SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

We have offered F Jarriesse Blackmon and F Colby Koontz

We are really expanding our recruiting range! These appear to be two pretty talented kids:

PF Koontz, 6'10", 220, Enid, OK. Has offers from Lehigh, Santa Clara, MT St, Oral Robert (offered last October) & USD. I couldn't find year-end stats for Blackmon but he was averaging about 20 p/p halfway through last season. He is apparently a very baseball player as well.

SF Blackmon, 6'6", 210, Layton, UT. Has an offer from Montana. Averaged 16 points and 11 rebounds as a junior. That is a bunch of rebounds for a SF!

He should be available right away but will also apply for a 6th year as he did not play at all last year due to a leg injury (and getting kicked off the team). A 6'1", 175 PG/SG, he averaged 20 minutes and 5.6 pts as a sophomore at NMSU. He averaged 14 pts as a senior at Onate HS in Las Cruses, NM.

He looks very good on You Tube - he can jump and has a good shoot!

Agee he looks to be a very good player if he can stay out of trouble and injury free ( which we seem to have problems with this in recent years). How many point guards will we have on the roster this coming year, and I mean players that should be point guards? Hooker, Antwi, Crandall, De Rouen and Tyler is what I can think of off the top of my head and maybe more.

Agee he looks to be a very good player if he can stay out of trouble and injury free ( which we seem to have problems with this in recent years). How many point guards will we have on the roster this coming year, and I mean players that should be point guards? Hooker, Antwi, Crandall, De Rouen and Tyler is what I can think of off the top of my head and maybe more.

I think that Hooker and Crandall should run the point mainly and have Antwi, De Rouen and Tyler spell them. Tyler would be better suited at the 2, so would Antwi. De Rouen seems to have a tweener role to him. You can mix Hooker and Crandall at the 2 as well. But my money would be having Hooker and Crandall running the show.

I think that Hooker and Crandall should run the point mainly and have Antwi, De Rouen and Tyler spell them. Tyler would be better suited at the 2, so would Antwi. De Rouen seems to have a tweener role to him. You can mix Hooker and Crandall at the 2 as well. But my money would be having Hooker and Crandall running the show.

I don't know but Tyler, Crandall and DeRouen may be better than Hooker. Time will tell.

I thought I posted this but, if so, it was on the wrong thread....

UND has offered C Kyle McKiinley, a 6'10", 215 prospect from Stillwater, MN He also has an offer from UNC but he is starting to get a lot of attention.

McKinley has picked up an offer from USD. Other offerees have also picked up more offers - Wiki has been updated.

I noticed Lehigh had a couple of offers out to prospects we have offered so I looked at their recruiting info. They have 21 offers out for next year with another four offerees opting to go elsewhere in the last week or so. They must be offering anyone that looks halfway decent! Almost like our FB recruiting prior to this last class!

New offer: SF Levi Bradley, 6'5", 170, Milwaukee (Pius XI). Has offers from USD, Green Bay & The Citadel

I have tried to add this to Wiki but it won't open for me. Anyone else having this problem? This is the message I get:

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

• There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

New offer: SF Levi Bradley, 6'5", 170, Milwaukee (Pius XI). Has offers from USD, Green Bay & The Citadel

Edit: Bradley averaged 17 as a sophomore and just under 20 last year. All sorts of different heights/weights for him. One has him at 6'7", 185.

Two more offers to CA kids:

PG Quinton Adlesh, 6', 185, San Luis Obispo (Mission College Prep), CA Has offers from Army, UNC, Penn & Cal Poly.

Must be a bright kid - numerous Ivy League schools looking at him. He was the league MVP last year averaging 22 pts, 5 rbds & 5 assists. Some sources have him as a shooting guard - averaging 22/game he probably is a SG.

SF Nick Pete, 6'8", 185, Hemet (Tahquitz), CA No other known offers.

He is listed anywhere from 6'6" to 6'8" and from 185 to 210 lbs depending on the source.

Seems like a shift in focus on CA all of the sudden. Wonder if Dirden has some sort of connections out there? Thought we'd see some activity out of CO with his addition to the staff.

I agree - there must be some new connection to CA. I hope these kids give us serious consideration - ND is a long way from home!

Seems like a shift in focus on CA all of the sudden. Wonder if Dirden has some sort of connections out there? Thought we'd see some activity out of CO with his addition to the staff.

2015-2016 offer is from Colorado, so there is some activity going on there.

I noticed Lehigh had a couple of offers out to prospects we have offered so I looked at their recruiting info. They have 21 offers out for next year with another four offerees opting to go elsewhere in the last week or so. They must be offering anyone that looks halfway decent! Almost like our FB recruiting prior to this last class!

I made this comment in sort of a negative manner last week but we are now up to 16 offers (that we know about). After thinking about this, I don't have a problem with this many offers in that I assume we are sitting down with these kids, enlightening them about UND, etc. That is much different than readily offering scholarships to FB players you haven't met yet (other than maybe a phone call).

It appears we are going after some talented prospects based upon the level of interest from other DI programs. Hopefully, we can land a few and then continue to get a couple of talented freshmen each year.

I made this comment in sort of a negative manner last week but we are now up to 16 offers (that we know about). After thinking about this, I don't have a problem with this many offers in that I assume we are sitting down with these kids, enlightening them about UND, etc. That is much different than readily offering scholarships to FB players you haven't met yet (other than maybe a phone call).

It appears we are going after some talented prospects based upon the level of interest from other DI programs. Hopefully, we can land a few and then continue to get a couple of talented freshmen each year.

I'd be curious how many of our previous offers are still out there considering the change in coaching staff. Guessing there are a few that have probably fallen off or we've been taken out of consideration due to the loss of some of the assistants.

We are also going to have to fill quite a few spots (4-6) depending on how the scholarships are actually sitting right now. For comparison, the other Dakota schools also have quite a few offers out for how many spots they will have open (guesstimate based on verbalcommits.com):

USD - 4 spots/15 offers

SDSU - 2 spots/11 offers

NDSU - 2 spots/9 offers

And the website now shows Lehigh up to 26 offers....

New offer:

SG Adam McDermott, 6'4", 175, Cedar Rapids (Xavier), IA

I believe Adam is Doug's cousin/Greg's nephew. He was 3rd team all-state last year, averaging 16.5 ppg. He has had DII offers from Truman, Sioux Falls, Wayne St & Mary but recently was offered by UNC.

New offer:

SG Adam McDermott, 6'4", 175, Cedar Rapids (Xavier), IA

I believe Adam is Doug's cousin/Greg's nephew. He was 3rd team all-state last year, averaging 16.5 ppg. He has had DII offers from Truman, Sioux Falls, Wayne St & Mary but recently was offered by UNC.

Didn't Doug grow late in his HS days? It would be awesome if we can get a McDermott again.

The offers keep coming:

SF Admiral Schofield, 6'5", 220, Zion (Zion-Benton), IL Has offers from Green Bay, Milwaukee, LIU, Niagara & Ohio

Average 18 ppg as a junior, supposedly shot 78% from the field (I doubt that is correct) and 80% from the line.

The offers keep coming:

SF Admiral Schofield, 6'5", 220, Zion (Zion-Benton), IL Has offers from Green Bay, Milwaukee, LIU, Niagara & Ohio

Average 18 ppg as a junior, supposedly shot 78% from the field (I doubt that is correct) and 80% from the line.

Looks like he was only 6'2" as a sophomore so he might have some more room to grow as well.