SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League could take over NCHC to survive?

SiouxVolley

Not letting Denver in because of football is a stupid artificial rule by Fullerton and the BSC.   Again, stupid by Fullerton.

Most of Denver's non-hockey programs are crap anyway.  Also, it's a small private school; I believe all Big Sky members are public, state-supported institutions.  So what's the big deal?

Allowing DU would have had the advantage of allowing conference meeting minutes to be private (and not requestable under FOIA) as not all organization members would be public institutions. That's another dropping of the ball. 

Conference - private school 

Pac12 - Stanford, USC

Big Ten - Northwestern

SEC - Vanderbilt

Big 12 - TCU

They all do it. ;) 

UND should have skiing...ever see those mountains the city of Grand Forks makes from cleaning the streets. Lol!!

I could easily see UND adding x-country skiing for women.   Schools like St Cloud and Bemidji have it for both sexes and compete at the top level.

Montana St is the only BSC school that offers skiing.  NAU and Montana used to I believe.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

SV, with the addition of Denver and Oral Roberts, is the Summit League going to survive?

If you think it will, how long before UND feels it may be economically beneficial to join the Summit?

If you think it won't, what will cause its downfall?

Signed,

Dean B.

PS, thanks for all your brainwork on this matter. I've been too busy celebrating Bison victories to think about it much.

SV, with the addition of Denver and Oral Roberts, is the Summit League going to survive?

If you think it will, how long before UND feels it may be economically beneficial to join the Summit?

Signed,

Dean B.

PS, thanks for all your brainwork on this matter. I've been too busy celebrating Bison victories to think about it much.

Are you bragging about one basketball win? Because these leagues don't have football....

Ok, Lieutenant Literal, I am talking about football victories.  I did not realize the Summit did not have football.

Seriously, I want to know if SV thinks the Summit will survive with an additional two members.  He has put a lot of energy into his conspiracy threads and predicting the demise of the Summit.  Could it be that college presidents, particularly the Summit ones, are smarter than he is?

Ok, Lieutenant Literal, I am talking about football victories.  I did not realize the Summit did not have football.

Seriously, I want to know if SV thinks the Summit will survive with an additional two members.  He has put a lot of energy into his conspiracy threads and predicting the demise of the Summit.  Could it be that college presidents, particularly the Summit ones, are smarter than he is?

The SL has done a lot in securing their league by getting ORU back, plus UMKC may also come back, add that 1 million dollar exit fee and its very secure. 

#buttfootball

Signed,

Dean B.

NDSU will kill it when they go to the Big Sky.  That's why the Slummit Presidents made the exit fee a cool $1mill.

I'm sure the Slummit paid all exit and entrance fees for Oral Bob to join the Slummit.  The Presidents knew that the Slummit was in trouble with not having enough baseball teams.  Bisonville chose to conveniently ignore those facts and pretended everything was ok.  If any of NDSU, SDSU, ORU. UNO, WIU, or IUPUI leaves, the Slummit would be facing the same disaster.  Keep your head up your posterior as you bison fans always do.  Only this time, UMKC won't save you because they don't have baseball.     

And how many Big Sky programs have Lax and Skiing?

I could easily see UND adding x-country skiing for women.   Schools like St Cloud and Bemidji have it for both sexes and compete at the top level.

Montana St is the only BSC school that offers skiing.  NAU and Montana used to I believe.

LAX is popular at Montana State I don't know if they will move it up from a club team.

Montana State is the only school with Skiing in the Big Sky, Montana and Idaho had teams. Montana doesn't have what Bozeman has for skiing, Bozeman has Bridger Bowl about 30 minutes away (where the NCAA does the Championship when in Montana) and Big Sky about a hour and a half away. Missoula has two smaller mountains near by but it's 3 and a half hours away from Whitefish Mountain. It looks like NCAA Skiing is mostly Nordic (x-country) events and only 4 Alpine events (2 mens 2 womens).

NDSU will kill it when they go to the Big Sky.  That's why the Slummit Presidents made the exit fee a cool $1mill.

I'm sure the Slummit paid all exit and entrance fees for Oral Bob to join the Slummit.  The Presidents knew that the Slummit was in trouble with not having enough baseball teams.  Bisonville chose to conveniently ignore those facts and pretended everything was ok.  If any of NDSU, SDSU, ORU. UNO, WIU, or IUPUI leaves, the Slummit would be facing the same disaster.  Keep your head up your posterior as you bison fans always do.  Only this time, UMKC won't save you because they don't have baseball.     

Whether the Slummit has enough teams to be solvent or not, it remains a crap-hole, way-station conference where schools are always looking for something better.  But since there isn't anything better for them, they stick around.  Oh, wait for it.....

#ButtRPI :silly:

PS: What a topic to post on for Post #5,000!!! :p

• 4 years later...

Had to bump this gem.  Can hockey replace baseball as a required mens's sport in regards to the NCAA?  With the addition of UST, it just might be easier for the Summit to meet hockey team requirements instead of baseball.

PS: I realize that UST has baseball also, but hockey affiliates may be easier to come by in the Summit footprint.

• Upvote 1