SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

LOL...it's a little late for 'revisions' now, isn't?

Hey...it's Barry. You can do/say what you want when you can wear a big salad on your head like him!!!

He's channeling his inner Samson!

I think its already been said. The Wild just don't have the depth. I think they thought they'd get more out of Granland this year, and I know Suter likes to play a lot of minutes, but in the end it just drags on him and by the end of a game he's just gassed. I think the foundation is there with guys like Zucker, Parise, Suter. Now add a blueliner or two to compliment Suter, and have more than one line that is an actual scoring threat.

In the world of NHL playoff hockey line matching is huge. The funny thing about this series is that the Hawks are so deep up front that they don't care who the Parise line plays against. They're just basically worried about themselves.

Hard to add players to the Wild's future teams when Parise and Suter both have 98 million dollar contracts. That will kill them in adding free agents in the summer. I said it from the beginning, adding those two players to the team was nice and brought excitement to the city, but it will not generate in deep playoff wins or a true Stanley Cup contender anytime soon. There's too much depth in the NHL and the Wild are one of the teams that will lack that going forward in the years to come.

Zucker and Coyle will not be stars in the NHL too. Zucker will have a better career than Coyle, but they're not going to be All-Stars. Trust me.

I think the Wild, especially Koivu, play better today and get this one...but only this one.

Not having Heatley or Pommerville does hurt though when talking depth.

• Upvote 1

I just get irritated, as the Wild fans are often of the same general disposition as Gopher Puck fans...as much as I love Parise, I just can't be a Wild fan. I was hoping his presence would tip me that direction...I've lived in Mpls for almost 16 years.

The fans, the logo, the marketing, the "state of hockey" crap, the planting of the stupid flag, and then a decade of trap hockey poisoned it in my mind.

• Upvote 4

I just get irritated, as the Wild fans are often of the same general disposition as Gopher Puck fans...as much as I love Parise, I just can't be a Wild fan. I was hoping his presence would tip me that direction...I've lived in Mpls for almost 16 years.

The fans, the logo, the marketing, the "state of hockey" crap, the planting of the stupid flag, and then a decade of trap hockey poisoned it in my mind.

Being forced to watch the FSN production while the NBC is blacked out because I live in the FSN region is driving me nuts. I have no wish to listen to Lapanta, Gorg, and company whining constantly like they are doing a Gopher game. Looks like we'll finally get to watch the NBC production this afternoon since it's on the NBC local network. Just have to hope that there is not some Bison intersquad game that preempts the local hockey broadcast (which happened near the end of the regular NHL season). Oh, well, I'm a Hawk fan anyway.

I think the Wild, especially Koivu, play better today and get this one...but only this one.

Not having Heatley or Pommerville does hurt though when talking depth.

Agreed....I'm starting to wonder if Koivu is hurt. That Pom injury was a huge blow, their first line hasn't even been noticeable. Has the first line even had a point yet? Either way I'm a Hawk fan but have been trying to cheer for the Wild more since Parise arrived.

Hard to add players to the Wild's future teams when Parise and Suter both have 98 million dollar contracts. That will kill them in adding free agents in the summer. I said it from the beginning, adding those two players to the team was nice and brought excitement to the city, but it will not generate in deep playoff wins or a true Stanley Cup contender anytime soon. There's too much depth in the NHL and the Wild are one of the teams that will lack that going forward in the years to come.

Zucker and Coyle will not be stars in the NHL too. Zucker will have a better career than Coyle, but they're not going to be All-Stars. Trust me.

The Wild will gain some cap space this offseason with Bouchard and Backstrom's contract off the books and if Backstrom wants to be back he will likely have to take a pay cut. It is also pretty likely that Heatley will be gone and that will free up a good amount of space as will, Clutterbuck could also be gone too as it has been rumored they may move the RFA for a draft pick or something. I also would expect a couple of their defensemen to not be back as well. A few of these guys will be replaced by guys in their rookie contracts like Granlund and Dumba which will be cheaper for them and give them a little more cap space to work with. Zucker and Coyle won't be Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kane, Toews, etc. level stars in the NHL but they will be very good players in this league and very capable 1st and 2nd line players on a good team.

• Upvote 1

I'm a Sioux, Hawks, and Wild fan and I'm also a fan of basically any Gopher sport besides hockey and I was born and raised and still live in Minnesota and love the "state of hockey" stuff. I do agree with you that the Lemaire system was horrible to watch and it probably didn't help that they didn't really have any exciting players at that time besides Gaborik.

Being forced to watch the FSN production while the NBC is blacked out because I live in the FSN region is driving me nuts. I have no wish to listen to Lapanta, Gorg, and company whining constantly like they are doing a Gopher game. Looks like we'll finally get to watch the NBC production this afternoon since it's on the NBC local network. Just have to hope that there is not some Bison intersquad game that preempts the local hockey broadcast (which happened near the end of the regular NHL season). Oh, well, I'm a Hawk fan anyway.

I hate the FSN broadcast. I ended up syncing the WGN radio feed with my TV and watching it that way. Much better!

I'm with you about trying to be forced to watch FSN but more so because of Greenlay rather than Gorg or Lapanta. Luckily for me I get CBC and have been able to watch the Hawks/Wild games on there so far but would still rather be able to watch NBC especially when Doc is calling the game and it looks like I will be able to do that today.

is the HD from channel 16 really as good as other channels ?

Oshie sure isnt 100% in his skating

Can Parise earn his 100 million ?

Sutter is very good 100m good ? ? ?

I see they dont have that advertising behind the goal like the wild & others have during the season - the one on the glass - I sat back there at a wild game & never saw it - is there a article on how that works ?

is the HD from channel 16 really as good as other channels ?

Oshie sure isnt 100% in his skating

Can Parise earn his 100 million ?

Sutter is very good 100 good M ? ? ?

I didn't know that Sutter got a $100 M-

Sorry, just being a smart a$$

I'm with you about trying to be forced to watch FSN but more so because of Greenlay rather than Gorg or Lapanta. Luckily for me I get CBC and have been able to watch the Hawks/Wild games on there so far but would still rather be able to watch NBC especially when Doc is calling the game and it looks like I will be able to do that today.

Yep, the color guy, he makes the call unbearable. Don't know where he came from, but he can return there anytime.

Yzerman said it really well. I was a huge North Stars fan as a kid. I guess the Wild are my NHL team, but I hate the fact that I share the same professional hockey team with all those bleeding gold goopher fans.

I wouldn't call myself a diehard, just want to see the local group do well. If they keep playing defensive zone coverage like they showed on the first Chicago goal today the season will be done soon.

Yeo rolling the dice again this afternoon ... loading up on his top 2 D and playing 2.5 lines.

Hawks rolling 4.

Its 1-1 after one, but this game has "Hawks 3rd period rally" written all over it.

I could definitely see the Wild taking a lead into the third period and then playing goose egg hockey. Chip it out, clog up lanes....circa Minnesota 2003.