SiouxSports.com Forum

Jocelyne and Monique

choyt3

Exactly. It makes perfect sense for the Twin Cities media to mention they played at the U for a year as they ARE former Gophers. There's nothing strange about it and certainly nothing "embarrassing" about it either.

OK, Mariucci, you're beating a dead horse. Perhaps my point should have been to specifically point out Mark Rosen's comments and leave it at that.

So would it be fair to say that in a few months, when Green Bay decides to retire Brett Favre's jersey, that Mark can blurt out "Former Viking Brett Favre will have his number retired by the Green Bay Packers tonight..."?

OK, Mariucci, you're beating a dead horse. Perhaps my point should have been to specifically point out Mark Rosen's comments and leave it at that.

So would it be fair to say that in a few months, when Green Bay decides to retire Brett Favre's jersey, that Mark can blurt out "Former Viking Brett Favre will have his number retired by the Green Bay Packers tonight..."?

I know you were addressing Mariucci (Yuk!, can't believe I typed that word :)), and I hate to keep sounding like a dink to you, as you typically have some very great points on a lot of issues, but to answer your question in a word: Yes. Ok, I'm done.

I know you were addressing Mariucci (Yuk!, can't believe I typed that word :)), and I hate to keep sounding like a dink to you, as you typically have some very great points on a lot of issues, but to answer your question in a word: Yes. Ok, I'm done.

You don't sound like a dink at all - we just have differing opinions on this one. Thanks for the compliment.

If I were in Mark's place, I'd say 'Former Packer great Brett Favre, who as you probably know spent a few seasons here in Minnesota with the Vikings, will have his number retired tonight in Green Bay..."

• Upvote 1

Yes it would make perfect sense as he is a former Viking. Bottom line is you are making an issue out of nothing.

• 2 months later...

Having not read the article, I am assuming they made reference only to the Gophers as their former college team. Well, that would, of course, be wrong. It would have been more appropriate to say, "Former Gopher players that finished their college careers with North Dakota".

Of course, I would have written, "Former Rodent players that saw the error of their ways, rejected that program and helped lead the University of North Dakota to a promising future in women's college hockey then ending their careers with zero NCAA championships while Minnesota, their former team enjoyed incredible, multiple NCAA record breaking successes of an epic and historical magnitude including two NCAA championships in back to back seasons". But, I am a bit biased.

FYP.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like Jocelyn ran into the Canadian goalie in Saturday night's game, sparking an all-line brawl between the US and Canada.

Monique ran into the goalie and Jocelyn received a game misconduct for protecting Monique when the Canadian players went after her.

Monique ran into the goalie and Jocelyn received a game misconduct for protecting Monique when the Canadian players went after her.

Get your tickets for when they square off at the Ralph in December!!!

• Upvote 1

Oh; I didn't see it. The article I read about it said it was Jocelyn. Either way, it's certainly something that doesn't happen very often on the international level.