SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Where coaches get in trouble is not adapting to changes in the game or stubbornly sticking to schemes or players who cannot put the team in position to win, e.g. Rex Ryan. Some coaches get stale at their job like everyone else and need to move on, and sometimes they move to a new team and find their stride again, you never know.

That said, I think Frazier is doing about all he can with what he has. Average QB at best, 1 veteran receiver and a bunch of young guys, and a horrible secondary does not translate to a 10-6 team...his coaching staff did a great job last year. Now if Ponder continues to have 4 turnovers every game and they don't pull the plug within a month, then I'm going to join in calling for...gulp...Cassel.

This team went from 4-12 two years ago to 10-6 and the playoffs last season, right?

Yeah and I think they overachieved a little last season. They also are transitioning from older guys to younger guys on defense, which always involves some growing pains. I would not be surprised if they took a step back this season. But, like the Lions this year, they will bounce back next year. As for the QB situation, I think it might be time to start looking for another prospect to groom for the job. I am beginning to think Ponder isn't up for it.

With their schedule this year its just impossible for this team to make the playoffs. Instead of Pittsburgh at home, they're in fricken England.....plus playing two road games right away is never easy for any team.

Look at their road schedule....

@ Chicago...Always play dope headed in Chicago....always.

@ NY Giants....hopefully the bad Eli shows up....

@ Dallas.....Only won there with Randy Moss....

@ Seattle...Loss

@ Green Bay....Loss

@ Ravens....Loss

@ Cincinatti.....Loss

This bleeding purple Vikes fan is hoping for 6-10.

With their schedule this year its just impossible for this team to make the playoffs. Instead of Pittsburgh at home, they're in fricken England.....plus playing two road games right away is never easy for any team.

Look at their road schedule....

@ Chicago...Always play dope headed in Chicago....always.

@ NY Giants....hopefully the bad Eli shows up....

@ Dallas.....Only won there with Randy Moss....

@ Seattle...Loss

@ Green Bay....Loss

@ Ravens....Loss

@ Cincinatti.....Loss

This bleeding purple Vikes fan is hoping for 6-10.

0-16...hello Bridgewater!

If thats the case lets just not play for a year or two & get that QB & build the new stadium & lose Allen trade AP for a Hershal Walker type trade for about 10 or 12 players (not serious but it did improve the cowboys in a hurry)

Would not surprise me in the least bit if they finished 0-16. All games very losable.

...or winnable...that's the beauty of it...a fresh stab in the heart every 4th quarter.

If losing close games builds character I have a bunch following this team my whole life.

...or winnable...that's the beauty of it...a fresh stab in the heart every 4th quarter.

If losing close games builds character I have a bunch following this team my whole life.

If losing games like this builds character Viking fans have enough character to be the fricken pope.....

3rd and goal and you hand it to AP from 4+ yards out? Horrible call. They needed a TD to seal the deal. Ponder sucks but a pass play was the call. A FG left the door open which Chicago gladly walked thru and stole a "W".

• Upvote 1

Toward the end of today's game my 5 year-old declared that she's going to start cheering for the opposite teams as me because my teams always lose and it's no fun to cheer for them. We were in the car when the Vikings fumbled the kickoff (she had been asking repeatedly, "is it over, did Chicago win yet?") and she was cheering "Go Chicago! Chicago Wins!". I told her that cheering for the opposite teams as me was probably a pretty good strategy. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

3rd and goal and you hand it to AP from 4+ yards out? Horrible call. They needed a TD to seal the deal. Ponder sucks but a pass play was the call. A FG left the door open which Chicago gladly walked thru and stole a "W".

That right there tells you how much confidence they have in Ponder. But then again, playing "not to lose" has become a Viking 4th quarter staple.

That was the game right there. I would have run it again on second down to maybe get closer then run it on third down if it was inside the two.

Hell, I would have run it four times, yes even on fourth down because then Chicago would at least have to go from their own end zone and be content with a tying field goal instead of a winning touchdown.

I can't even get into the..."well ponder played better".....or "well we almost got that one..."

When I saw the schedule I said 6-10. Next weekend is a toss up at home against a bad Cleveland team, then after that you fly to London to lose to Pittsburgh before the bye week.

Toward the end of today's game my 5 year-old declared that she's going to start cheering for the opposite teams as me because my teams always lose and it's no fun to cheer for them. We were in the car when the Vikings fumbled the kickoff (she had been asking repeatedly, "is it over, did Chicago win yet?") and she was cheering "Go Chicago! Chicago Wins!". I told her that cheering for the opposite teams as me was probably a pretty good strategy. Sigh.

Smart girl....GO BEARS!!!