SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Recruiting

Hambone

• 4 months later...

It was mentioned on the SU thread that a couple of Williston State players were at the game. I assume one of them was Houston Lavachek, a 6'9" forward from Glenburn, ND. He has grown 3-4 inches over the last year and a lot of folks are starting to pay attention to him. He played guard his first couple of years in HS before he really starting growing. He is starting for Williston and has played the second-most minutes on the team averaging 14+ points per game on the 8-1 team and shooting 40+% on his 3's.

He did not play summer AAU ball so, along with his late growth, he probably was overlooked by many teams.

He was a qualifier so he can transfer after his freshman year if he chooses. I am not sure if CC freshmen qualifiers can be officially recruited or not. If anyone has some knowledge on this, please provide some insight. It sure sounds like he would be a great addition to the program.

It was mentioned on the SU thread that a couple of Williston State players were at the game. I assume one of them was Houston Lavachek, a 6'9" forward from Glenburn, ND. He has grown 3-4 inches over the last year and a lot of folks are starting to pay attention to him. He played guard his first couple of years in HS before he really starting growing. He is starting for Williston and has played the second-most minutes on the team averaging 14+ points per game on the 8-1 team and shooting 40+% on his 3's.

He did not play summer AAU ball so, along with his late growth, he probably was overlooked by many teams.

He was a qualifier so he can transfer after his freshman year if he chooses. I am not sure if CC freshmen qualifiers can be officially recruited or not. If anyone has some knowledge on this, please provide some insight. It sure sounds like he would be a great addition to the program.

The one situation like this I can recall was when Durene Heisler transferred from Lake Region to UND after her freshman year. Of course, that was a pretty unique recruiting situation given Roebuck was making the same move at the same time.

I think this might be considered beyond 2014-2015, but I believe Reed Nikko of Mape Grove and Net Gain Sports has an offer. He is a 6'9" sophomore. Opened his season with a triple double. Other WSC player with Lavachek was Tre Burnette.

Burnette has nice size for a guard (6'5"). Any idea if he is DI material? If so, who is looking at him?

http://azdailysun.co...1a4bcf887a.html

Northern Arizona PG has left the team. Looks like he was a pretty good player but may have some personality issues. Wonder if we'd have some interest......

Holy cow, at first when I saw your post, I thought it was Gabe Rogers, which would have been a ginormous loss for the Lumberjacks. Russell showed promise, though, and did drop 21 on us in that infamous game at The Betty last year in February. He only scored 7 when we went down to Flagstaff earlier in 2012-2013 season.

• 3 months later...

Kretchman kid from Davies is best guard out of N.Dak. In a long time. Only 5' 11" but has quick release, quick first step and is smart. If we have some extra $. We could take a chance on him. I think they said he was going to Moorhead State. Kid can shoot. Not sure how quick he is or if he can play D at this level but he was fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Then, if a transfer is coming in that will have only a senior year of eligibility remaining after sitting out a year, would discussion on that player belong in a 2010-11 thread? Or a 2011-12 thread? Are we assuming the player redshirted right out of high school?

Hate to nitpick but possible transfers and Crandall, Cashman, and Coleman should be discussed in the 2013-2014 Recruiting thread. This ones meant for current high school juniors.

You are correct - this thread should be for next year's recruiting!

Then, if a transfer is coming in that will have only a senior year of eligibility remaining after sitting out a year, would discussion on that player belong in a 2010-11 thread? Or a 2011-12 thread? Are we assuming the player redshirted right out of high school?

Yeah why don't you go post on those ones.