SiouxSports.com Forum

The Nickel Trophy

Blackheart

You forgot the part where Mr. Taylor send Faison the every other year contract that was rejected by Faison who wanted a every year one. Time passes and those dates don't now don't work. You say Faison has sent Mr Taylor a contract but McFooly is stating that it's the other way around and Faison is sitting on it. I don't know for sure and I doubt you do either.

Along those lines, I have heard that GT did send it back but it was not a straight 2-1 anymore. More along the lines of UND playing there twice as one option. Another option was first two at NDSU then last one at UND, but do not know what the buyout is on that last game.

This is what I was told but is not official by any means. Obviously, none of those are very advantageous to UND whatsoever (unless they get a 150-200k guarantee for the two games at NDSU offer). Then it would be tolerable but still not ideal.

As with any team, home games make the money and getting NDSU at home would make way more than playing there or anywhere.

You forgot the part where Mr. Taylor send Faison the every other year contract that was rejected by Faison who wanted a every year one. Time passes and those dates don't now don't work. You say Faison has sent Mr Taylor a contract but McFooly is stating that it's the other way around and Faison is sitting on it. I don't know for sure and I doubt you do either.

Taylor sending an every other year contract that Faison rejected is part of negotiation. Taylor rejecting the same every other year contract and wanting more is moving the goal posts.

Mr. Faison was publicly quoted in June 2012 (if I recall the date correctly) that he was sending an every other year contract to Taylor, and that it was what Taylor had requested earlier. If Taylor now wants a 2 for 1 contract, that again is moving the goal posts. Taylor is afraid of NDSU losing to UND, and is still holding a 10 year old grudge. He isn't going to sign any contract to have NDSU play UND unless UND gives away everything, and that isn't going to happen.

Taylor sending an every other year contract that Faison rejected is part of negotiation. Taylor rejecting the same every other year contract and wanting more is moving the goal posts.

Mr. Faison was publicly quoted in June 2012 (if I recall the date correctly) that he was sending an every other year contract to Taylor, and that it was what Taylor had requested earlier. If Taylor now wants a 2 for 1 contract, that again is moving the goal posts. Taylor is afraid of NDSU losing to UND, and is still holding a 10 year old grudge. He isn't going to sign any contract to have NDSU play UND unless UND gives away everything, and that isn't going to happen.

Here is the funny part and proves that GT is scared of UND...in 2004 UND cut ties with SDSU, since then UND completed a home and home with the Jacks and play them in every sport. Now if the Jacks can overlook UND cutting ties a decade ago which no one who was part of it is still with the U then why can't GT and NDSU? FEAR! A loss to UND (which UND is 4-1 in the Fargodome or should I say Alerus Center South) would be an embarrassment to NDSU, hurt recruiting, and send the team and BV into meltdown mode.

It does:)

Actually Mr Kuper made $1.05 million last year. Not exactly more than former Bison. That was the total amount that was guaranteed. If he hadn't agreed to the restructuring, they would have paid him the $1.05 million and cut him. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

From BV:

Obviously Incarnate Word, Weber St, Prairie View and Ferris St has a good enough product to play the mighty Bison but won't play UND. Anyone, anywhere sure except if you are UND. Bison fans are so funny.

Incarnate Word: One time deal

Prairie View: One time deal

Ferris State(Save Ferris!): One time deal.

Weber: H-H with away leg in year when have 6 home games already.....with no worries about additional pressure to make it an annual or semi-annual event....

Incarnate Word: One time deal

Prairie View: One time deal

Ferris State(Save Ferris!): One time deal.

Weber: H-H with away leg in year when have 6 home games already.....with no worries about additional pressure to make it an annual or semi-annual event....

The Weber State AD is absolutely ecstatic about the Bison coming to town. He is tweeting about them setting a new attendance record. Apparently a much bigger game for them than any BSC game.

The Weber State AD is absolutely ecstatic about the Bison coming to town. He is tweeting about them setting a new attendance record. Apparently a much bigger game for them than any BSC game.

Uh... no !@#$. Why would they be this excited about teams they play every year?

You guys have a ten page thread on it and appear to be pretty excited to get a home and home with Big Sky bottom feeder, lowly Weber State.

Does Gene need directions to a certain park in Omaha? I have GPS coordinates and pick up lines if he wants! He is a NAVY man after all....(wink wink)

Solid attempt at burn. He is an Arizona state guy though. Did work at navy though. I award you 5 points

Overall it is shaping up to be a good year in sports at UND. Our volleyball team won the conference and beat the Bison. Our women's basketball team has a good chance to win the Big Sky and they too beat the Bison. Our men's team has a decent chance to finish 2nd in the Big Sky . They also crushed the Bison. Our hockey team is currently in 1st place in the NCHC. Now we just have to get our football team going. Hopefully next year will be the start to that.

Overall it is shaping up to be a good year in sports at UND. Our volleyball team won the conference and beat the Bison. Our women's basketball team has a good chance to win the Big Sky and they too beat the Bison. Our men's team has a decent chance to finish 2nd in the Big Sky . They also crushed the Bison. Our hockey team is currently in 1st place in the NCHC. Now we just have to get our football team going. Hopefully next year will be the start to that.

Glad your standards are so low. Makes things easier doesn't it.

Glad your standards are so low. Makes things easier doesn't it.

Low standards? The Ag school maybe won the NC in football, but how's their women sports? I'll answer that for you: horrible. Also, our hockey team is tied for first in the conference and every year is a possible NC year in hockey. Actually, have the bizon defeated us head-to-head in anything this year? Of course not. Keep digging dirt - it's all the bizon are truly good at.

• 3 years later...

It was already announced years ago that the trophy was retired, this is just the final chapter. There is no way that UND would rip that scab off. The good thing about having it on display in Bismarck is that UND owned the trophy a majority of the time of its history including most of the last decade it was played for.  

The Sitting Bull trophy was also retired with South Dakota you won't see any discussion about that coming back.