SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky All Sports Trophy - 2012-13

SiouxVolley

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/266224/group/Sports/

No surprise at these numbers, especially with the non-revenue sports doing poorly.

Northern Arizona wins overall

Montana State wins men's

Portland St wins women's

http://legacy.grandforksherald.com/pdfs/0616.S.GFH.undbigsky.women%20copy.pdf

http://legacy.grandforksherald.com/pdfs/0616.S.GFH.undbigsky.men%20copy.pdf

Just wanted to keep these scholarship numbers available for future reference.

In men’s Big Sky sports, UND is fully funded in basketball (13) and football (63). Men’s tennis has no scholarships with the NCAA maximum set at 4.5. Men’s track and field is scheduled for six scholarships in 2013-14 — 6.6 scholarships short of the NCAA max.

UND had to add men’s tennis last fall with its inclusion to the Big Sky sports menu.

In women’s Big Sky sports, basketball (15), soccer (14) and volleyball (12) are fully funded. Golf is at 4.0 of 6.0, softball is at 8.0 of 12.0 and tennis is at 4.5 of 8.0.

“Scholarship fundraising is so critical,” Faison said. “If I had to identify one need, it’s scholarships. We’d like to have everyone fully funded at some point.”

UND’s total scholarship expense, which includes sponsored sports outside of the Big Sky, has risen from $1.43 million in 2005 to $3.39 million in 2012.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/266224/group/Sports/

Interesting article. If the women's softball team was so close to losing postseason eligibility why didn't they play games at the Alerus center? When the place was built they talked about, "we can have softball games in here too."

I'm hoping they'll be able to play games in the new indoor facility.

Interesting article. If the women's softball team was so close to losing postseason eligibility why didn't they play games at the Alerus center? When the place was built they talked about, "we can have softball games in here too."

I'm hoping they'll be able to play games in the new indoor facility.

I visited with Coach Strinz a couple years ago about playing in the Alerus. At the time the Alerus was asking for a $22,000 rental fee. I think that would be quite an obstacle for that program.

I visited with Coach Strinz a couple years ago about playing in the Alerus. At the time the Alerus was asking for a $22,000 rental fee. I think that would be quite an obstacle for that program.

Another reason the Sioux need to get an on campus facility away from the Alerus.

• Upvote 1

Women's fricking Soccer gets 14 scholarships? Are they f'kin joking? I know, Title IX, but my gosh. They have 14 FULL RIDES and completely suck. There are only 3-4 people that score on a soccer team, give full rides to 8-9 players who can actually do something.

Softball has 8 Full Rides. :silly:

Figured Bisoville would have an orgy over this news, and sure enough. In minor ports, the Summit is like the little sisters of fhe poor, and NDSU fans love to brag about bullying second graders.

Whatever makes them feel better until another SL member bolts for better waters and bison fans get madder and madder that the MVC still doesn't accept them.

Figured Bisoville would have an orgy over this news, and sure enough. In minor sports, the Summit is like the little sisters of fhe poor, and NDSU fans love to brag about bullying second grade orphans.

I'm not really sure it is really all that different than the Big Sky.

Funny how one Bison fan wishes SDSU puts up 40+ points on UND...I am wishing the same thing when the Jacks play FU. Of course they (FU) think they can handle the likes of Alabama so that kind of talk is impossible. If NDSU misses the playoffs I wonder what the number one excuse will be? The buyout by MSU. It messed up the Bison universe.

• Upvote 1

With all the money in ND, neither NDSU or UND should have unfunded scholarships. As for the Jacks hanging 40 on UND.......very possible. But, who knows......play the game and see what happens. NDSU and a threepete.......will come down to injuries.

3 valid points...no argument here.

With all the money in ND, neither NDSU or UND should have unfunded scholarships. As for the Jacks hanging 40 on UND.......very possible. But, who knows......play the game and see what happens. NDSU and a threepete.......will come down to injuries.

And it's possible UND could hang 40 on the Jacks...that's why we play the game.