SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

45 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yup lot easier to sell ads in a town the size of Fargo.

It is also a very high quality print piece with free circulation and a lot of very good content, from what I have heard. :whistling:

Really off of their print materials are very well done, home, biSon sports stuff, Fargo happenings, etc. As well as available for PDF email subscription.

Spotlight Media

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Yup lot easier to sell ads in a town the size of Fargo.

Probably a good thing because it is not an exaggeration to say the magazine is 50% ads. Obviously that's how they are able to offer free circulation and as of now, it seems to be working for them.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Probably a good thing because it is not an exaggeration to say the magazine is 50% ads. Obviously that's how they are able to offer free circulation and as of now, it seems to be working for them.

Typically free circulation model publications need to be at least 50% advertising in order to sustain more than one edition. Pretty common practice. Especially in tourism markets.

On 2/22/2016 at 8:52 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I think we're just starting to see the benefits of this facility ... or at least USC saw them this weekend

According to Coach Dodson, you would be correct.

Sit Down & Cheer @SitDownAndCheer  1h1 hour ago

Impact of High Performance Center? Baseball coach Jeff Dodson tells us he had a recruit walk inside and tell him "I'm in" right on the spot.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

walked by the hpc tonight around eight and the women's soccer team was in there practicing...i wish the ad would put an old fashioned "we need this much" and "we have raised this much" sign outside the northwest corner to get people to donate to finish that monster off.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On February 22, 2016 at 0:17 PM, dmksioux said:

According to Coach Dodson, you would be correct.

Sit Down & Cheer @SitDownAndCheer  1h1 hour ago

Impact of High Performance Center? Baseball coach Jeff Dodson tells us he had a recruit walk inside and tell him "I'm in" right on the spot.

On February 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM, darell1976 said:

That's awesome!!!

Tough bump to swallow. :(

• 2 months later...

First home track meet in over 30 years scheduled for February: 

For the first time in more than 30 years, the University of North Dakota will host an indoor track & field meet as part of the program’s 2016-17 schedule announced on Tuesday by head coach Kevin Galbraith.

The Fighting Hawks will host the UND Indoor Tune-Up on Feb. 18 at the UND Athletics High Performance Center, one week prior to the Big Sky Conference Championship. It will be the first indoor home meet at UND since the spring of 1985.

Will be interesting to see what schools come up for this. There are some very big schools in the region that have shown interest in meets at the HPC due to the fast surface and it being a 300m track.

• Upvote 1