SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Season

SWSiouxMN

It was an excellent hockey game. UND played extremely well and controlled play for long stretches, something I've never seen them do against Wisconsin. The got out goalied, and UND's goalie had a stellar game herself.

There were a few occasions when skaters tried to do too much individually, but they put together a very nice game. This team is much better than last year's IMO. More players have talent, and they are not sitting back to see what the twins will do.

Tonight's game was fantastic until the refs decided dictate the outcome in the third. The two body check penalties called on UND were brutal. The refs had been swallowing their whistles on physical play through 2 1/2 periods and then feel the need to call those? Ruined the game imo.

With the current system, the WCHA really needs to cut back to a 24 or 21 game schedule. This would allow more games against eastern teams and make the PWR for the women's game more legit.

Agreed. It doesn't seem like the women's pairwaise will be changing anytime soon, much to the joy and benefit of east coast schools. So, the WCHA better adjust the schedule, or its teams will continue to be unfairly left out of the national tournament, year after year.

Off topic but am watching the women's exhibition tonight between team USA and team Canada. Wow! Entertaining game! I wish I was going to be in GF on Dec 20th to go see these two teams play!

The Dec. 20 game at the Ralph and the Dec. 28 game at the X will be aired on NBC Sports Network:

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/318683?referrer_id=752796

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...