SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

I heard last night on NHL Network that Chara was probably hurt as well.

By the time the playoffs reach the finals, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many players who aren't battling injuries. I just love the willingness to battle through (as opposed to basketball players, etc).

• Upvote 1

You may be right however, there is a relationship between Blackhawk fans and Fighting Sioux hockey unlike any other NHL team. I've been to 12 different NHL arenas, some multiple times, and its Blackhawk fans that stop me the most and want to talk about the Sioux jersey I'm wearing. They talk about Murray, Belfour, and Toews knowing were they all came from. Hawk fans will pass by in the concourse and yell "Go Sioux". The two games I've attended in Chicago were ridiculous the number of times people yelled "Go Sioux". It almost got annoying. I had a Hawks fan stop me in restaurant in Anehiem before a Ducks game and told me "I can't tell you how much I love that jersey". Another reason Sioux fans cheer for the Hawks is they have the best logo in all of sports.

nice post.

• Upvote 2

By the time the playoffs reach the finals, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many players who aren't battling injuries. I just love the willingness to battle through (as opposed to basketball players, etc).

I can't imagine how bad some of these guys are hurt. Jonathan Toews ended up being the second highest scoring ex-college hockey player in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Very interesting and classy move by the Blackhawks. This type of stuff typically never happens - I can't recall seeing anything like this. During the Finals a friend and I were talking. I recalled back in 2011 when the Bruins were playing the Canucks and it got nasty - the 'trash talking' between teams, the finger-biting incident, etc. I guess that's what you expect with the Canucks! But this series was different. This was more of a mutual respect between the 2 teams. Not a lot, if any, trash talking. Not a lot, if any, crap between the whistles. This was just a hard fought series between the 2 best teams in the league, and it was fun to watch. Well, except for that last minute or so in Game 6!

Hawks praise Boston's 'big heart'

• Upvote 2