SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux wallpaper

SIOUXELEVENS

Here's a question for the tekkies... I try to change my wallpaper and I keep getting a MS Windows error telling me "Access Denied". I have tried re-installing Windows 98 a couple times, but that didn't work. I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Here's a question for the tekkies... I try to change my wallpaper and I keep getting a MS Windows error telling me "Access Denied". I have tried re-installing Windows 98 a couple times, but that didn't work. I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Does that include any wallpaper change or just the "save as background" images from your web browser?

Does that include any wallpaper change or just the "save as background" images from your web browser?

Thanks, sprig.

It's ANY wallpaper change. I can select the "active desktop" option, and choose a different picture for the wallpaper with out a problem in the display properties menu, BUT when I close the display properties, it reverts to a picture that I had on my computer almost two years ago. Make sense?

Basically, I can't change my wallpaper to a photograph.

Thanks, sprig.

It's ANY wallpaper change. I can select the "active desktop" option, and choose a different picture for the wallpaper with out a problem in the display properties menu, BUT when I close the display properties, it reverts to a picture that I had on my computer almost two years ago. Make sense?

Basically, I can't change my wallpaper to a photograph.

Been too long since I've used win98, but I've never seen that sort of problem. Active desktop is a problem in itself and I'd leave that toggled off. This sounds like it could be a graphic adapter issue possibly, but that's just a guess. What resolution are you using (settings tab)? Try a pic that matches your resolution.

Win98 also likes to use bmp's, the Sioux pics are jpg's. If you have an app that will convert graphic formats, convert the jpg's to bmp's, save the files in the windows directory, and try again.