SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

Albatross was open. And always closes this time of the year as golfers usually go play outside now ;).

Albatross has always wanted a different location and was about to move this last season but not enough time before he opened last fall for the move.

He's always wanted to concentrate on being a golf sim place and less bar/restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GFAFB is in real need of a mission. While some UAS are stationed there, I can see those getting moved way to easy and GFAFB getting BRAC'd. Bringing in the new KC-46's would do wonders for the base  - and also give us ROTC students something cool to look at. 

On 6/23/2016 at 5:41 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I didn't realize until now that the KC-46 is a twin-engine (Boeing 767 base design). The KC-135 was a quad. I'd think you'd want the "single failure, can still stay in the air" of a quad. 

I think they view more engines as more chances for failure.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

I believe that the State Mill has already purchased the old Minnkota facilities for future expansion.

Not yet.  The Mill  is one of a couple entities who are looking at the current Minnkota site, but there are no deals yet.   Minnkota doesn't expect to be fully moved to the new facility until 4th quarter of 2017, with the possibility of some areas remaining at the Mill Road site into 2018.    

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/4076688-new-fedex-airport-facility-fargo-approved-tax-incentives-worth-660000

Grindberg, a former state lawmaker who generally favors incentives, said it's wrong to offer an incentive that encourages a company to leave another North Dakota city to come to Fargo.

Amen. And I almost never agree with ND politicians. 

Does Fargo have anything that GF can steal?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/4076688-new-fedex-airport-facility-fargo-approved-tax-incentives-worth-660000

Amen. And I almost never agree with ND politicians. 

Does Fargo have anything that GF can steal?

I think it is more amusing that they gave it to them even after knowing that FedEx was coming whether they got the tax incentives or not.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wonder how much property tax GF will lose out on now that they are gone.

Probably none. I don't think FedEx owned any of the buildings they used in Grand Forks, they were all leased. The one nice thing Grand Forks has going for them is that the leases go through 2023 though when the renewed the lease in 2013, Grand Forks agreed to do an $800,000 upgrade and a 3,000 square foot addition.