SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Marathon Bombed

jodcon

Intent also plays into the equation. And since you are obviously trying to pick a fight, shown by the extreme example used, I wouldn't call us good. You are an anonymous poster who knows absolutely nothing about me, so I really don't put any stock in whether you called me names or not. But it was a nice attempt to be childish during a serious discussion.

So let me get this straight...in almost everyone of your posts in response to one of mine, you use the words hate and/or ignorance and/or racism. But because those are your opinions of me, who you do not know, that OK? They are not "extreme examples" and you sure weren't being "childish" because again that's your take.

Yesterday early evening based on exchanged posts between us, I saw you and I going down a path we didn't need to go down. I said it might be best that you and I both let things go (Post #140) but yet you continued to charge forward and attack. (Post #143). That kind of "smacks of an a**h*le". Not calling you names because there is a difference and you should be able to see that as you explained it to me earlier.

We need to remember that not all members on this site are adults.

'We can set a good example for your children by speaking kindly of others, and not resorting to rudeness yourself. This is quite important, since many verbal bullies first learn to dominate others with words by listening to their parents, and how they interact with others. ' ;)

So let me get this straight...in almost everyone of your posts in response one of mine, you use the word hate and/or ignorance and/or racism. But because those are your opinions of me, who you do not know, that OK? They are not "extreme examples" and you sure weren't being "childish" because again that's your take.

Yesterday early evening based on exchanged posts between us, I saw you and I going down a path we didn't need to go down. I said it might be best that you and I both let things go (post #140) but yet you continued to charge forward and attack. That kind of "smacks of an a**h*le". Not calling you names because there is a difference and you should be able to see that as you explained it to me earlier.

I don't know you and I have no idea whether you are a racist or not. Your comments, including all Muslims in a group and suspecting them because of the actions of 2 individuals, represents a racist attitude. That's what sparked this whole conversation. Doesn't mean you are racist, it could just mean that you are ignorant on the topic. Kind of like when you didn't realize that Chechnya wasn't part of the Middle East.

Here is a simpler example. People make stupid comments all of the time. Everyone makes a stupid comment at some point in their life. That doesn't mean that they are all stupid. If someone makes a lot of stupid comments they would give the appearance of being stupid. But it doesn't mean that they actually are stupid. On the other hand, a lot of them actually are.

And if you aren't actually racist, or ignorant, or don't hate, then I'm not sure why a few comments from an anonymous person on an Internet forum would matter to you at all. But you really do seem to be getting upset about it.

By the way, you never answered my question about setting up prison camps for Japanese-Americans during World War II. Do you thing that was a proper thing to do? As a follow-up, is that what you would support for all Muslims in the United States?

Once u become radical u are killing for what many believe is with their God or religion will bless them to do. Radical Muslims are good at this. Christians are not.

It makes for better killers

Even this new series Vikings shows how much better at what we call evil because they thought their Gods would reward them for dieing in battle

Once u become radical u are killing in what many believe is with their God or religion will bless them to do. Radical Muslims are good at this. Christians are not.

It makes for better killers

Even this new series Vikings shows how much better at what we call evil because they thought their Gods would reward them for dieing in battle

Christians have also done a lot of killing in the name of God. A great example is the Crusades. They were started by the Pope. A lot of wars have been fought over the years because of religion. Religion and greed are probably 2 of the main causes of war, with jealousy probably coming in a close 3rd.

If I am cautious of Hispanics I because I have been mugged ten times and eight were Hispanic. If you think that makes someone ignorant, wouldn't that be an ignorant statement. It's ok to accept different viewpoints. One isn't anymore right than the other.

Can you marry someone outside your race and still have racists thoughts about that race. Why of course. Does that make you a racists? That's sorta what's being discussed.

• Upvote 1

I feel compelled to make a comment here. There is hate and evil in the world. These two fellows are/were evil and they happened to be Muslim. My stating that fact does not make me racist. Nor does my respectfully disagreeing with you on an issue make me intolerant. We are so bent on being pc that we avoid the obvious, and the subjects we do need to be talking about. It is not about winning the argument. It is about hearing the other person out and acknowledging their position. That is what the world needs.

As an aside, I was in Boston on Monday. At the marathon, and a few blocks from the finish line. Fortunately all of us from Bismarck were unharmed and are home safe. It gives a person an entirely different view of things that is for sure.

• Upvote 2

I don't know you and I have no idea whether you are a racist or not. Your comments, including all Muslims in a group and suspecting them because of the actions of 2 individuals, represents a racist attitude. That's what sparked this whole conversation. Doesn't mean you are racist, it could just mean that you are ignorant on the topic. Kind of like when you didn't realize that Chechnya wasn't part of the Middle East.

Here is your problem, you make up $#it. Find the post in this thread where I said Chechnya was part of the Middle East. You won't. You know why?? Because I never posted that. You misconstrued and the took a liberty to make out something you wanted out of something that wasn't there. Go back to post #139. You are an @$$hole. Plain and simple.

No where has anyone called you names. This is totally uncalled for. If you can't handle the discussion without name calling, stop.

He has attacked me even when I felt he and I needed to stop our conversations. He has made stuff up, like above, to try to prove I'm "ignorant and stupid". I'll call him out as I see fit. If you want to defend that, it says a lot about you as well!

I feel compelled to make a comment here. There is hate and evil in the world. These two fellows are/were evil and they happened to be Muslim. My stating that fact does not make me racist. Nor does my respectfully disagreeing with you on an issue make me intolerant. We are so bent on being pc that we avoid the obvious, and the subjects we do need to be talking about. It is not about winning the argument. It is about hearing the other person out and acknowledging their position. That is what the world needs.

As an aside, I was in Boston on Monday. At the marathon, and a few blocks from the finish line. Fortunately all of us from Bismarck were unharmed and are home safe. It gives a person an entirely different view of things that is for sure.

As the person who apparently started this, let me state that no one is denying that these young men, are Muslim, are evil and deserve to go to hell. Someone made the statement 'If this makes people take a different look at the Muslim community as a whole in this country, well...' and I said the statement smacks of racism. The poster of said comment took it to mean I was calling him/her a racist.

As so it began.....

He has attacked me even when I felt he and I needed to stop our conversations. He has made stuff up, like above, to try to prove I'm "ignorant and stupid". I'll call him out as I see fit. If you want to defend that, it says a lot about you as well!

You need to step back and think about what you say before you say it.

This thread has outlived it's purpose and needs to be closed.

Hahaha...and this coming from you of all people.

And yes, that's snarky...

Why? Where have I called been disrespectful in my response to your posts? Please reference any post where I have called you names? I hope your over reaction to a statement on a message board doesn't extend to innocent remarks made by your family or friends. And, that is not meant to be snarky.

Why? Where have I called been disrespectful in my response to your posts? Please reference any post where I have called you names? I hope your over reaction to a statement on a message board doesn't extend to innocent remarks made by your family or friends. And, that is not meant to be snarky.

When you use the phase "smacks of racism" to anyone, that is basically calling them a racist whether that was your intent or not. We can take this off thread via PM if you prefer.

Carlos Arredondo, Peace Activist, Hero.

I couldn't believe the stories of pain and suffering this man has endured. If any man could have been forgiven for turtling after those bombs went off, it was him. Instead, he did his duty. Incredible act of courage after all he has already been through...

• Upvote 1

Here is your problem, you make up $#it. Find the post in this thread where I said Chechnya was part of the Middle East. You won't. You know why?? Because I never posted that. You misconstrued and the took a liberty to make out something you wanted out of something that wasn't there. Go back to post #139. You are an @$$hole. Plain and simple.

Let's go over several parts of the conversation that led me to think that you didn't know that Chechnya wasn't part of the Middle East. First:

I see your point but the problem is it was "those people"...again. This Boston situation was an Islamic Jihadist terroristic act...it's not the first and won't be the last but let's not water down the significane that this was another radical Islamic attack on this country. If this makes people take a different look at the Muslim community as a whole in this country, well...

Which leads people to believe that you have a problem with all Muslims. You obviously don't see it, but using that generality can be construed as being racist.

This will be my last comment on my "community as a whole" post...there are 4 million Muslims in the country and counting and if just 2 out of 4 million caused this terroristic act, I think I'm in the majority in feeling that we as a nation need to be more attentive and decerning as to our surroundings...including the Muslim community. A Democratic House Representative from Massachusetts when interviewed today on TV essentially said the same thing.

If 4 Middle Eastern men were to show up at the Bruins or Sox game today, heads would have turned and some attention would be paid to them...right or wrong. Humans are not robots. Like Mafia said terrorists won't be walking around looking like Aladdin shouting "Death to America".

Now you have connected the bombers, all Muslims, and the Middle East. Here is post 139, which you referred to.

If a white guy shoots up a movie theater, are you going to be worried about every white guy that walks into a movie theater? You know, like James Holmes in Colorado?

There are people of all colors, creeds, shapes, sizes, etc. that are going to try and harm others. Picking out one group to hate is a pretty basic definition of racism. In this world we all need to be aware of what is going on around us. And even that might not be enough if you are unlucky enough to be in the wrong place.

By the way Chechens are not Middle Eastern. Their country is now part of the Russian Federation, carved out of the southern border of Russia itself, and their background is more European and Caucasian. Not all Muslims are Middle Eastern. Most Muslims are not Middle Eastern.

You responded with this statement.

You keep bringing up the word "hate" and insinuating that when you reply to almost all my posts. Find a post where I used that word.

I used the 4 Middle Eastern men as an example to try to get a point across but I appreciate the history lesson.

We see this vastly different. Might be best to let it go on both sides.

Where did I lie? Where did I make something up? I added 1+2+3+4. You didn't say outright that Chechnya was part of the Middle East. But you went on a direct line from Chechen brothers committing a bombing to being suspicious of all Muslims and everyone from the Middle East. Then you thanked me for the history lesson. That would lead someone to believe that you didn't know where Chechnya was. If you don't know something, you are ignorant on that subject. I didn't make up any of those quotes.

You aren't used to be challenged, are you. Don't people stand up to you in real life? Here's a tip. If you wanted to end the conversation, all you had to do was stop posting. Then I wouldn't have had anything to respond to. Conversation would have ended last night without your name calling. Nice PM's by the way.

Christians have also done a lot of killing in the name of God. A great example is the Crusades. They were started by the Pope. A lot of wars have been fought over the years because of religion. Religion and greed are probably 2 of the main causes of war, with jealousy probably coming in a close 3rd.

Christianity has renounced war and crusades as a way of advancing Christianity.

The sad fact is that Islam has not rejected war or jihad as a matter of advancing Muslims and the Islamic faith. Name one major Islamic leader in the world that has rejected jihad? Name one. Muslim leaders are fearful of going against the the idea of jihad, as they then will become the focus of a jihad against them.

Your pontificating shows your lack of knowledge to even be in this discussion.

Earlier, you stated that religion is a primary cause of war. What a total croc.

Morality and economics and freedom for ethnic groups are the primary cause of war.

World War I, was that caused by religion? No.

WW II, was that caused by religion? No. It was caused by the lack of religion and morality in Germany.

The Korean War, was that caused by religion? No. It was caused by the lack thereof in China and N Korea.

The Vietnam War, was that caused by religion? No. It was caused by devotion to a godless theology dominated by a nationalist leader.

The Cold War, was that caused by religion? It was caused by the lack of religion and basic human rights in the Soviet Union.

The US Civil War, was that caused by religion? No. It was caused by the lack of respect for human dignity.

The US Revolutionary War, was that caused by religion? No. It was caused by the lack of respect for human rights.

The Gulf War, was that caused by religion? No. Caused by an Iraqi dictator.

The Irag War, was that caused by religion? No. The Iragi dictator did not abide by the peace treaty.

The Afghan/Taliban War, was that caused by religion? Yes. Taliban and Al Queada want to eliminate non-Muslim influence from the earth.

Where did I lie? Where did I make something up? I added 1+2+3+4. You didn't say outright that Chechnya was part of the Middle East. But you went on a direct line from Chechen brothers committing a bombing to being suspicious of all Muslims and everyone from the Middle East. Then you thanked me for the history lesson. That would lead someone to believe that you didn't know where Chechnya was. If you don't know something, you are ignorant on that subject. I didn't make up any of those quotes.

You aren't used to be challenged, are you. Don't people stand up to you in real life? Here's a tip. If you wanted to end the conversation, all you had to do was stop posting. Then I wouldn't have had anything to respond to. Conversation would have ended last night without your name calling. Nice PM's by the way.

Wow...that's all I can say. My characterization of you above is spot on.

And as to the PMs, you are welcome!