SiouxSports.com Forum
UND Fan

Grand Forks Economy

17 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Malls across the country are in trouble.  Even in the cities like Southdale are having problems.  They closed  JC Penny's and are doing major facelift. Of course having the MOA 5 miles away doesn't help.  I like shopping online but I still like to see the product before I buy it.  The one thing I like is shopping on line and having my groceries delivered.  I hate grocery shopping. 

Lifetime Fitness is moving into the JCPenny location at Southdale.  I think you will see more and more non-retail business moving into malls.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:34 PM, Cratter said:

If Fargo raises their minimum wage, will Grand Forks have no option but to follow?

GF could soon have a $12 minimum wage.

If you want GF to be the next stop on the McDonald’s labor automation tour by all means go ahead.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

What happened to the big fertilizer plant that was to come to GF using Bakken oil oil ?

With the problems getting urea out of the cities this spring I could see the plant get a little more pressure.  I believe there needs to be a little more pricing adjustment for it to pan out.  Definitely still in discussions. 

33 minutes ago, Fetch said:

This came out today

Maybe the bang up business that Beulah’s urea plant did this spring opened some investors eyes.   Still seems like a high mountain to climb.