SiouxSports.com Forum

DU mascot = lesson for UND

• 1 month later...

DU Pioneers mascot committee recommends against adopting a new mascot

More than 8,000 community members participated in the survey, more than three times the expected response. The release by the committee said that nearly 70 percent of respondents were either receptive or neutral to moving forward with a new mascot, but were not aligned on what that mascot should be.

No $h!t. You aren't going to take 8,000 people and get them all to agree on the exact same thing. So instead they just aren't going to do anything.

The concepts were created after the committee conducted over 45 focus groups, 15 open forums and a number of one-on-one interviews with alumni, students and faculty. The mascot committee had 76 members — more than the Colorado state Senate, state House or the final Broncos roster.

They were about as effective and efficient as the government. :sneaky:

I'd say no move was the right move.

All three designs were straight-up Disney material.

No. Wait. DU's last mascot was that too.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Denver_Boone

The consulting firm(s) that designed those logos failed miserably. The mountaineer idea had some promise, but the fringe on the jacket alone makes it look ridiculous. The other 2 are way too cartoonish, even too campy for Disney. 70% of the people that voted were willing to get a new mascot, they just didn't have any choices worthy of a college athletic program.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in favor of just letting no name exist other than University of North Dakota...if we have to put up with !@#$ like the logos I have seen for DU, then its going to be a rough process to make people eat this crap for their team! I remember the stupid bleacher creacher that would show up at football games...totally stupid....

• Upvote 1