SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky News

bincitysioux

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated or necessary. I hope you have a better day.

A little touchy? It wasn't meant as sarcasm. Most Associate Conference Commissioners are pretty anonymous, so I was trying to point out that there were probably very few people that knew anything about her. About the only things that people would know would be what was on the web site. And that even fewer would be able to tell you if it was a good thing.

Also, using sarcasm has nothing to do with people are having a good day or not.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

http://www.nacda.com/sports/cefma/mtt/williams_andrea00.html

http://www.bigten.org/school-bio/big10-staff.html

Just trying to get a read on who this new commissioner is. I guess my only concern is she graduated in 1997. That sounds a touch young to be commissioner of a DI conference. 

You old people and thinking mid 30s is young!

Better get use to us...we are not only smarter and more successful but better looking. :lol:

(dont worry i'll soon be thinking the same as you in 10+ Years)

I think I had a quote on here "back in my younger days": 20s in young to 30, 30 is young to 40s, 40s is young to 50's, 50's is young to 60 etc....and unless you're about 90 anything is "young."

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 5:55 PM, 82SiouxGuy said:

A little touchy? It wasn't meant as sarcasm. Most Associate Conference Commissioners are pretty anonymous, so I was trying to point out that there were probably very few people that knew anything about her. About the only things that people would know would be what was on the web site. And that even fewer would be able to tell you if it was a good thing.

Also, using sarcasm has nothing to do with people are having a good day or not.

Not touchy at all. I have watched a lot of your replies over the years and the conclusion I have come to is that I simply don't like you. No big deal, it is what it is. Have a good day.

44 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

After getting left at the altar by Utah's Kyle Brennan, Montana State has hired South Dakota State's Leon Costello as its new AD.

http://www.montana.edu/news/16179/leon-costello-commits-to-montana-state-university-athletic-director-job

The guy from Utah that they first offered the job to must have been super impressive because Costello has a great resume and he looks like a super hire.

48 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

The guy from Utah that they first offered the job to must have been super impressive because Costello has a great resume and he looks like a super hire.

Come on, you can't be serious! Costello is only an Associate AD at a Slummit school. He can't be qualified to run a BSC athletic department.:cool:

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Come on, you can't be serious! Costello is only an Associate AD at a Slummit school. He can't be qualified to run a BSC athletic department.:cool:

I have always heard that the Slummit League and its schools are always a good backup plan.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who were the other finalists for the MSU job? Did any of the others have DI FBS experience? If they didn't MSU was forced to, as you say, Slummit. 

Yeah. Associate ADs from Arizona State and Wyoming anyway. Not sure about the other 2 finalists. MSU is looking to make a big push on facilities. Brennan and Costello were both viewed as good fundraisers. 

• 6 months later...

UC Davis, after firing head coach Ron Gould last week, has hired former Boise St & Colorado head coach Dan Hawkins.  

UC Davis hires alumnus Dan Hawkins as head coach

Will be interesting to see if Hawkins can turn things around at UC Davis.  They were one of the great DII programs but haven't been able to get over the hump since moving to DI in 2003.  They have been a disaster the last 4 years under Ron Gould.

• Upvote 1