SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Marathon Bombed

jodcon

CNN got lambasted earlier for its overzealous "fictionalized" reporting of rumored events that actually hadn't happened. Ideologies aside, they're all incompetent and piss poor at reporting verified facts when it comes to big, high-interest news stories. And, apart from the senseless deaths from the bombings, that is what is truly sad.

As well they should have. 'Suspect in custody'...'no, wait, our bad, just kidding'...

• Upvote 1

If it turns out that the person or people responsible for this are anti-government or can somehow be associated in anyway to the right, and by associated to the right I mean that they can prove that the person may have listened to Rush Limbaugh once for 12 minutes, then this story will be in the daily news cycle until the 2014 elections and everyone who doesn't fall in line with the left leaning group think will be associated with it by the media.......on the other hand if it is a left leaning nutjob group like occupy wall street or some other anti-business group or if it turns out to be muslim related then we will be told that this is just one person responsible for this and no one else associated with him/her can reasonably be held accountable.....that's how it works.

So your saying that the media is anti-business?

I heard they are from the Russian Caucasus.

http://www.politico....0326.html?hp=l1

The brothers were of Chechen heritage, but at least the younger brother was born in Krygyzstan, as there have been two recent wars between Chechnya and Russia for Chechen independence, and many Chechens fled their homeland during that time. Chechens are mainly Muslim and have been aligned with Al Qaeda and other Islamic groups against Russia. April 16 is an important date for Chechen's, as that was the end of the 2nd Chechen war against Russia. The time of the Boston Marathon bombing was just minutes before the dawn of the 16th local time in Chechnya.

http://en.wikipedia....ond_Chechen_War

One of the most diabolical terrorists attack was the one launched by Chechens on the Beslan school in North Ossetia, which is a Russian republic neighboring Chechnya with Ossetian people that are pro-Russian, mainly due to shared religion. Chechen terrorists have been responsible for many attacks in Russia, and many are fearful that the Chechens will be targeting the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

http://en.wikipedia...._hostage_crisis

No, what he's saying is that the media leans slightly to the left, which shouldn't come as much of a shock to anyone.

There are so many things that leave me scratching my head when I hear peoples opinions/perspectives in our world today but none more fascinating than when I hear people use the words liberal or conservative or left and right. I simply do not understand how anyone can try to make sense of anything in those terms without experiencing such intense vertigo that they simply fall over while walking down the street. But that's just me..

• Upvote 2

Or the worship of Allah and wanting to see the destruction of the USA.

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like at duck, it's a duck.

This disaster had foreign terrorism written all over it from the get go.

You know what most of these massive shootings/domestic attacks have in common that's not widely reported: serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Conversely, this is clearer to me. I can think about this and try to ascertain its validity and in the end draw a pretty good conclusion based on whether it is true or false...

But if I then try to fit some left or right lean into it, well then it all falls apart..

http://us.cnn.com/20.../?iref=obinsite

Hidden in the news on CNN today...

Chris Matthews to issue public apology for linking this to the bombing attacks and an attack on the Democratic Party...

OK, the CNN story is true...Chris Matthews apologizing is not...

So he won't be getting a second date with Eddie then???

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like at duck, it's a duck.

This disaster had foreign terrorism written all over it from the get go.

But it COULDN'T possibly be that, Oxbow6! No group claimed responsibility for this! Oh, wait, what better way to cause more fear and terror than by watching the FBI and CIA try and figure out who it is! What could cause more chaos than not knowing?

Before we round up all the Muslims in the country, put them in front of a wall and gun them down in the name of the US of A and Christianity, remember this....

Jumping to Conclusions in Oklahoma City?

"Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters." Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters. Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters.

• Upvote 1

Before we round up all the Muslims in the country, put them in front of a wall and gun them down in the name of the US of A and Christianity, remember this....

Jumping to Conclusions in Oklahoma City?

"Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters." Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters. Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters.

Where in this thread has anyone called the rounding up of all Muslims? And how is this scenario in Boston at this point in time anywhere near the OKC bombings? I guess I struggle to see the correlation with what you have posted above.

An uncle of the brothers that was interviewed called them "losers" and that the family was "ashamed".

He is so dead on. They are losers, a waste of humanity and deserve to die. I can't see the one suspect giving up, he will die in a fire fight or commit suicide.

I never suggested this at all. What people (especially CNN and MSNBC) insinuated early on that since no group with Islamic ties claimed responsibility, that this was probably the work of right-wing folks. That's a fact, ESPECIALLY in the case of MSNBC's Matthews.

My point is that if you're a group or individual trying to cause maximum damage and chaos, why WOULD you claim responsibility? Not knowing who or why certainly would cause more panic than someone revealing right away that the IRA, Shining Path, or any other group was taking credit for the attack.

Speaking of who and why, remind me again why this is so important now and NOT in the case of Benghazi?

Guns would never be banned but background checks for everyone wherever you buy a gun (gun shows etc) should be law.

So if I'm a drug dealer in Chicago and want to sell my gun to a drug dealer in Gary, IN, I have to complete a background check first? Sounds like a lot of hassle...

So if I'm a drug dealer in Chicago and want to sell my gun to a drug dealer in Gary, IN, I have to complete a background check first? Sounds like a lot of hassle...

:lol:

We are a society of convenience!

Guns would never be banned but background checks for everyone wherever you buy a gun (gun shows etc) should be law.

And we should have a national database for all of these background checks, so one day it will be real easy to pull out a list and say give us your guns.