SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

Apparently Hak isn't the only one that likes to do it.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Joel-Quennevilles-Game-1-Line-Changes-Raise-Questions--211218451.html

"Yesterday, Quenneville set the Twitterverse on fire by changing up the lines that had carried the Hawks through their Game 4 and 5 victories over the Los Angeles Kings. The biggest change was the one that saw Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, who had clicked so well in the previous two games that Kane had scored four goals, separated once again."

You would think a Stanley Cup winning coach would know better than to change things at the end of the year & especially in the Finals.

GO HAWKS!!!

Q changes up the lines from shift to shift and game to game. He's always tinkering, so they way they start isn't usually how they finish. Kane started to finally show something once he played with Toews so i can see how people are scratching their heads. That being said i like Sharp with Toews too so i think the lines are ok to begin the series.

So, #Blackhawks lines same as Tues:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa;

Bickell-Handzus-Kane;

Saad-Shaw-Bolland;

Bollig-Kruger-Frolik ...

Q changes up the lines from shift to shift and game to game. He's always tinkering, so they way they start isn't usually how they finish. Kane started to finally show something once he played with Toews so i can see how people are scratching their heads. That being said i like Sharp with Toews too so i think the lines are ok to begin the series.

So, #Blackhawks lines same as Tues:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa;

Bickell-Handzus-Kane;

Saad-Shaw-Bolland;

Bollig-Kruger-Frolik ...

Bickell and Kane centered by Toews has been the Hawk's best line in the playoffs and it hasn't been close.

Bickell and Kane centered by Toews has been the Hawk's best line in the playoffs and it hasn't been close.

True, but now Bergeron and Chara will be on them....you have to split up Kane and Toews. At least to start the series. You really don't want to go down 0-1 by hoping that for some odd reason Bergeron and Chara simply get lucky and those two go bonkers on them. Q is preparing for the Cup.

True, but now Bergeron and Chara will be on them....you have to split up Kane and Toews.

exactly. You don't want both on the ice with Chara/Bergeron where they can neutralize both of them. Plus, Sharp and Hossa with Toews is a better answer to Chara/Bergeron.

True, but now Bergeron and Chara will be on them....you have to split up Kane and Toews. At least to start the series. You really don't want to go down 0-1 by hoping that for some odd reason Bergeron and Chara simply get lucky and those two go bonkers on them. Q is preparing for the Cup.

Same way I was thinking about it, put Kane and Toews on seperate lines in an effort to at least keep one of them away from Bergeron and Chara. I am a Hawks fan so of course I'm picking the Hawks to win the series, I think the thing that proves to be the difference is the overall depth of the Hawks.

Same way I was thinking about it, put Kane and Toews on seperate lines in an effort to at least keep one of them away from Bergeron and Chara. I am a Hawks fan so of course I'm picking the Hawks to win the series, I think the thing that proves to be the difference is the overall depth of the Hawks.

maybe hak should have split up kristo and knight at some point this year for the same reason ;)

All the Bruins are doing is playing a transition game and banking their goalie can hold up...it's working though. Haha McQuaid just high sticks holland in the face, right in front of a ref....outcome nothing. I'm getting sick of all the non calls going the bruins way.