SiouxSports.com Forum

The next chance for Carlson's Cabal

The Sicatoka

So . . . Brescani is just throwing us off the trail of Felonous deeds by stating that his emai account has been compromised by NDUS oversight on numbers occaisions in 2013, huh? You're still going with Brescani delete thousands of emails and lying to the public, instead of the NDUS having a hand in this?

So if he deleted them, the legistators should have them in hand within 24 hours, right? I could get any email I deleted recovered within 24 hours if it was urgently needed through my company. Looks like the NDUS IT Support team is really good . . . or maybe they aren't being very helpful.

Had you read my ridiculous theory, you would've seen that I don't believe 45000 emails were deleted. Also, it's entirely possible that the emails which were deleted were not in any way related to the open records request. Earlier in this thread (or another one where this first came out on siouxsports, can't remember and don't feel like looking) I stated it's probably that email chains were deleted up to the final email in the chain, which would contain all the information from the other emails and would render them pointless to maintain. That is done all the time to save space and clean up the inbox. If you think the NDUS intentionally deleted Bresciani's emails in order to get him in trouble for deleting his emails, then I'm just curious...... how many blackhawk helicopters do you think circle over your house every night to monitor your activities?

Personal accountability is not a hallmark of higher education, and not just at 'su.

Agreed, but it's the fact the Moo U fans are so blind to the truth in addition to the administration (not saying things haven't been blown out of proportion in this specific situation) that seems to set them apart. I don't know of a more paranoid, everyone is out to get me, fanbase than them.

Of course its not their fault...somehow UND will get blamed for this.

Blamed for the NDUS accessing and manipulating Brescani's email account? Are you even following the story, or just making up your own story?

Bresciani Emails Found, University System Apparently Getting A House Cleaning

I’m told by multiple sources that there was a meeting between incoming State Board of Higher Education President Kirsten Diedrich (from Fargo) and multiple university system presidents including Bresciani. The result of that meeting is, according to one source, the university system is now “looking to fire several people from the NDUS offices that aren’t backing Bresciani’s story.”

After getting rid of the chancellor they didn’t like, and trashing the evaluations they didn’t like, I guess the university presidents are now apparently going to get rid of university system office staff they don’t like.

A second source gave me some names: Director of Communications and Media Relations Linda Donlin, General Counsel Claire Holloway (who was the one who divulged the fact of Bresciani’s 45,000 deleted emails to legislative council) and Compliance Officer Kirsten Franzen whose job, among other things, is to ensure compliance with open records laws.

But perhaps bigger news is that the Bresciani emails have been found. I’m told by a source that, before leaving her position today, Holloway delivered over 100,000 of Bresciani’s emails – including the infamous 45,000 – to the Attorney General’s office. These emails were located on a university system recovery server. As many, including myself, had speculated these emails were deleted from Bresciani’s system but maintained on a university system backup.

I can now see the voters giving control for Higher Ed to the legislature next year.

Blamed for the NDUS accessing and manipulating Brescani's email account? Are you even following the story, or just making up your own story?

its been thrown out there that Holmberg could be behind all of this. The insinuation being Holmberg/Grand Forks/UND is the connection. Darrell isn't where it is coming from.

its been thrown out there that Holmberg could be behind all of this. The insinuation being Holmberg/Grand Forks/UND is the connection. Darrell isn't where it is coming from.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Shirvani had the NDUS IT dept monitoring all the presidents emails? Not hard to do for the administrator account. This will all come out soon as to what happened.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Shirvani had the NDUS IT dept monitoring all the presidents emails? Not hard to do for the administrator account. This will all come out soon as to what happened.

Even if he was it doesn't excuse Bresciani from deleting public records. Why are Bresciani and his minions so anxious to change the topic of debate before all the facts come out on his missing emails?

Even if he was it doesn't excuse Bresciani from deleting public records. Why are Bresciani and his minions so anxious to change the topic of debate before all the facts come out on his missing emails?

So you're sure he deleted them? They (presidents) know that the email system is backed up so what would be the point?

So you're sure he deleted them? They (presidents) know that the email system is backed up so what would be the point?

So who has access to his account to delete them? An assistant? A professor? A student? Or is it a random hacker. But you know someone deleted it and it will come out who did.

I didn't say that, I said Shirvani monitoring Bresciani's email wouldn't excuse Bresciani from deleting his emails (if in fact, he did). In fulfilling a public information request with 900 pages of emails, the people making the request typically don't ask where the other 45000 are. Most would take what they got a leave none the wiser. Not saying that's what happened in this situation as I fully admit I don't have all the information, I'm just stating that's a possibility. Unlike you, when I'm not sure of something I don't go around talking about it as if it's a fact just because I read about it on bisonville.

I like how that is being pushed as actually being fact in Fargo now.

black_helicopters.jpg

If Brescani delete emails, they would be in Legislator's hand right now, it would be an easy recovery from backup. If they are indeed Deleted, Brescani didn't do it, I can assure you that.

If Brescani delete emails, they would be in Legislator's hand right now, it would be an easy recovery from backup. If they are indeed Deleted, Brescani didn't do it, I can assure you that.

Because you know who did it.....it was YOU!!!! :lol:

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/267140/

The point is that the Case of the Missing Emails is a mystery that should be solved, can be solved and seems on its way to being solved. Until it’s concluded, North Dakotans can speculate on how and why they emails got deleted, and they might even make guesses about a possible “deleter.” Maybe the odds even favor one conclusion over another. But it’s crucial to remember that these speculations are just that: speculations, informed by nothing more than guesswork about methods, motives and odds. For example, did President Bresciani do the deleting? Well, it’s certainly possible. But he has denied it; and given the reported difficulty of fully deleting such things as well as North Dakota officials’ core knowledge that emails are public records, it seems unlikely that Bresiciani would be indiscreet in emails in the first place, let alone start mass deleting them. But that’s speculation too, of course. At this point, it’s enough to repeat that question of the emails is important, and the attorney general is right to vow to answer it. Here’s hoping he gives the matter top priority.

I agree with most of this other than the statement referring to "North Dakota officials’ core knowledge that emails are public records." Most university employees don't like to admit they are state employees subject to open records.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/267140/

I agree with most of this other than the statement referring to "North Dakota officials’ core knowledge that emails are public records." Most university employees don't like to admit they are state employees subject to open records.

It's amazing how many people screw themselves by thinking their employer's email service is their own property. I'd be willing to bet in the terms of use, and other employment-related documents, there are very specific provisions dealing with use, deletions, tampering, etc.

For example ...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130628/NEWS/306280029/Sebring-sues-Des-Moines-school-district-over-emails?Frontpage

Tony at bisonville should be sued for libel for what he has propagated there with absolutely zero facts. He's such a total arrogant idiot - a deadly combination.

Holmberg/UND are supporters of the maintaining status quo, not undermining Bresciani and the NDUS system.

But on Bisonville, UND and it's power is always the culprit for the stupidity at NDSU. Wasn't UND to blame for Chapman being a crook?

• Upvote 1

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/405023/

FARGO – A new automatic purge function that North Dakota State University officials say may be to blame for more than 45,000 of President Dean Bresciani’s emails being deleted violates the school’s own policies for how long records should be kept.

All emails sent and received by school administrators can’t be deleted for at least one year after the current fiscal year ends, according to the school’s record retention schedule.

Eric Miller, records management coordinator at NDSU, said that moving an email to the trash bin may not be considered deleting a record. That’s where 45,375 of Bresciani’s emails were before school officials say they were inadvertently dumped.

At UND, Johnson said the Outlook trash bin isn’t adequate. “If your intent is to keep it, that’s not the place to store it,” he said.

So if you plan to keep an email for later (records) you store it in the trash bin? Did the IQ level go way down at Moo U?

Dan, you need to explain to your president that if you intend to save an e-mail you don't put it in the trash folder. Maybe the IT at FU can come up with some big pictures or something he can tape to his computer so he better understands how things work.

Dan, you need to explain to your president that if you intend to save an e-mail you don't put it in the trash folder. Maybe the IT at FU can come up with some big pictures or something he can tape to his computer so he better understands how things work.

A lot of people use it for storing unimportant emails - the user has to physically purge them to delete them. With the new auto purge setup by Microsoft well they were deleted. But they aren't really as there is always a backup. So the question is - can you really delete an email?

The one thing that I really do not like about this whole thing is that the presidents can not communicate with anyone without it being a public record. Are they going to tap their phones and record all their conversations next? Talk about 1984.

A lot of people use it for storing unimportant emails - the user has to physically purge them to delete them. With the new auto purge setup by Microsoft well they were deleted. But they aren't really as there is always a backup. So the question is - can you really delete an email?

You can do better than that Dan. Storing e-mails in the trash folder? If only there was a feature that allowed a new folder to be created where unimportant e-mails could be stored. I will agree that it doesn't look like his intent was malicious, but it still doesn't make him look all that great. Anything Carlson can get on these guys is just ammunition for later, regardless of how small it is.