SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

And this, friends, is the textbook definition of 'exaggeration.'

And that friends was the definition of sarcasm haha. For those who said Boston wasn't getting enough credit...even though they just swept the pens. They've been getting all the credit (not that they don't deserve it).

sounds like the hawks are overreacting a bit, bollig out now, stalberg in, bickell is trying to find his form, hawks need to play with more depseration. you would think they are down 0-2. I could see the hawks getting run out of the building tonight, especially if boston scores real early. not to the tune of 8-1 like game 3 in 2011, but 4-1 bruins tonight with an empt netter to cap it off.

I was waiting for the move as a Hawks fan and like it. When they put Bollig out in it felt like they were trying to add more physicality and go head to head with the Bruins while Stalberg gives a lot more speed and that is what the Hawks are all about and the speed is what has given some Boston d-men problem at times. Hopefully the Hawks can get right back into this one but there is no panic here and there shouldn't be any panic from the Hawks even with a loss tonight. Not a fan of the reffing tonight and would like to see the after the whistle the stuff cleaned up a lot even though with the way the Hawks PP is going it probably wouldn't help much.

And that friends was the definition of sarcasm haha. For those who said Boston wasn't getting enough credit...even though they just swept the pens. They've been getting all the credit (not that they don't deserve it).

Nice! I'm a bit slow on picking that up tonite LOL!

Hope the 2 guys who reffed tonight are done for the season now, I thought they were absolutely horrible. Boston seems to have all the bounces going their way right now and even when Chicago has Rask beat they can't finish it right now. Still confident in the Blackhawks but they have to figure out a way to get their powerplay going, they have way too much talent to struggle this much on the powerplay and I think the big problem for them is spacing and everything seems just a little off on it right now.

2-1. The series is a long way from over.

Agreed, I think this thing goes the full 7 and wouldn't be at all suprised to see another overtime game or 2. Would guess Hossa is back for game 4 but I really have no idea on the severity of his injury and most likely nobody will as they will just call it an "upper body injury" when talking about it.

When was the last time the Briuns gave up a PP goal?

The opposition is 0/26 on the power play against Boston .... I think the series against the Rangers if I am not mistaken. Game Five against the Rangers was the last time the Bruins gave up a power play goal.

you can't win if you can't score and the hawks can't score. hard to win a game if you score zero goals and i don't see anything changing for game four.

This...^^^^^^.

2 goals in the last 190+ minutes of Cup hockey isn't going to cut it.

And soon young moms/dads will be naming their kids Tuukka instead of Snowflake, Jerzi, Tuesday and Lexus!

This...^^^^^^.

2 goals in the last 190+ minutes of Cup hockey isn't going to cut it.

And soon young moms/dads will be naming their kids Tuukka instead of Snowflake, Jerzi, Tuesday and Lexus!

HAA...man, that is funny right there! :lol:

I think people need to start focusing on the fact the Boston is playing an awesome defensive minded game right now....firing on all cylinders. The Hawks did look terrible last night but Boston isn't an offensive power-house. They sit back and work their transition game. The Hawks simply need to take a step back, watch some tape and tweak their game. They'll get the next one I hope.

It would be foolish to say this one's over. It's not like Chicago is stinking up the joint - they're just pressing in my opinion. Case in point was Kane's wide shot from the slot in the 3rd period, I think. Was it Shaw who fed him a perfect drop-pass in the slot and he fired it wide by a few inches? If he just lets it fly it's probably a goal! Chicago is letting Rask and their lack of finishing get in their heads a bit, I think.

The hardest thing to do is eliminate a team. This series is only 2-1, and if Chicago just starts to loosen up a bit things may change. I like how Boston is playing, but they haven't been perfect like a lot of people are making it seem.

you can't win if you can't score and the hawks can't score. hard to win a game if you score zero goals and i don't see anything changing for game four.

Agreed. Unless the 'hawks can solve Rask they are going to have a very tough time taking this from Boston.

Chicago is letting Rask and their lack of finishing get in their heads a bit, I think.

exactly, and that is why their power absolutely stinks right now is because they are trying to make the perfect play to have the perfect shot. instead of just shooting the puck they are trying to be perfect.

I was looking at some of the comments on Twitter last night about how the Hawks fans couldn't understand why Boston hadn't allowed the Chicago PP to score. You have two of the best defensive teams in hockey... Boston has allowed no PP in the last 26 attempts that’s impressive in my book (0/26). The Hawks are 0/11 on the PP and I think I heard 0 for the last 17 power play attempts. Chicago and Boston are the two best teams left in the NHL statistically. Chicago was number one defensively and Boston was three defensively during the regular season. Chicago was three and Boston was fourth overall on the PK this season as well. Boston is actually better on the PP this time around than when they won the cup in 2011. I think they started out the Stanley Cup Playoffs 0-20.

Edited by Goon