SiouxSports.com Forum

The next chance for Carlson's Cabal

The Sicatoka

We finally deal with the UND moniker.

And the fiscal issues at NDSU (Dr. Chapman).

And Dr. Shirvani and the turmoil of his tenure as NDUS chancellor.

Now this:

NDSU president accused of destroying 45,000 emails subject to an open records request

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/404107/

Welcome to the next round of Al Carlson and his Cabal claiming ND SBoHE and the NDUS is completely out of control and looking to wrest control over ND Higher Ed back into the Legislature.

Thanks Dr. Bresciani. :glare:

Edit: Fargo Forum headline updated to:

NDSU president denies deleting 45,000 emails subject to open records request; state AG investigating

What would be important that you would have to get rid of 45,000 emails?? I can see Lakes doing that but Bresciani? Secret tuition increase, affair, embezzlement, secret meetings, season tickets to UND hockey? That would be a lot of emails to go through if he had them.

I could easily see where this is being blown out of proportion if it's even true that emails were deleted. If there was an email chain of 20 emails, it's not uncommon for the first 19 to be deleted, as all the information would still be included in that 20th email. This is often done to save space and make things easier to follow. Also, the 45,000 number seems a bit far-fetched unless bresciani just deleted ALL of his emails.

Edit: Fargo Forum headline updated to:

NDSU president denies deleting 45,000 emails subject to open records request; state AG investigating

That headline gave him an out. As long as the number of e-mails deleted was 44,999 or less, he can say he didn't do what he's being accused of.

If Carlson is behind this I have a hard time believing Brescani did anything wrong. Carlson has proven that he will do or say anything to maintain his agenda and people like that do not change.

I'd guess Skarphol is behind the request.

I'd guess Skarphol is behind the request.

Interesting, time will tell then. After reading the article it is odd that that many emails were deleted on the exact day of the open records request.

*I assumed Carlson was behind this from some of the earlier posts.

How is that even possible anyway? Even if he deleted an email from his inbox, unless he directed IT to delete everything there must be a cached version saved. I mean, we tell young people all day long about being aware of their digital footprint, yet a college president can click "delete" and everything is gone?

Doubtful.

*I assumed Carlson was behind this from some of the earlier posts.

Is Al Carlson behind this? Can't say; don't know.

Will he willingly use this to keep working toward his end goal (dissolution of the ND SBoHE and return of those powers to the Legislature)? Oh yeah ...

The article states that "Information technology personnel from the university system confirmed that an estimated 45,375 emails were deleted from Bresciani’s account on April 29 – the same day the state made its open records request and a day after The Forum wrote a Page A1 story from other emails it had gleaned through its own university presidential open records requests."

If the IT statement is true, that is simply too much coincidence to be ignored. Somebody did something or ordered somebody to do something.

Good thing these guys are not criminals. They leave more tracks to follow than Little Red Riding Hood. Get Trac Phones and text and throw away the phone. No muss no fuss. Next it will be Kelley and his deleted emails, Minot State, Dickinson State, Mayville State, and Valley City State and they are going to find the same thing. Geez these guys are dumb to leave such a trail to follow. They need to do like a certain Alaska govenor and use personal accounts to get around this.

Good thing these guys are not criminals. They leave more tracks to follow than Little Red Riding Hood. Get Trac Phones and text and throw away the phone. No muss no fuss. Next it will be Kelley and his deleted emails, Minot State, Dickinson State, Mayville State, and Valley City State and they are going to find the same thing. Geez these guys are dumb to leave such a trail to follow. They need to do like a certain Alaska govenor and use personal accounts to get around this.

Or use secret email accounts....Obama’s top appointees use secret email accounts – AP

Come on guys, keep your partisan politics out of it.

Not partisan, but equal..... they both do the same crap. I have a general disdain for the current political situation in Washington and elsewhere. Edited by GeauxSioux
  • Upvote 3

How can anyone do their job if absolutely everything that you do or say is under such scrutiny? The university presidents and the SBOHE should be able to talk without all of it being public record. The public does not need to know everything. If they do need to know everything then why even hire the presidents in the first place. Put everything that they decide on for a public vote. So much would get done then.

Not partisan, but equal..... they both do the same crap. I have a general disdain for the current political situation in Washington and elsewhere.

I concur on the not partisan, but equal. I just do not believe the public has the right to know everything about everything. This is a republic and we vote for people to represent us. We vote for state legislatures to hire or appoint people to run things. If we do not like how they run things we vote them out.

I concur on the not partisan, but equal. I just do not believe the public has the right to know everything about everything. This is a republic and we vote for people to represent us. We vote for state legislatures to hire or appoint people to run things. If we do not like how they run things we vote them out.

One of the problems is that they get so powerful that you can't vote them out. Some of the senators and reps in DC have been there for decades. Is that what the founders of this nation intended?
  • Upvote 2

The Dean strikes back....

In a troubling turn of events, NDSU’s forensic evaluation of my email also revealed that it has been

compromised, on a range of dates during the time frame under study, by a variety of computer accountscontrolled by the North Dakota University System office without notification to me or anyone at NDSU. It is myunderstanding that these staff have full access and control of my email account. You can imagine my chagrinat the discovery

"Deleted emails" never really go away. You just need to know where to look. -NSA :silly:

That said, deleting emails subject to an official request could be grounds for termination in the "real world". Not so sure if academia would qualify ...