a stunning signing, don't you think? I guess we'll see who lasts longer, Greg Schiano or Josh Freeman.

I'm guessing Freeman, sounds like Shiano doesn't have the respect of his players, and you know what that leads to.

Watching the Packers run the ball Sunday for 5-8 yards a pop made me think: what could AP do if he had holes like that to run through every play, since the D against the Packers can't play all 11 guys in the box because of Rogers and the Packer receivers. The Vikings have what every QB has to want because it makes throwing the ball down the field so much easier, well, easier for anyone but Ponder. Even Dilfur could do better.

Sounds like the Adrian Peterson story is true, just on ESPN. Sounds like his 2 year old son was beaten by his ex-girlfriends new boyfriend and is in a SD hospital in critical condition.

WTF is wrong with people?

I don't know how any "human being" could do something like that. I am sure he thinks he had some kind of "right" to do what he did. He will find out soon that he does not. God help him if Peterson every gets his hands on him. :angry:

Sounds like the Adrian Peterson story is true, just on ESPN. Sounds like his 2 year old son was beaten by his ex-girlfriends new boyfriend and is in a SD hospital in critical condition.

WTF is wrong with people?

I hope AP finds this guy and beats the !@#$ out of him. He is a disgrace for a human being. Picking on a 2 year old. What a !@#!$!.

God help him if Peterson every gets his hands on him. :angry:

Since this is apparently a 'secret' child, do you really think he cares? According to several web sites, he's not listed on the birth certificate.

Announcing that he's playing Sunday? Sounds like he's real devastated.

I am starting to think the Cover 2 (or Tampa 2 or whatever the heck they call it now) defense just doesn't work anymore. Offensive coordinators have figured out how to move the ball against it. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread in 2002 when Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl with it, but times have changed. With some of the talent we have drafted on defense the past couple of years, along with some of the guys we have brought in (Jared Allen) we shouldn't give up touchdowns on every single freaking drive. :angry: Even with the injuries they have had back there this year.

Looks like Spielman will be drafting a QB in the high-end of the first round in 2014 and then drafting lots of defensive players after that. This team went to the playoffs last year and returned a lot of the same guys; this should not be happening. Some people in Winter Park need to be polishing up their resumes right about now. ???