SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Marathon Bombed

jodcon

2 bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon today and it sounds like another at the JFK Library, reporting 2 dead and 23 injured...with the number of people in a small area during sporting events it makes you wonder if they will be targeted more in the coming years by these radical types...scary thought.

Let's call it like it is...guns, bombs, ect...don't cause these senseless tragedies we repeatedly witness but it's the sick, deranged, f-ed people armed with these devices that are the problem.

• Upvote 3

Very sad, just heard that one of the people killed was an 8 year old child. I have a friend who was running this. She finished about 20 minutes prior to the explosions. Thankfully she and the other Red River Runners from GF are all safe.

Very sad, just heard that one of the people killed was an 8 year old child. I have a friend who was running this. She finished about 20 minutes prior to the explosions. Thankfully she and the other Red River Runners from GF are all safe.

I just heard from a friend who lives in Boston. So glad to hear she's ok. Normalcy is something we can no longer take for granted

Obama doesn't use the term "terror or terrorism" in his address to the country yet minutes later a WH source does. 2 bombs go off...more found and an apartment is searched of a person of interest who is Saudi.

As 3 lay dead and 140+ are injured I'm sure Obama wanted to pick his words carefully as not to offend anyone?!?!?

CHRIS MATTHEWS: "Well, Michael, tax day today. That came up. You know, I was thinking of all the iconic events that are being told about today. Of course I knew it was tax day because I got them in. But of course, it's Patriots Day. It's also the Boston Marathon. And would you as an expert be thinking domestic at this point? I don't think tax day means a lot to the Arab world or Islamic world or certainly not to al Qaeda in terms of their world. It doesn't have iconic significance."

“I was just thinking, again, it’s early; it’s an early situation, but going after the Kennedy Library, not something at Bunker Hill, not something from the freedom trail or anything that kind of historic, but a modern political figure of the Democratic Party,” he said, “Does that tell you anything?”

No worries, Oxbow6, sounds like Chris has a pulse on who the REAL culprits are...

CHRIS MATTHEWS: "Well, Michael, tax day today. That came up. You know, I was thinking of all the iconic events that are being told about today. Of course I knew it was tax day because I got them in. But of course, it's Patriots Day. It's also the Boston Marathon. And would you as an expert be thinking domestic at this point? I don't think tax day means a lot to the Arab world or Islamic world or certainly not to al Qaeda in terms of their world. It doesn't have iconic significance."

“I was just thinking, again, it’s early; it’s an early situation, but going after the Kennedy Library, not something at Bunker Hill, not something from the freedom trail or anything that kind of historic, but a modern political figure of the Democratic Party,” he said, “Does that tell you anything?”

No worries, Oxbow6, sounds like Chris has a pulse on who the REAL culprits are...

No doubt...I'm sure as he was spooning Eddie last night they hashed it all out and have a firm grip on the situation! :silly::glare:

This is starting to get political. Please don't go down that road, as this is an important topic and I would like us to be able to talk about it here.

And the news media whipping up mass hysteria about right-wingers, gun nuts, tea-partiers, etc. isn't relevant? I watched several broadcasts last night and while the left wants to 'stop the rush to judgement' regarding potential Arab terrorist ties, they sure don't mind pointing the finger at anyone who punched a ballot for Mitt Romney, do they? I even heard a radio talk show this morning mention (and I'm paraphrasing here) something to the effect of Newtown parents and families being near the finish line and wondered if this might be the doing of the NRA. Simply disgusting and unbelievable...and yet Representative Keith Ellison wants to call Sean Hannity a 'yellow journalist'?

• Upvote 2

And the news media whipping up mass hysteria about right-wingers, gun nuts, tea-partiers, etc. isn't relevant? I watched several broadcasts last night and while the left wants to 'stop the rush to judgement' regarding potential Arab terrorist ties, they sure don't mind pointing the finger at anyone who punched a ballot for Mitt Romney, do they? I even heard a radio talk show this morning mention (and I'm paraphrasing here) something to the effect of Newtown parents and families being near the finish line and wondered if this might be the doing of the NRA. Simply disgusting and unbelievable...and yet Representative Keith Ellison wants to call Sean Hannity a 'yellow journalist'?

And as heard at the local Sr. citizen center..."That's a good a good bingo!"

And there has been equally disturbing horsecrap from the Tea Party that this was an "inside job" by the Obama Administration so that he can take away our civil liberties and that this "proves" that "Obama cannot protect the country" and whatever other garbage I haven't seen or heard yet. So please cut the moral supremacy crap.

This isn't about politics (foreign or domestic). This is about a sick, disturbed individual or group that thinks their freedom of expression extends to stuff like this. Let's focus on finding the perpetrators and try to prevent this from happening again.

And there has been equally disturbing horsecrap from the Tea Party that this was an "inside job" by the Obama Administration so that he can take away our civil liberties and that this "proves" that "Obama cannot protect the country" and whatever other garbage I haven't seen or heard yet. So please cut the moral supremacy crap.

This isn't about politics (foreign or domestic). This is about a sick, disturbed individual or group that thinks their freedom of expression extends to stuff like this. Let's focus on finding the perpetrators and try to prevent this from happening again.

You're using "whatever other garbage you (I) haven't seen or heard yet" as evidence of 'horsecrap' from the Tea Party? That comment alone is absolutely laughable.

Maybe the Tea Party inside job folks can have lunch with the liberal 9/11 truthers who blame that all on Bush and hammer this all out.

You know what most of these massive shootings/domestic attacks have in common that's not widely reported: serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Or the worship of Allah and wanting to see the destruction of the USA.

Or the worship of Allah and wanting to see the destruction of the USA.

Now now now...let's not rush to judgement. I know the suspect who is in 'custody' is a Saudi national but he's probably an NRA member who is upset with Obama's handling of the economy.

Obama is not responsible for this as was Bush to 9/11. These are sick bastards that need to fry...plain and simple. Our government gets lots of threats from nut job groups that want to destroy the USA, and its impossible to make sure they don't follow through on every one. Until there is no evil in the world...there will always be a chance of a terrorist attack.

Now now now...let's not rush to judgement. I know the suspect who is in 'custody' is a Saudi national but he's probably an NRA member who is upset with Obama's handling of the economy.

Given that the Saudi national who was in custody has now been cleared of suspicion and was a vicitm of the bombing, it might be a reason to not rush to judgment.

• Upvote 1