SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Season

SWSiouxMN

http://www.undsports...tclid=209428439

Looks like semis will be held at 5 and 730 on Friday

Assuming the men's hockey team has home ice for the first round of the NCHC tournament (which is looking pretty good right now), parking will be an issue once again on the grounds of REA. And I am fine having a problem like that! :)

South Dakota is going dancing. They are representing the Summit. Is that a fluke? How strong was the Summit in women's basketball this year. I think USD's record was below .5oo this year.

A bit of a fluke, but they did play pretty well down the stretch. They very nearly lost in the quarter finals of the tournament, but a last-second 3 won it.

Well, I guess we will find out soon enough.

Not necessarily. Parity in women's basketball doesn't really exist. The top seeds dominate even more than on the men's side. Last year UConn beat Idaho by 68 in the first round. The difference between the pounding SDSU was going to take and USD will take is probably minimal. Same for our girls if they make it. Most likely going to be a blood bath.

South Dakota is going dancing. They are representing the Summit. Is that a fluke? How strong was the Summit in women's basketball this year. I think USD's record was below .5oo this year.

It was somewhat surprising because of the issue of parity that WeAreNorthDakota eluded to. SDSU has had a remarkable run in wbb in DI. They were very good in DII as well of course. USD hasn't been great lately but they've always been pretty good too. Plus it was "rivalry" game and funny things can always happen there.

As far as the strength of the Summit in WBB, it is not great and never has been. SDSU has been head and shoulders above the rest of the Summit competition since they joined. To me that makes it less surprising that USD won the tournament, since they were also a top DII team.

By comparison, the Big Sky is traditionally a much stronger league for wbb. The Big Sky is legitimately a "mid-major" conference in women's basketball, similar to the Horizon or the WCC on the men's side......