SiouxSports.com Forum
UND Fan

Grand Forks Economy

17 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Malls across the country are in trouble.  Even in the cities like Southdale are having problems.  They closed  JC Penny's and are doing major facelift. Of course having the MOA 5 miles away doesn't help.  I like shopping online but I still like to see the product before I buy it.  The one thing I like is shopping on line and having my groceries delivered.  I hate grocery shopping. 

Lifetime Fitness is moving into the JCPenny location at Southdale.  I think you will see more and more non-retail business moving into malls.

What happened to the big fertilizer plant that was to come to GF using Bakken oil oil ?

On 6/14/2018 at 1:34 PM, Cratter said:

If Fargo raises their minimum wage, will Grand Forks have no option but to follow?

GF could soon have a $12 minimum wage.

If you want GF to be the next stop on the McDonald’s labor automation tour by all means go ahead.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

What happened to the big fertilizer plant that was to come to GF using Bakken oil oil ?

With the problems getting urea out of the cities this spring I could see the plant get a little more pressure.  I believe there needs to be a little more pricing adjustment for it to pan out.  Definitely still in discussions. 

33 minutes ago, Fetch said:

This came out today

Maybe the bang up business that Beulah’s urea plant did this spring opened some investors eyes.   Still seems like a high mountain to climb.

Anyone hear buzz on Costco coming to Grand Forks?  On Costco.com if you put zip code 58201 in on Insta Cart for 1-hour grocery delivery it says coming to 58201 soon.  Is that just delivery, or Costco itself?  Would think the old Macy’s would be perfect for Costco because they would have room for gas station in parking lot.

40 minutes ago, tnt said:

Anyone hear buzz on Costco coming to Grand Forks?  On Costco.com if you put zip code 58201 in on Insta Cart for 1-hour grocery delivery it says coming to 58201 soon.  Is that just delivery, or Costco itself?  Would think the old Macy’s would be perfect for Costco because they would have room for gas station in parking lot.

Hornbachers uses Instacart for their delivery. Not sure if related. 

Costco would be the biggest retail addition ever.  The Sears store will be vacant soon too.  It would take more than an hour to deliver from Fargo.

10 hours ago, northernraider said:

Hornbachers uses Instacart for their delivery. Not sure if related. 

Might just be Instacart for Hornbachers.  You would think there would have been some rumblings if Costco was coming soon.